For all of my fellow Dawg fans who were gloating about UT's problems

007dawg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable how stupid these kids can be. Athletes getting in trouble is a problem nation-wide.

Jackson and King

Its because the NFL continues to give its morons 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances. The NFL really needs to tighten up and start giving some of these morons the boot. Then when these college kids see their NFL hero's being kicked out, maybe they will get their acts together. The NFL and NCAA need to really work together to put an end to these kids throwing their talent away.

Any average human being would kill to be in a position that these college athletes are in. They are practically given a blessing and they want to find every possible way to screw it up for themselves.

I know we were all young and dumb, but only a select few young men get a chance to play college football at the highest level. That's why I don't buy that excuse, they should at least hold themselves to a higher standard since they represent the university.

Not surprised at all. Drinking in regards Tavarres doesn't surprise me since most of these kids are drinking, but the idiotic behaviour of deciding to drive while intoxicated with djax just shows how stupid some guys are. Did they not just see what happened to Damon Evans?

This is why I don't even care about people badmouthing UF for "thug" players. ******** college athletes is a country-wide epidemic.

UF is one of THE elite programs in the country. But "thug" behaviour isn't really alcohol. I'm sorry, if it was alchohol and traffic issues, I wouldn't be calling UF and UT thuggish. Violence, thefts, burglaries, threats, stalking, etc....Those are "thug" behaviors. You see a lot of that at UF, UT...UM, FSU, etc. Not in a ton of schools, at least not where it is just over and over again.

UF is one of THE elite programs in the country. But "thug" behaviour isn't really alcohol. I'm sorry, if it was alchohol and traffic issues, I wouldn't be calling UF and UT thuggish. Violence, thefts, burglaries, threats, stalking, etc....Those are "thug" behaviors. You see a lot of that at UF, UT...UM, FSU, etc. Not in a ton of schools, at least not where it is just over and over again.

This ^^

But im sure it happens everywhere in some way, maybe our guys are just a smarter shade of dumb...

Edited by Ronaldo77

Not surprised at all. Drinking in regards Tavarres doesn't surprise me since most of these kids are drinking, but the idiotic behaviour of deciding to drive while intoxicated with djax just shows how stupid some guys are. Did they not just see what happened to Damon Evans?

Jackson should be gone. Bottom line. After just seeing Evans go down, Jackson should be dismissed for DUI combined with criminal STUPIDITY. I'd suspend T. King for a minimum of 4 games. Even if it costs us a game. We're going to show these kids that it simply isn't worth it to drink anywhere outside the dorm or your family's house. Every single time we have another alchohol related arrest, even if it is a completely different player, we should add another game to the suspension. If 4 more players get picked for this, that 4th guy should miss 8 games, I don't care if it is A.J. Green.

The only thing these guys care about is playing time, that's their future, their passion. Take it away.

that is very true.. drinking underage is not thuggish behavior at all or every football player in the nation would be a thug and a dui isn't thuggish behavior (it's very dangerous, but not the same as beating some person up). either way it's stupid behavior and one that cmr as with other coaches have to continue to talk to the players about. both players will be suspended (in fact i could see djax being kicked off the team for his stupid actions).

Jackson should be gone. Bottom line. After just seeing Evans go down, Jackson should be dismissed for DUI combined with criminal STUPIDITY. I'd suspend T. King for a minimum of 4 games. Even if it costs us a game. We're going to show these kids that it simply isn't worth it to drink anywhere outside the dorm or your family's house. Every single time we have another alchohol related arrest, even if it is a completely different player, we should add another game to the suspension. If 4 more players get picked for this, that 4th guy should miss 8 games, I don't care if it is A.J. Green.

The only thing these guys care about is playing time, that's their future, their passion. Take it away.

djax could be gone, but tavarres being suspended for 4 games for being drunk is ludicrous. this is his first offense and he was charged with underage possession which is not a 4 game suspension and a gross injustice if that was to happen. if he was respectful to the police officer who arrested him he gets at most 1 to 2 games. you can't treat tavarres more harsh just to use him as an example. you treat him as you would any underage person who was caught drinking. however unlike other institutions you won't see the internal discipline like we saw with fulmer all those years and something their fans accepted.

The rule is this for Tavarres King is a one-game suspension (1/10 of the season) for a first offense. This is Tavarres King's first offense. We play a twelve (12) game season, so 1/10 of 12 is 1.2, rounded it's ONE (1) game. Djax would be worse because he was driving.

A DUI in my eyes is pretty much on par with beating someone up, both ways can easily result in the death of another human being.

we will disagree on that. there is no comparison at all with beating someone up and getting behind the wheel with alcohol in your blood. while you are right something bad could happen, they are both different behaviors and are not close to the same.

we will disagree on that. there is no comparison at all with beating someone up and getting behind the wheel with alcohol in your blood. while you are right something bad could happen, they are distintive different behaviors.

We will disagree on that, and i'm not specifically talking about the UT 7-on-1 beating but I would give the nod to a DUI as being more destructive than beating someone up. In both situations the driver and the guy doing the beating has no regard for other human life.

We will disagree on that, and i'm not specifically talking about the UT 7-on-1 beating but I would give the nod to a DUI as being more destructive than beating someone up. In both situations the driver and the guy doing the beating has no regard for other human life.

yep we won't agree. no way could i see physically beating someone up even close to someone being dumb enough to be behind a wheel. one is a poor decision, the other is a vicious act of beating someone up.. just because you believe neither is considering someone's life doesn't make them close to being the same thing because the actions are much different as is the mindset as well.

yep we won't agree. no way could i see physically beating someone up even close to someone being dumb enough to be behind a wheel. one is a poor decision, the other is a vicious act of beating someone up.. just because you believe neither is considering someone's life doesn't make them close to being the same thing because the actions are much different as is the mindset as well.

