Thomas Dimitroff on SIRIUS NFL Radio

atljbo

I didnt hear the intervie but i found this

Michael Turner focused on returning strong in 2010 Thu Jul 8, 01:26 PM

Atlanta Falcons RB Michael Turner (ankle) has his weight down, looks lean and well conditioned, according to general manager Thomas Dimitroff during an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio. Turner seems to be very focused this offseason because he does not want to be known as a one-year wonder.

Our view: This matches up with earlier reports about Turner wanting to bounce back this year. He is out to prove that he is an elite level RB, and will only need to avoid injury in order to return to form. By his own admission he was out of shape last year, and has worked hard to get into much better shape for the upcoming season.

Matt Ryan improving, taking on leadership role Thu Jul 8, 01:25 PM

Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan (toe) has healed well during the offseason, according to general manager Thomas Dimitroff during an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio. Ryan has been very focused on his development, trained hard and become stronger during the offseason.

Our view: Dimitroff commented how Ryan had a hop to his step that he has not seen since joining the Falcons. He continued and talked about Ryan's increase in confidence and leadership during the offseason.

Peria Jerry may be ready for start of training camp Thu Jul 8, 01:25 PM

The Atlanta Falcons have been encouraged with the progress of DL Peria Jerry (knee) in his recovery from a severe knee injury, according to general manager Thomas Dimitroff during a SIRIUS NFL Radio interview.

Our view: According to the interview the team believes that Peria will be at full speed when training camp begins as he has moved well in recent workouts.

KFFL site

Falcons | Michael Turner focused on returning strong in 2010

Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook

Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:26:16 -0400

Atlanta Falcons RB Michael Turner (ankle) has his weight down, looks lean and well conditioned, according to general manager Thomas Dimitroff during an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio. Turner seems to be very focused this offseason because he does not want to be known as a one-year wonder.

Falcons | Matt Ryan improving, taking on leadership role

Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:25:56 -0400

Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan (toe) has healed well during the offseason, according to general manager Thomas Dimitroff during an interview on SIRIUS NFL Radio. Ryan has a hop to his step that he has not had since joining the Falcons. He has been very focused on his development, trained hard and become stronger during the offseason. Dimitroff also noted Ryan's confidence has improved and he is stepping up as a leader.

Falcons | Peria Jerry may be ready for start of training camp

Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:25:31 -0400

The Atlanta Falcons have been encouraged with the progress of DL Peria Jerry (knee) in his recovery from a severe knee injury, according to general manager Thomas Dimitroff during a SIRIUS NFL Radio interview. Peria is moving around in full stride and the team is encouraged he will be at full speed when training camp begins.

Did anyone hear the interview ?

Finally some legit news on Jerry. Yes that is the first time I have seen it been labels as a severe knee injury, but we already knew that as it is why we are all so **** worried.

I have faith in our staff to motivate Jerry thru the rehab and healing process

Its cool with Peria, and Turner. But what I liked was the description of our franchise quarterback.

"Spring in his step, confident, STRONGER, studied hard in the off season." If I am a defensive coordinator, I believe the night sweats are starting about now..............

God, if Matty can reach another stage this year, WATCH THE @#$%@ out people, its officially on.

I still dont see him having a major impact by the start of the season, maybe after 2/3rds of the season where he should be up to speed. Most xCL tears take about 1+ year to rehab properly from, and even then its not a given.

But regardless of PJ being ready or not, man our depth at DT looks impressive and I cant wait to see what Corey Peters has to offer.

****** let our Falcons play, hand them the pads already!!!!

I still dont see him having a major impact by the start of the season, maybe after 2/3rds of the season where he should be up to speed. Most xCL tears take about 1+ year to rehab properly from, and even then its not a given.

But regardless of PJ being ready or not, man our depth at DT looks impressive and I cant wait to see what Corey Peters has to offer.

****** let our Falcons play, hand them the pads already!!!!

I think he'll be back to full football operational strength after the bye. At that point, look out NFL. Our defense could become amazing if everyone is healthy. As for letting him rest until Week 1, that might sound great in theory, but if a guy is ready to go, you don't rest him just for the sake of resting him. He's also still very young and raw, he needs work. I'm confident he'll be an important cog for us this season.

I think he'll be back to full football operational strength after the bye. At that point, look out NFL. Our defense could become amazing if everyone is healthy. As for letting him rest until Week 1, that might sound great in theory, but if a guy is ready to go, you don't rest him just for the sake of resting him. He's also still very young and raw, he needs work. I'm confident he'll be an important cog for us this season.

I agree, he will play. But I dont expect him to play at an "impact" level, if you know what I mean.

Even if Peria is cleared by the start of camp, do we really want to throw him back in at full speed the first week??

I would think it best to gradually add to the load as training camp progresses.

I would hate to throw him back in full speed the first week and risk him tweaking something.

Even if Peria is cleared by the start of camp, do we really want to throw him back in at full speed the first week??

I would hate to throw him back in full speed the first week and risk him tweaking something.

Your right. He should take stair training together with Trey Lewis just to be safe. Alot of stadiums have stairs that needs climbing!

:P

I think hearing that Jerry is 100% is good news. He is major but I think that is why they took Peters. He will make the transition easier for Jerry. Plus JA98 was pretty good at DT also. So we have Babs/Peters/JA98 to take snaps from Jerry. Also, Walker and TJ. That is a lot of DT depth that we don't need to depend on just one player. Yea they struggled to get pressure last year but that was because they were all new DTs except Babs. They are one year seasoned now and know what works/doesn't work

Like i said earlier... I think they will ease him in.... No 2 a days and every other day off.... I'm just glad to have him back.... I think he can give us some good play in the rotation

No 2 a days and every other day off. I think that is a little too much rest if we expect him to be an impact. Maybe work the morning sessions and then the afternoon sessions the next day. I think only practicing 25% of training camp would be a moot point

No 2 a days and every other day off. I think that is a little too much rest if we expect him to be an impact. Maybe work the morning sessions and then the afternoon sessions the next day. I think only practicing 25% of training camp would be a moot point

We are talking about at the start of training camp... easing him into it.... making sure the knee respond the right way...

I'm not saying thru the whole TC.

We are talking about at the start of training camp... easing him into it.... making sure the knee respond the right way...

I'm not saying thru the whole TC.

o ok my bad lol I was about to say that would be pointless to only let him get 25% ready but I feel ya

Turner healthy AND in shape, Ryan's toe injury healed, Peria coming back, and Harry Douglas returning along with the additions on defense including some of those injured players ooo-wee! :rolleyes: If we make it through training camp in one piece, the NFC South is in soooooooo much trouble.

Edited by DBFever2

The host of the sirius nfl show post this

link

Good news, ATL fans: GM Thomas Dimitroff said DT Peria Jerry (knee) should be back during training camp. TD was on Sirius NFL Radio

They have been secretive about his injury (like every team) but im glad they have took it slow with his recovery... Seeing what happen to Thomas Davis... That was the smart move.

We can have a really good D-Line rotation.