Vol players physically destroy bar patron and undercover cop?

Mr Pickle1

Seems to be a big story going down in Tenn. Group of Vol players beat down a single man in a bar they were at at 4 am in the morning, and then rushed outside, where they stomped an undercover cop who was trying to control the situation into the curb.

Honestly, I'm shocked this happened. I know UT has a reputation for thuggish behavior that is difficult for anyone outside the state of Florida to match, and that several of their players committed an armed robbery only a year or so ago(can't believe J.Jackson is still on their team, but since he's one of their few truly talented players, it makes a certain sort of sense), but this is very surprising, particularly with D. Dooley at the reins. This is NOT what he stands for...but I think he may very well have sent the wrong message when D. Myles wasn't punished more severely than he was for the underage drinking stuff.

Derek, this is UThug. If you don't come down hard on these guys(like you didn't on Darren Myles), really hard(think of the effort necessary to squish a cockroach), these players are just going to run amok, and possibly set up some of sort of underworld society, which they would run from Neyland Stadium. These kids could make a Mexican Drug Cartel break out in a cold sweat with their plans for general mayhem and underhanded criminality.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can do is laugh, honestly. Thatta boy Da'rick.

Because an 18 year old kid deserves this simply for not choosing your University? Stay classy. With that said i'm tired of these stories involving UT players doing stupid **** like this. I've supported this University all my life and have bled Orange through thick and thin but this is really starting to ware me down. I understand that a football player was hit and then other players jumped in to help him but they should of jumped in and pulled him out of the bar and just left. Better yet they shouldn't of been in a bar to being with. I really hope one day this university gets back to the level it was in the 90's but this may finally be in the nail in the coffin to send us to the depths of Kentucky and Vanderbuilt for who knows how long.

Because an 18 year old kid deserves this simply for not choosing your University? Stay classy. With that said i'm tired of these stories involving UT players doing stupid **** like this. I've supported this University all my life and have bled Orange through thick and thin but this is really starting to ware me down. I understand that a football player was hit and then other players jumped in to help him but they should of jumped in and pulled him out of the bar and just left. Better yet they shouldn't of been in a bar to being with. I really hope one day this university gets back to the level it was in the 90's but this may finally be in the nail in the coffin to send us to the depths of Kentucky and Vanderbuilt for who knows how long.

All the UT players chose not to come to UGA. D. Rogers did so in an incredibly insulting, shameful way. He doesn't deserve to have his life ruined for it...and that's not why we're laughing.

I laughed too...because it seems somehow to just FIT. Clearly, UT and the crowd that runs there was the wrong choice for him. We're laughing because we wanted him to come to UGA so bad, and here's clear evidence that we were fools.

Well, My whole family is Tenn fans I just called them and told them and thier pretty upset. I myself am a UGA fan and I feel sorry for you guys but Da'rick deserves it

Ahh...it is really coming together now. Too terrified to enter the arena against Bacarri Rambo and his "fire-knocking", and far too ashamed and proud to admit that to UT and give up football, he picks a fight and arranges to get thrown out of the school for a suitably macho reason. Props to Darrick.

All the UT players chose not to come to UGA. D. Rogers did so in an incredibly insulting, shameful way. He doesn't deserve to have his life ruined for it...and that's not why we're laughing.

I laughed too...because it seems somehow to just FIT. Clearly, UT and the crowd that runs there was the wrong choice for him. We're laughing because we wanted him to come to UGA so bad, and here's clear evidence that we were fools.

I think it's way to early to say this is the wrong crowd to run with. They were out partying, being college kids, and some guy tried to pick a fight with them because they were UT players. I've been out and seen this happen several times, there's no provocation at all, just random guys trying to prove their toughness by beating up football players. Unfortunately for that guy this particular group of UT players didn't stand down and defended themselves and their team mate. I don't agree with any of this, I don't think football players should be allowed to go to clubs or anything that could put them in this sort of situation. Hopefully adequate disciplinary actions will be taken and some suspensions will be handed out. That is what I think you will get from all this with the except of Darren Myles JR being removed from the team.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

I think it's way to early to say this is the wrong crowd to run with. They were out partying, being college kids, and some guy tried to pick a fight with them because they were UT players. I've been out and seen this happen several times, there's no provocation at all, just random guys trying to prove their toughness by beating up football players. Unfortunately for that guy this particular group of UT players didn't stand down and defended themselves and their team mate. I don't agree with any of this, I don't think football players should be allowed to go to clubs or anything that could put them in this sort of situation. Hopefully adequate disciplinary actions will be taken and some suspensions will be handed out.

Yes but they took it to far by assaulting an officer of the law than kicking him while he was out cold these guys deserve 3-5 for this imo.

As a slight update Darren Myles is the one charged with assaulting the police officer, he is going to me removed from the team, Da'rick will probably be suspended for one game and the rest will probably be punished internally.

And here you have the exact reason UT is UThug. They're at a bar they shouldn't be at, getting VIP treatment(in violation of NCAA rules), they beat up a guy en-masse(it would be one thing if it was ONE player defending himself...this was a gang action), then go outside, knock a cop out, then kick him while he's down...and the response is too kick one guy off the team(who'd already been in trouble for underage drinking earlier, and got a slap on the wrist then), suspend another guy for 1 game, and internal discipline?

That's a joke, and Derek Dooley will have sold his soul for the sake of putting a few more decent players on the field than he would if he did what was needed and kick both Darrick and Myles off the team, and suspend the rest for season.