To me they are just equally bad decisions, one putting a victim at the mercy of a perpetrator and the other putting entire families and individuals as well as the perpetrator themselves, at the mercy of the idiot who got behind the wheel drunk, either way there is a risk someone could lose their life.

To me they are just equally bad decisions, one putting a victim at the mercy of a perpetrator and the other putting entire families and individuals as well as the perpetrator themselves, at the mercy of the idiot who got behind the wheel drunk, either way there is a risk someone could lose their life.

they are not the same type of actions man.. and yes i do believe this has to do with the volunteers 7 on 1 beatdown of a police officer.. you can't sit there and say that what djax did was the same as a 7 on 1 beatdown of a police officer.. their actions are not the same. you going to compare what frankie hammond did with 7 guys beating up a police officer as well.. no comparison.

they are not the same type of actions man.. and yes i do believe this has to do with the volunteers 7 on 1 beatdown of a police officer.. you can't sit there and say that what djax did was the same as a 7 on 1 beatdown of a police officer.. their actions are not the same. you going to compare what frankie hammond did with 7 guys beating up a police officer as well.. no comparison.

In all seriousness I am not talking about the Vols beat down, I don't agree with jumping anyone unless they have done something unimaginable that would warrant such a beating. I'm just simply stating DUIs are one of the STUPIDEST things an individual can do, maybe it's from personal experiences that makes my judgement of a DUI more severe, but DUIs should be dealt with swiftly and severely, maybe not a complete removal from the team for a first offense but a 1-year suspension wouldn't be out of the question for me.

In all seriousness I am not talking about the Vols beat down, I don't agree with jumping anyone unless they have done something unimaginable that would warrant such a beating. I'm just simply stating DUIs are one of the STUPIDEST things an individual can do, maybe it's from personal experiences that makes my judgement of a DUI more severe, but DUIs should be dealt with swiftly and severely, maybe not a complete removal from the team for a first offense but a 1-year suspension wouldn't be out of the question for me.

I strongly agree. Jackson should be gone, and if he's not, he better not play at all this year. I've come to the conclusion college athletes are just too stupid to understand that things like DUI's are bad. 1-2 game suspensions are also clearly not enough of a threat to their sense of entitlement and idiocy. There should be zero tolerance.

djax could be gone, but tavarres being suspended for 4 games for being drunk is ludicrous. this is his first offense and he was charged with underage possession which is not a 4 game suspension and a gross injustice if that was to happen. if he was respectful to the police officer who arrested him he gets at most 1 to 2 games. you can't treat tavarres more harsh just to use him as an example. you treat him as you would any underage person who was caught drinking. however unlike other institutions you won't see the internal discipline like we saw with fulmer all those years and something their fans accepted.

The rule is this for Tavarres King is a one-game suspension (1/10 of the season) for a first offense. This is Tavarres King's first offense. We play a twelve (12) game season, so 1/10 of 12 is 1.2, rounded it's ONE (1) game. Djax would be worse because he was driving.

Sorry Sac, I must disagree. We've been giving little 1-2 games suspensions for years. Kids keep doing it. Losing 1-2 games clearly isn't important enough to them to make it stop. Maybe 4 games would be, and keep cranking it up till they figure it out. It's the law. I don't agree with the law, but until they're too scared to mess up, we're going to keep missing players, year after year after year, for key games.

The only way to fix it is too terrify them. And to terrify them, you must level a harsher punishment than is otherwise deserved.

Who cares if it is King's first offense, when he's had at least half a dozen teammates get in trouble for the exact same thing. We punish less for 1st offenses because it is a learning experience for that kid, and he should be cut some slack. King KNEW. He KNEW what would happen, and it wasn't enough to dissuade the behavior. He should be cut zero slack as a first time violator. I've had it with this crap. I don't care that he drinks. I care that this team matters so little to him that it's worth losing a game or two to drink outside his own home or dorm.

Sorry Sac, I must disagree. We've been giving little 1-2 games suspensions for years. Kids keep doing it. Losing 1-2 games clearly isn't important enough to them to make it stop. Maybe 4 games would be, and keep cranking it up till they figure it out. It's the law. I don't agree with the law, but until they're too scared to mess up, we're going to keep missing players, year after year after year, for key games.

The only way to fix it is too terrify them. And to terrify them, you must level a harsher punishment than is otherwise deserved.

Who cares if it is King's first offense, when he's had at least half a dozen teammates get in trouble for the exact same thing. We punish less for 1st offenses because it is a learning experience for that kid, and he should be cut some slack. King KNEW. He KNEW what would happen, and it wasn't enough to dissuade the behavior. He should be cut zero slack as a first time violator. I've had it with this crap. I don't care that he drinks. I care that this team matters so little to him that it's worth losing a game or two to drink outside his own home or dorm.

We will disagree all day long on this one. You don't suspend a player for his first offense for underage possesion more than 1 game. Not one coach in college football would follow that emotional angle to punishment. It's ludicrous to suspend Tavarres for more than 1 game if that much. Yes it does matter it was his first offense. He was caught with underage possession and you will not stop that with suspending King for 20 games or 4 games. If you think suspending Tavarres unjustly is a way to stop it you would be wrong. Terrifying players is not the way to get them to do what is right especially when you incorrectly punish someone like Tavarres who has not had any other issue. BTW all these guys know. Djax looks to be gone however, but Tavarres King will be punished accordingly to what underage possession means.