Concerning movies.. do you ever wish..

Do you ever wish you could go back and see movies like it was the first time, and you were completely unaware and less jaded?

Movies I would like to see that way

1.Psycho. It would be great not to know the plot twists and details. It came out in 1960 so by the time I was even born it was well known so I never had a chance to see it with innocent eyes, so to speak.

Frankenstein. Today we have seen so much we are jaded and unshocked.But it came out in 1931(!) How shocking it must have been to see this man-made monster walk and kill. He's not so scarey now, but I can't imagine the reactions in 1931.

The Wizard of Oz. I admit, even tho I own the DVD, I will STILL watch the entire movie if it comes on TV. I can't imagine how magical this one must have been in 1939.

Rosemary's Baby. Again. I just know too much about it now for any shock. Great movie.

The Exorcist would be a good one to watch that way. But I've noticed that when I let my kids watch something that was amazing to me, that they are unaffected by it at all. Maybe it's because we are watching in in a house instead of the theater, but I really suspect it's because so many of the movies of my childhood look amazingly silly by today's standards. I speak in this thread specifically about the movie Halloween.

1933 King Kong - I was about 12 when I saw it on television (1974 or so) and it blew me away. I cannot imagine watching as it was originally presented on the big screen.

1956 Invasion of the Body Snatchers - At the height of the communist scare in America, somebody did THIS?!

1957 A Face In the Crowd - People who think they know the range of Andy Griffith should watch this and realize he was remarkable in a remarkable film.

1967 Cool Hand Luke - Paul Newman was one of the most under-rated great actors of American cinema and this movie was (and is) a blast because of him.

1933 King Kong - I was about 12 when I saw it on television (1974 or so) and it blew me away. I cannot imagine watching as it was originally presented on the big screen.

1956 Invasion of the Body Snatchers - At the height of the communist scare in America, somebody did THIS?!

1957 A Face In the Crowd - People who think they know the range of Andy Griffith should watch this and realize he was remarkable in a remarkable film.

1967 Cool Hand Luke - Paul Newman was one of the most under-rated great actors of American cinema and this movie was (and is) a blast because of him.

by far my favorite version of this film. Yea and the time of it's release must have really made it even scarier. it was the original " Trust NO one".

I'm a huge horror movie fan and I think about things like this all the time. Specifically being able to go to the theater and watch the classic horror movies the day they were released. Movies like Halloween, The Exorcist, Psycho, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, ect. (I can go on forever). It must have been a great experience. Well, at least they'll be remaking every film ever made, so I'll get to see those versions in theaters the day they're released. :rolleyes:

F*CK YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!

The Wizard of Oz. I admit, even tho I own the DVD, I will STILL watch the entire movie if it comes on TV. I can't imagine how magical this one must have been in 1939.

Rosemary's Baby. Again. I just know too much about it now for any shock. Great movie.

Wiz - the first ?? times I saw it, all we had was a black and white TV. I never knew how colorful Oz was, and never got the joke "horse of a different color" until I was grown and bought my first color set. :blink:

Rosemary - saw it in the theater at about age 13. We actually laughed at it. Didn't scare us at all. Haven't had any desire to watch it since. <_<

Just my $.02...................................:D

I would love to watch some recent movies again for the 'first time'.

Gladiator-I expected cheese so it was a pleasant surprise.

Shawshank Redemption-Like PP said....I own this one but can't pass it up on TNT or TBS.

Scarface- Li'l older but ......wow.

Forrest Gump- Can I change the ending also so that Jenny doesn't die at the end?

Pulp Fiction- I'm not too proud to admit the first time I saw this I just didn't get it. Now that I've watched it 25 times I don't even notice the sequencing of the scenes. This movie was made to watch more than once.

(Enter almost any Quentin movie here)

I'm not much into horror flicks but do you remember when "The thing' came out? Graphic and gruesume.(The one in Antartica and not the "Swamp Thing" with Adrienne Barbeau) Compared to todays standards they could show this on Nick at Nite.

The Goonies...another movie that Hollywood hasn't effed up yet with a remake.

If they ever did that, I'd... and then I'd... I'd be very angry, and I wouldn't go see it. And no jury in the world would convict me. (this is where I laugh malevolently)

I'm a huge horror movie fan and I think about things like this all the time. Specifically being able to go to the theater and watch the classic horror movies the day they were released. Movies like Halloween, The Exorcist, Psycho, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, ect. (I can go on forever). It must have been a great experience. Well, at least they'll be remaking every film ever made, so I'll get to see those versions in theaters the day they're released. :rolleyes:

By the time I watched "The Exorcist", I had psyched myself out so much and seen so many knockoffs of it that it didn't scare me. I felt cheated.

I remember seeing "Halloween" and although it had scares, it was nothing too impressive to me at the movies. "A Nightmare On Elm Street" changed the game. When the blonde chick got gutted after it looked like she was the protagonist, it put me on high alert that anybody could get killed in that movie and made it much better than I was thinking it would be when I bought my ticket.

There were three movies that stayed with me for days (weeks?) after I saw them on the big screen: "Alien", "Apocalypse Now", and "Platoon". Each freaked me out for a different reason.