Is It Possible

By just using an HDMI cable from my ps3? I have a few movies on my computer but i dont like watching them on such a small screen.

I have an LCD Vizio with two HDMI ports in the back (idk if that matters or not)

According one of my friends, It works.

im trying to do that sivik. i found a program(free) called ps3 media server that is suppose to do the trick. ill test it out and give the 411. it even transcodes the videos for you.

Yea , that is what I use. It works seamlessly man with no problems. Only thing I can say is since the ps3's wireless card sucks so bad is to use a Internet Sharing Connection from your laptop. I tried it both ways and the wired connection from laptop to ps3 is a lot faster. Been using this program for a while now and I highly recommend to anyone with a ps3.

im trying to do that sivik. i found a program(free) called ps3 media server that is suppose to do the trick. ill test it out and give the 411. it even transcodes the videos for you.

Vuze is a pretty cool program - www.vuze.com, I love it can transcode to Itunes and to the PS3

Yea , that is what I use. It works seamlessly man with no problems. Only thing I can say is since the ps3's wireless card sucks so bad is to use a Internet Sharing Connection from your laptop. I tried it both ways and the wired connection from laptop to ps3 is a lot faster. Been using this program for a while now and I highly recommend to anyone with a ps3.

I'm going to try that. There is still a lot of merit to having your laptop hooked to your TV though. There's a lot of $tre@m!ng out there in formats that you can not view on PS3 like DIVX. I use my laptop to watch those.

I'm going to try that. There is still a lot of merit to having your laptop hooked to your TV though. There's a lot of $tre@m!ng out there in formats that you can not view on PS3 like DIVX. I use my laptop to watch those.

Umm divx works on the ps3. You got to register your ps3 as a divx device first.

Jay, I was talking about wireless ps3 to Mac. I use tramission for torrents, but I'll check out vuze.

Guest Regular Guy

Run a program on your laptop called TVersity. Google it, it's free. It will act as a media server. Hook both the laptop and your PS3 up to your network (preferably WIRED, not wiireless). Run TVersity, share your folders and files. Turn on the PS3, go under network settings and ENABLE media server. Go under the Movie tab in your PS3 dash, look for the TVersity shared laptop, open it and BAM!!! There you have it.

You can Youtube a tutorial on how to set it up, it's easy. You'll then be able to start streaming content to the PS3. It makes an awesome media hub!

Edited by Regular Guy