ATLANTA FALCONS

ken12

Teams typically wait until players before and after that slot sign so they can determine the value. The last I checked none of the 1st or 2nd rounders were signed.

Weatherspoon said he just got back to the facility. There are 3 weeks until training camp. The Falcons have signed their other players fairly quickly. I would think they are having preliminary talks soon and have a base structure that may be moved according to the pay slot.

Teams typically wait until players before and after that slot sign so they can determine the value. The last I checked none of the 1st or 2nd rounders were signed.

Weatherspoon said he just got back to the facility. There are 3 weeks until training camp. The Falcons have signed their other players fairly quickly. I would think they are having preliminary talks soon and have a base structure that may be moved according to the pay slot.

I read somewhere that Vladimir Ducasse (61st by the Jets) just signed. We should see some teams signing 2nd rounders off that I would assume. Still I agree this is not the big deal the OP is making it out to be.

Every year it is the same thing.

The first round picks do not want to sign until they know what the

#1 pick signs for.

The #1 pick does not want to sign until some of the other picks sign

or until the team offers him the largest contract ever.

What makes this interesting, is that every year these numbers climb upwards,

and now that the country is entrenched into a deep deep recession, will

Bradford sign the largest contract ever or will the numbers be those of last year?

Its just a matter of which team that has one of the Top 10 picks, is the first to

step up and pet the pony?

Any bets on who will be first,,,,,,,,, could make a game of this. ;)