Some good news for Tennessee fans

Matt Simms has been attending the Manning camp and has apparently been putting on some impressive performances, some of the quotes on him are below with the last 2 being tweets from Mort:

-Nevada's Colin Kaeperrick - like Simms - had that wow factor with arm strength.

-Greg McElroy on Matt Simms: "Man, I wish I had an arm like that." Of course, Simms would like to have a national title ring.

-The wow guy tonight was Simms - he wowed his peers with arm strength especially, accuracy and spinning it.”

-Tennessee's Matt Simms by far the best I've seen here tonight. Hit 12 of 12 moving targets with impressive velocity.

He made it to the finals in the skills competition before losing to Taylor Potts from Texas Tech, the QB's he beat out include, Greg McElroy and Christian Ponder among others.

Nice to hear this with all that's been going on.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

It will be fun hating on matt simms the next few years if he acts like he did earlier in his career. :P seriously though he will need to high some professionals to keep him upright this year.. it's gonna be ugly..

Hopefully the offensive line can put forth a decent effort, I think you'll see a lot of quick passes and screens to just get the ball in the play makers hands as quickly as possible.

Matt Stafford had the WOW factor as well. NFL scluts drooled at all his skill and talent. Yet it did not fully develop at the college level due to an inconsistent and ineffective O-line. To Matt's credit, I don't think he ever complained publicly about it.

I believe UT has some serious questions at the O-line. Youth and inexperience is a recipe for disaster. Matt Simms may look good in drills but lets see how that O-line works out. Chances are that you will probably not look too good when you are running for your life on every other down.

Hopefully the offensive line can put forth a decent effort, I think you'll see a lot of quick passes and screens to just get the ball in the play makers hands as quickly as possible.

you are right i can see that being the case with the quicker passes, but i just don't see that being something you can live on all year. the first half of the year while the young guys get their teeth cut you will be in some trouble, but by the end it should be better.

you are right i can see that being the case with the quicker passes, but i just don't see that being something you can live on all year. the first half of the year while the young guys get their teeth cut you will be in some trouble, but by the end it should be better.

I agree, it won't work all the time but hopefully it will open up the deep passing game some. And as far as the good news about Simms goes I much rather hear he is looking impressive rather than the looks like garbage, regardless of the line play ;)