And here you have the exact reason UT is UThug. They're at a bar they shouldn't be at, getting VIP treatment(in violation of NCAA rules), they beat up a guy en-masse(it would be one thing if it was ONE player defending himself...this was a gang action), then go outside, knock a cop out, then kick him while he's down...and the response is too kick one guy off the team(who'd already been in trouble for underage drinking earlier, and got a slap on the wrist then), suspend another guy for 1 game, and internal discipline?

That's a joke, and Derek Dooley will have sold his soul for the sake of putting a few more decent players on the field than he would if he did what was needed and kick both Darrick and Myles off the team, and suspend the rest for season.

Lol Da'rick should not be kicked off the team, he screwed up, you can get charged with disorderly conduct for mouthing off i'm not worried about him. And no, it wasn't a gang action. A random guy jumped a player and the rest of the players intervened. If I was out and a friend was jumped I would be over there in a heartbeat to get the guy off my friend. The cop then tried to get involved and was unfortunately knocked out. If he had been wearing a uniform hopefully that wouldn't of occurred but Darren should be punished severely (removed) for hitting an officer. And I would also bet that players from your holier-than-thou Bulldawgs go to clubs as well, I promise you not all UGA players are saints despite what a lot of posters on this board tend to think.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Lol Da'rick should not be kicked off the team, he screwed up, you can get charged with disorderly conduct for mouthing off i'm not worried about him. And no, it wasn't a gang action. A random guy jumped a player and the rest of the players intervened. If I was out and a friend was jumped I would be over there in a heartbeat to get the guy off my friend. The cop then tried to get involved and was unfortunately knocked out. If he had been wearing a uniform hopefully that wouldn't of occurred but Darren should be punished severely (removed) for hitting an officer. And I would also bet that players from your holier-than-thou Bulldawgs go to clubs as well, I promise you not all UGA players are saints despite what a lot of posters on this board tend to think.

And resisting arrest thats 2 charges + ViP treatment which is against NCAA rules thats more than enough to warrant a boot.

And I would also bet that players from your holier-than-thou Bulldawgs go to clubs as well, I promise you not all UGA players are saints despite what a lot of posters on this board tend to think.

They do go to clubs, Church clubs and Book Clubs... ;) Just kidding around, lighten the mood a little...

Until more info is released, I'll hold off on my opinion. Regardless of the school, it's so annoying to constantly keep hearing about these athletes and their run-ins with the law. I'm no fan of Da'Rick, just didn't like how he handled his 'de-commitment', but at the same time, I don't wish the kid any ill will. I'm over it, and have been for a long time.

I guess this will be the first chance to see which path Dooley will take.. Hard-nosed disciplinarian or 1/2 of a quarter suspension?

Edited by tjb

They do go to clubs, Church clubs and Book Clubs... ;) Just kidding around, lighten the mood a little...

Until more info is released, I'll hold off on my opinion. Regardless of the school, it's so annoying to constantly keep hearing about these athletes and their run-ins with the law. I'm no fan of Da'Rick, just didn't like how he handled his 'de-commitment', but at the same time, I don't wish the kid any ill will. I'm over it, and have been for a long time.

I guess this will be the first chance to see which path Dooley will take.. Hard-nosed disciplinarian or 1/2 of a quarter suspension?

:lol: I appreciate that much needed. I don't think you will see any 1/2 quarter suspensions thrown around, those who do require a suspension will probably have a 1-3 game one. I am with you though, I am tired of hearing about UT players putting themselves in these situations and not handling said situations good at all.

Whew!Just when i thought that the Dawgs were gonna be running away with the Fulmer cup (thanks to Damon's dui fiasco/red panties) the Vols jump right back into it by beating up a guy then knocking out a cop and kicking him while he is down. Classic!

Edited by hairy dawg

I agree with you Vol Falcon. All Dawg players are not saints and yes they do attend clubs as well and I'm sure they get preferential treatment when they go out. It is the same everywhere for the most part. Unfortunately UGA has been in a stroke of bad luck with behavior lately and I'm sure it will happen again but this is YOUR time in the spotlight. ENJOY! The players probably wont get time for assault on a PD officer if he was not in uniform and didnt identify himself but the excessive beat down will not help the case. If Rogers was an equal contributor as Myles then they should both receive the same punishment and that should be released from the team. As we all know more info has yet to surface. Dooley NEEDS to lay down the law now! Look what happened when Donnan let things slide. I actually do not want Rogers off the team because I want to see the match up between him and our secondary. It will be good for SEC football.

I agree with you Vol Falcon. All Dawg players are not saints and yes they do attend clubs as well and I'm sure they get preferential treatment when they go out. It is the same everywhere for the most part. Unfortunately UGA has been in a stroke of bad luck with behavior lately and I'm sure it will happen again but this is YOUR time in the spotlight. ENJOY! The players probably wont get time for assault on a PD officer if he was not in uniform and didnt identify himself but the excessive beat down will not help the case. If Rogers was an equal contributor as Myles then they should both receive the same punishment and that should be released from the team. As we all know more info has yet to surface. Dooley NEEDS to lay down the law now! Look what happened when Donnan let things slide. I actually do not want Rogers off the team because I want to see the match up between him and our secondary. It will be good for SEC football.

I agree with your post, the only thing I have to add is that Darren and Da'rick were not arrested for anywhere close to the same thing.