Ran Across Something...

I know a lot of you were like me...in 1991 you were pretty much addicted to Nintendo. VirtualNES dot com has Tecmo Super Bowl on it. You can actually play the game online. You've got Chris Miller at QB, Mike Rozier at RB, and Andre Rison at WR. And pretty much every game from NES is on there. My other favorite from that era is RBI Baseball.

Just thought I would share that gem with you all!

I know a lot of you were like me...in 1991 you were pretty much addicted to Nintendo. VirtualNES dot com has Tecmo Super Bowl on it. You can actually play the game online. You've got Chris Miller at QB, Mike Rozier at RB, and Andre Rison at WR. And pretty much every game from NES is on there. My other favorite from that era is RBI Baseball.

NINTENDO ?? NEVER PLAYED IT. BUT MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE. THEN I WOULDN'T BE AS GRUMPY AS I AM NOW. BUT I TELL YOU KID, WHEN I STARTED WATCHING THE FALCONS THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS NINTENDO. BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A LOT OF FUN, SO GOOD FOR YOU. NEVER STOP HAVING FUN. THEY HAVE A LOT OF GAMES OUT THERE NOW. I NEVER ACQUIRED A TASTE FOR THEM. BUT FOR THOSE WHO DO .... LET IT ALL HANGOUT. HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS YOU CAN. NICE THREAD KID.

The term kid is not a negative term. I use it with respect. :)

I loved Tecmo bowl back then, Bo Jackson was a BEAST!!!! I swear they made him so that he couldn't be tackled. :lol: I think of that game every time I see one of falken's posts.

Edited by FalconinPA

it's a little tricky trying to play it online...using the x and z buttons along with the arrow keys. Chris Miller was pretty solid on that game though.

I need the little rectangle controller to pull off my patented 'circle' move.

I have a friend that still has Super Tecmo Bowl in working order. It's a classic.

The Falcons were actually pretty bad in that game. Miller, Tolliver and Wade Wilson.

It was almost impossible to to beat teams like the 49ers and Raiders. There was a play that you could run that was about 85% TD rate with Montana and Rice. Even if the other guy 'called your play' you could get a first down. Bo Jackson was a beast. Lawrence Taylor was unstoppable and could block most kicks.

I played a game against a friend of mine and he was the Patriots and I was the Falcons. He was winning the game 2-0 before I kicked a 70 yard field goal with no time on the clock. That was twenty something years ago and I still give him heck about it.

at the time, the graphics of that game seemed far superior to anything I'd seen. Those games we played back then were so basic in comparison to the games that the kids of today get to play. But, it is nice to remember the good old days of gaming. Unfortunately, my friends were 49ers and Dolphins fans, so I don't remember winning a lot of games against them.

at the time, the graphics of that game seemed far superior to anything I'd seen. Those games we played back then were so basic in comparison to the games that the kids of today get to play. But, it is nice to remember the good old days of gaming. Unfortunately, my friends were 49ers and Dolphins fans, so I don't remember winning a lot of games against them.

We would turn the television off and randomly choose our teams. It was always exciting to turn on the tv and see who you were stuck with.

We took the Falcons to the play-offs and ran into San Fran. We must have re-started the game no less than 200 times trying to beat the 49ers. We usually had to re-set before half time because we were getting beat so bad. We never did beat the 49ers. They were unstoppable once they were in the playoffs.

My buddy rented the game from Video Warehouse. He could have bought the game, a new TV and a new Nintendo by the time he paid the late fees. They would call his house DAILY trying to get him to return STB. The messages they would leave were hilarious.