The Phillies

Zodiac

Okay so in 2008 the Phillies won the world series, just look at this.

2008 big time pitcher-Cole Hamels, Now hamels is a decent pitcher and a good #2. They win the WS

2009 Big time pitcher-Cliff Lee, the lose the world series.

2010 Big Time pitcher-Roy Halladay, on pace to not make play-offs.

Is it just me or as the Phillies get better pitching they start to suck even more lol.

Anyone else notice McCann watching every Phillies batter while he was giving signs to make sure they were peeking back trying to pick them up?

Really all catchers do that. It's instinct from little league when catchers start giving signs.

Really all catchers do that. It's instinct from little league when catchers start giving signs.

Not that this particular point is a big deal and I don't mean for it to be but as a former college catcher I can tell you what McCann was doing was not typical. Normally we can see out of the corner of our eye when a guy is peaking but we don't stare at the batter looking for it. We watch the pitcher or glance at a runner. McCann had his head turned directly at the batters and was watching them through his entire sequence which is something I've never seen a MLB catcher do repeatedly for an entire series.

What I find pretty funny and I'm very glad this didn't happen, but the Phillies could have potentially had Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay this year. One of the offers made from the Blue Jays was for J.A. Happ and a few prospects, and the Phillies turned that offer down, mainly because they didn't want to get rid of Happ( :rolleyes: ) I remember seeing the documentary on MLB network of the Yankees/Phillies World Series, and a bunch of the Phillies players discussed their displeasure when Cliff Lee was traded to the Mariners.

Oh well, I'm not complaining. Just pointing out yet another Phillies Phail.