2010 Toughest Schedules in the country.

SacFalcFan

Yeah, I have no problem playing a tough schedule. You are going to have to beat good teams eventually.

depends on the team we have.. if you have a team with a young starting qb and a lot of youth you want an easier schedule, but if you have a team full of veterans a tougher schedule won't necessarily hurt you.. remember though that tougher schedule takes a toll physically on the team. that's why a team like byu, utah, and boise state are fine playing a few tough ooc games, but you put them into the sec they would physically be unable to compete week in and week out because of the weekly physical games. i am happy as a dawg fan we have an easier schedule on paper this coming year with our past few years of scheduling teams and the travel included. traveling (such as this year with going on the road to colorado and a few years ago traveling to arizona state and oklahoma state) really is tough as well..

depends on the team we have.. if you have a team with a young starting qb and a lot of youth you want an easier schedule, but if you have a team full of veterans a tougher schedule won't necessarily hurt you.. remember though that tougher schedule takes a toll physically on the team. that's why a team like byu, utah, and boise state are fine playing a few tough ooc games, but you put them into the sec they would physically be unable to compete week in and week out because of the weekly physical games. i am happy as a dawg fan we have an easier schedule on paper this coming year with our past few years of scheduling teams and the travel included. traveling (such as this year with going on the road to colorado and a few years ago traveling to arizona state and oklahoma state) really is tough as well..

I deff understand that. I just keep the mindset that in order to be the best you have to be the best. Of course Id rather have a easier schedule but at the same time I am not going to use the schedule as an excuse. You have to expect to win every time you step on the field.

I deff understand that. I just keep the mindset that in order to be the best you have to be the best. Of course Id rather have a easier schedule but at the same time I am not going to use the schedule as an excuse. You have to expect to win every time you step on the field.

absolutely. you don't use it as an excuse, but it's still something you need to be aware of when discussing your season..

• 2 weeks later...

the is one thing I appreciate about miami and fsu if you guys are not afraid to play tough out of conference teams and are willing to travel.

Bowden instilled that as part of FSU, IMO. I remember his interviews saying that he'd take his teams on the road to Nebraska and Oklahoma and play them for 4 quarters. I think that this year, we even make a return trip to Oklahoma.

Bowden instilled that as part of FSU, IMO. I remember his interviews saying that he'd take his teams on the road to Nebraska and Oklahoma and play them for 4 quarters. I think that this year, we even make a return trip to Oklahoma.

bowden knew that to be the best you have to beat the best including great out of conference games.. and that fsu run was simply amazing and one we won't see duplicated maybe ever.