Angela Bassett to play Amanda Waller in the new Green Lantern movie?

Statick

What are they going to do? Stick her in a fat suit? I love me some Angela, but c'mon Hollywood!

angela-bassett-green-lantern-amanda-waller-24-3-10-kc.jpg

The chick that played Precious would have been a better choice. She's a large bytch in real life, just like Waller is in the comics.

I'm usually among the first to complain when the actor doesn't fit the build but I will not complain about this. She is good looking for any age but to think that she is coming up on 52...

Im gonna complain because Hollywood is full of ****.... why not Monique there are so many plus size people that could play that part monique.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking! She deserves some mainstream roles. She's never really gotten her due for being such a great actress.

I'm sure she can definitely play the role of Waller.

I'm just acting out like any comic book snob/nerd would. :P

I'll be watching because Angela is fine! If they had put the young, obese chick in that played "Precious" I probably wouldn't go see the movie!!

What are they going to do? Stick her in a fat suit? I love me some Angela, but c'mon Hollywood!

angela-bassett-green-lantern-amanda-waller-24-3-10-kc.jpg

The chick that played Precious would have been a better choice. She's a large bytch in real life, just like Waller is in the comics.

I wonder which Green Lantern will they use in the movie , Hal Jordan ( he is the Original GL ) or John Stewart . I also can't wait to see who's gonna play the role of the guardians of the universe .

I would think that it would be Hal Jordan since Ryan Reynonlds is playing him. John Stewart is black, right.

I would think that it would be Hal Jordan since Ryan Reynonlds is playing him. John Stewart is black, right.

Right you are ! But sure that they'll want to stick with the tradition since Hal Jordan was the first original Green Lantern , they'll tell his story . But if the movie is a hit then if there is Green Lantern 2 ( I know I'm skipping ahead here ) then hopefully the other corps members will be in it .