Matt Ryan Is A Beast

OK folks. You all know me by now I am avid Falcon fan. One that calls it like he sees it. Good, bad or ugly. Win, lose or draw. I will never change.

I was trying to find something we can talk about during the summer drought. I think I found something.

MATT RYAN IS A BEAST. TRUST ME.

Dude has the highest winning% of any Falcon QB that started at least 30 games. He was the first Falcon QB to break the back to back curse. After 43 tries. Butta.

He is off to a marvelous start. Already checked off the Falcon stats. Now let's see how he ranks amongst the Top 15 Active NFL QBs in what many think are the two most important stats for a QB:

TOP 15 ACTIVE QB's WINNING% AFTER THEIR FIRST TWO YEARS

Tom Brady - 11-3 (.786)

Matt Ryan - 20-10 (.667)

Joe Flacco - 20-12 (.625)

Bret Favre - 8-5 (.615)

Donovan McNabb - 13-9 (.591)

Carson Palmer - 17-12 (.586)

Eli Manning - 12-11 (.522)

Peyton Manning - 16-16 (.500)

Drew Brees - 8-8 (.500)

Jake Delhomme - 1-1 (.500)

Philip Rivers - 0-0 (.000)

Aaron Rogers - 0-1 (.000)

Matt Schaub - 0-2 (.000)

Tony Romo - 0-0 (.000)

Matt Hasselbeck - 0-0 (.000)

TOP 15 ACTIVE QB's PASSER RATING AFTER THEIR FIRST TWO YEARS

Carson Palmer - 90.2

Tom Brady - 86.1

Joe Flacco - 84.9

Matt Ryan - 84.3

Matt Hasselbeck - 83.3

Bret Favre - 82.9

Peyton Manning - 80.6

Drew Brees - 77.8

Eli Manning - 70.5

Jake Delhomme - 69.1

Matt Schaub - 68.8

Donovan McNabb - 67.2

Phillip Rivers - 67.1

Aaron Rogers - 43.9

Tony Romo - 0.0

Any questions?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Ryan Is A Beast

Trust Me

+1

I love the thread. Great info. (I love optimism from you....it really suits a long time fan)

.....but why the 'Trust Me' when you start a thread? It's just curiosity. Is it like a trademark?

Trust Me.. It is.

.....but I'm a trusting guy.

Unless you tell me to trust you. Then I'm skeptical as all get out and reach down and make sure my wallet is still in it's rightful place. I go home and count the checks in my checkbook while I'm making a phone call to the locksmith to have my locks re-keyed. I change my passwords online and check my phoneline for a tap. Before I go to bed and only after checking my phoneline I call and have my credit cards re-coded.

What I'm getting at is, if you want me to trust you, don't tell me to trust you.

Unless you tell me to trust you. Then I'm skeptical as all get out and reach down and make sure my wallet is still in it's rightful place. I go home and count the checks in my checkbook while I'm making a phone call to the locksmith to have my locks re-keyed. I change my passwords online and check my phoneline for a tap. Before I go to bed and only after checking my phoneline I call and have my credit cards re-coded.

What I'm getting at is, if you want me to trust you, don't tell me to trust you.

:lol:

Word. +1

Glad to see you're finally coming around on Ryan. I remember just last preseason you were saying that we should have picked Dorsey over Ryan.

You're right. My picks from that year were Dorsey and Flacco. I still think that would have been a good move but I like the Ryan pick. Not ecstatic about the Baker pick yet but it's still early. As far as being on the Ryan wagon, I've been on it for what two years folks? I know an NFL football player when I see one.

.....but I'm a trusting guy. Unless you tell me to trust you. Then I'm skeptical as all get out and reach down and make sure my wallet is still in it's rightful place. I go home and count the checks in my checkbook while I'm making a phone call to the locksmith to have my locks re-keyed. I change my passwords online and check my phoneline for a tap. Before I go to bed and only after checking my phoneline I call and have my credit cards re-coded.What I'm getting at is, if you want me to trust you, don't tell me to trust you.

There are probably 26 guys you can trust on this board. I'm one of em.

I've heard several times before, If you don't trust me, you're probably not trustworthy.

When have I ever let you down? Never. Never will. Trust me.

trust_me_i_know_internets.jpg

There are probably 26 guys you can trust on this board. I'm one of em.

