What classic albums do you own?

Statick

Okay, let me be specific here...

I know some people have particular musical albums that they love and that they consider to be classics, but I'm looking for albums that are popular to the general public and that a large number of people consider to be a classic album. Please provide a picture of the album cover and if the cover doesn't depict it, name of title and band.

For example, some classic albums that I own:

album-The-Clash-London-Calling.jpg

zeppelin_01.jpg

Led Zeppelin I

run-dmc-747-l.jpg

This is getting irritating because I keep getting the message " you are not allowed to use that extension on this board" and I am tired of deleting images, finding out it wasn't the one etc. All are JPGs so I will try this later.

Oh and dopn't even bother trying to post Miles Davis B####es Brew if it has that in the title. I KNOW what the problem with that one was.

What classic albums do you own? Rate Topic:
Too many to name. I have four Peaches Records crates of albums. At least half of em are classics. Bought em at Peaches back in the 70s at the Peachtree Battle location. Classic Rock, Funk, Pop, R&B and Soul. Mostly in good condition. Everything from Pink Floyd to Jackson Five, Stevie Wonder, Rare Earth, Jimi Hendrix, Elton John, Zep, Funkadelic, Marvin Gaye, Mother's Finest, you name it. Edited by FalconFanSince1970

Too many to name. I have four Peaches Records crates of albums. At least half of em are classics. Bought em at Peaches back in the 70s at the Peachtree Battle location. Classic Rock, Funk, Pop, R&B and Soul. Mostly in good condition. Everything from Pink Floyd to Jackson Five, Stevie Wonder, Rare Earth, Jimi Hendrix, Elton John, Zep, Funkadelic, Marvin Gaye, Mother's Finest, you name it.

almost every Jimi Hendrix lp

Well, let's see a few images of the album covers of what you have, if you can find them. Lay it on us, gentlemen. Educate. B)

Some of you have beat me to the other album covers I "was" going to post, but this is a good thread.

Statick, the reason why I posted Soundgarden is because, to be honest, the first time I heard "Black Hole Sun," I was floored!! It kind of had that Pink Floyd "Us and Them" feel to it! Oh, man, I love some Pink Floyd!!!

Some of you have beat me to the other album cover I "was" going to post, but this is a good thread.

Statick, the reason why I posted Soundgarden is because, to be honest, the first time I heard "Black Hole Sun," I was floored!! It kind of had that Pink Floyd "Us and Them" feel to it! Oh, man, I love some Pink Floyd!!!

I can see that about that Soundgarden album.

Another one:

Rapture.jpg

Not to knock your choice or anything, and for the record, I like Talib, but what exactly makes you consider that one a classic album?

Because I think it brought in the cool, lyrical lounge type style for the new millennium , and it had a nice chill vibe to it. It broke through at a time when Cash Money and No Limit was running the industry with their superficial materialistic banter so although it didnt generate great record sales, it came at a right time and brought balance to the culture. Its a quality record that grows on me every time i listen to it. Train of thought had a nice balance of tunes and Kweli broke through with some nice topics and rhymes while Hi-Tek proved that he was one of the nicest producers and he's still underrated. some of my favorites:

Blast - which is kind of like Kweli's announcement of arrival on the scene

Memories live - one of my favorite hip hop songs of all time the solemn instrumental is soothing

Love Language - beautiful melody with Kweli breaking down the peaks and valleys of relationships

It has some bangers too like:

Move Somethin'

Down for the Count

Name of the Game

etc...

There's not a bad record on the album and if im not mistaken its been recognized by several hip hop journalists as one of the best Rap Albums in the last decade. It was in Complex's top 100 albums of last decade as well. Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought is severely underrated.