Does anyone else feel like a kid a few days before Christmas?

jes2400

A lot of us had posts about how the June dead time was driving us nuts. Now that July is here, I think I'm even more nuts than before. With camp just a little over 2 weeks away, I'm getting that feeling you got when you were a kid and the presents were under the tree a few days before Christmas and each day you were going nuts because you couldn't wait to see what was in them. That's how I'm feeling, I can't wait to see this version of the Falcons. I can't wait to see: Spoon, How well Moore, Jerry, and Douglas have bounced back from their injuries, who will win the other CB spot, which low round or UDFA will steal a roster spot, a re-energized Turner, if competition at WR will drive Jenkins to improve, if I'm right about B.Harvey making the team, and many other things. Other posters have also expressed excitement about this season. Have you ever been this excited about a Falcons team before? I'm not sure I was this excited the season after our Superbowl trip. I mean, I was excited, but I don't think this much. It's just something about this season that feels different than any other. That's the atmosphere the Blank-TD-Smith team has created around here and it's great! :D

im excited because its more of a franchise now instead of just a team...and its NEVER been like that before

Excellent point! I guess that's what happens when you have people in charge that actually care and know what they're doing.

im excited, im really excited, im so excited, do you think im excited? I hope you know im really exicted, how excited are you? excited enough to be super excited? Are we there yet? I hope so cause im hecka excited....Cited cited cited cited. To h3ll with the saints! Too much or not enough folgers in your cup slap in some red bull cause it gives me wings!

OOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!! where the grass- where the

BING!!

Your search engine stops in texas in january for the superbowl with Falcons in it much!!

:o :unsure: :mellow:

Edited by FalconPio

All I know, is it just seems like this is the longest off-season ever. Even ABF is failing to keep me entertained during the wait - and that's saying something since it's the best forum on the boards. Watching repeat games on NFLN is not even cutting it for me. (doesn't help that they almost never play the Falcons, yet repeat the same game 2-3 times in a 24 hr period).

I was talking about insomnia the other day to my 10 year old son. I asked him if he had ever had trouble going to sleep at night because his mind was racing too fast.

He said, "Like when you get a new pair of shoes to wear to school?"

I was talking about insomnia the other day to my 10 year old son. I asked him if he had ever had trouble going to sleep at night because his mind was racing too fast.

He said, "Like when you get a new pair of shoes to wear to school?"

lmaoooooo, what a baller.

I feel like kid on Sunday mornings before the game starts. I get so excited.

My whole entire Sunday and most the week is ruined if we lose, but if we win, I feel like I can relax the rest of Sunday.

Football isn't as enjoyable on Sunday if the Falcons lose, if they win, the rest of Sunday is gravy.

Seriously.....I've felt this way this time of year for as long as I can remember.

Cool thing is.....

I have never had this much 'reason' to be so giddy with overflowing optimism. Don't get me wrong, I realize that it's still going to take 10-11 wins to get in the playoffs. I realize also that sometimes all of that optimism coupled with less than desired results can lead to, well....you get my point.

But....these ain't the same 'ole birds.

It's a new dawn in Falcons' history.

New and exciting!

Comparatively speaking: It's fresh air, ocean breezes, mountain brooks, yellow bikinis, fresh towels, dropping a pant size, squeeze mayo, 2 rainbows, ice cold beer, grandma's cooking, sucking out in poker, knowing the answer to Final Jeopardy, kissing a non-cousin and another beer compared to yesteryears Falcons.

So needless to say.......yea, I'm excited.

Yeah, I do. Waiting too see the new toys that you are gonna get and how you will like them(Weatherspoon, Dunta, Peters, Moore, Franks) Adding them to the toys that you got last year that you weren't sure about but totally grew on you.(Jerry, Owens, Moore again, Sidbury, Biermann 2 years ago. Should be a great christmas around these parts.

Almost forgot the toy that you got 4 years ago that wasn't what you expected, but you had high hopes for. (Ja98) You have pondered over the years to throw it away or trade it, but for some reason you just can't part with it. Hopefully these new toys will help you find a purpose for it. Nothing like new toys to light a fire under you old toys butt.

I feel like kid on Sunday mornings before the game starts. I get so excited.

My whole entire Sunday and most the week is ruined if we lose, but if we win, I feel like I can relax the rest of Sunday.

Football isn't as enjoyable on Sunday if the Falcons lose, if they win, the rest of Sunday is gravy.

That's exactly how I be feeling. Like I can just relax and think about the win on Sundays. It really helps you get over the dreaded monday morning also if we win. That's another reason why I love the 1pm games cause I can just sit and and watch other games at 4pm and the Sunday night game and just be like well, my falcons won earlier today