I've heard several times before, If you don't trust me, you're probably not trustworthy.

When have I ever let you down? Never. Never will. Trust me.

You evidently don't want me to ever get to bed tonight. Reaching down and checking wallet.....

You're right. My picks from that year were Dorsey and Flacco. I still think that would have been a good move but I like the Ryan pick. Not ecstatic about the Baker pick yet but it's still early. As far as being on the Ryan wagon, I've been on it for what two years folks? I know an NFL football player when I see one.

"Thought we should have gone with Dorsey and Flacco. Still think that would have been just as good a move as Ryan and Baker." -FFS1970, August, 23 2009

Two years? It wasn't even 11 months ago that Ryan was completely interchangeable with Flacco, according to you.

Looking forward to your "William Moore is a Beast. Trust Me" thread, which should be appearing on the boards sometime next year.

No offense.........but Ryan doesn't need your endorsement.

His legend started over two years ago. He threw a TD on his first NFL pass. He did the improbable against Chicago. He led this team for the last two years like a man on a mission. This team desperately needed a leader and he stepped into that role like a well tailored suit. His passion showed last season playing hurt for nothing more than pride in the franchise. The main thing now is that he doesn't rest. He wants more. It shows in his off-season work. He doesn't want to be good....he wants to be the best.

We have had more physically talented players at the QB position than Matt Ryan. His arm strength is below average. I honestly believe his footspeed is in the bottom 5% of the leauge with only a few punters and kickers keeping him above bottom. But you can't measure what Matt brings to the table with a stopwatch. It's what makes a player like Matt stand out and a player like Jeff George play for several different teams and retire in their prime. It was supposed to be a tough decision between Peyton Manning and Ryan leaf. What a difference it made for those two franchises? Leaf had the arm. Peyton had the desire.

I honestly believe the difference between Peyton and Matt is years of experience. The reason Ray Lewis is a future HOF'er is because he trained and studied harder than the competition. He actually showed Ed Reed how to break down film. Tony Gonzolez has the same work habits. When a player is willing to sacrifice to be better they usually accomplish their goals. Ryan fits this mold.

I'm 43 years old. I'm not sure how many more starting QB's I'll get in my lifetime. I couldn't pick one in the whole leauge I'd trade for Matt. He has tremendous upside coupled with youth. Give me 10 or 12 more years with this guy. I'll take my chances.

"Thought we should have gone with Dorsey and Flacco. Still think that would have been just as good a move as Ryan and Baker." -FFS1970, August, 23 2009http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3857070-what-if-ryan-had/page__p__4979967__fromsearch__1entry4979967Two years? It wasn't even 11 months ago that Ryan was completely interchangeable with Flacco, according to you. Looking forward to your "William Moore is a Beast. Trust Me" thread, which should be appearing on the boards sometime next year.

Bro I read through that post of mine you dug up and I stick by all of it.

I didn't realize you were stalkin me until I read that one.

You wanna play some post diggin games with me? I don't think so. I think you do.

Alright if you feelin jiggy here's a classic from you for everybody to see.

Cooperbh LMAO

It was a good point you made a while ago about winning percentages. I still disagree with you about Vick and his potential as an effective QB. I saw Vick at the time the Falcons drafting him (no revisionists history, I don't watch ACC, trust me) as exciting but not an effective leader and passer. I saw Ryan at the time of his draft as a studious yet unknown player. I knew the that many teams have suffered the QB carousel year end and year out and the Falcons needed a QB. So why would they take the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best when so many at thte time pointed out the number of 1st round busts?

Ryan has been dubbed as having the work ethic of P Manning and yet he sees himself mechanically like Brady. Good health and good times ahead. B)

"Thought we should have gone with Dorsey and Flacco. Still think that would have been just as good a move as Ryan and Baker." -FFS1970, August, 23 2009

Two years? It wasn't even 11 months ago that Ryan was completely interchangeable with Flacco, according to you.

Looking forward to your "William Moore is a Beast. Trust Me" thread, which should be appearing on the boards sometime next year.

oh snap!

but I'm not one to link winning percentage to a QBs grade...I think too much is put in stock for a QB. it's the same thing in basketball, where a wing player HAS to win a ring to be mentioned with the greats, when it's a well known fact that the big men are the building blocks to championships. them boys in the trenches, a running game, and defense are still probably the most important pieces to the puzzle.