The Falcons Must Beat The Saints To Win A Lombardi

Our record against the Aints is 1-3 under the current Blank/TD/Smitty regime. That ain't gonna cut it folks. We have played them close but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

No NFC South team has won the division with less than a 4-2 record. We have never turned in better than a 3-3 record under the current regime. Why? Cause we can't beat an Aint.

We need a division championship and a first round bye to get what we want. Easiest path to a Bowl. You gotta get to a Bowl to win a Lombardi folks. Trust me. If an Aint can win a Bowl a Falcon definitely can.

I think we will rip the Aints this year. We are poised to take over the division. It's time to to freakin RISE UP. Everybody. Owner, GM, Coaching Staff, Players, Fans and Message Boarders.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our record against the Aints is 1-3 under the current Blank/TD/Smitty regime. That ain't gonna cut it folks. We have played them close but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

No NFC South team has won the division with less than a 4-2 record. We have never turned in better than a 3-3 record under the current regime. Why? Cause we can't beat an Aint.

We need a division championship and a first round bye to get what we want. Easiest path to a Bowl. You gotta get to a Bowl to win a Lombardi folks. Trust me. If an Aint can win a Bowl a Falcon definitely can.

I think we will rip the Aints this year. We are poised to take over the division. It's time to to freakin RISE UP. Everybody. Owner, GM, Coaching Staff, Players, Fans and Message Boarders.

Yeah, I gotta agree with you. As much as I hate the Saints, they are the one team that is standing in our way. And what do you do when someone is standng in your way when you want something badly? You run them over of course! :lol: NO RUNNING AROUND THEM!!!

But seriously. I think we can take the Saints this year for the Division. You and I know this will not be an easy task but it can and will be done. Man, let's get this season started already. +1

Edited by FalconinPA

The 1-3 ratio against them is very deceiving, we were very close to beating them in both games last year. With our additions and returning players this offseason, we shouldnt worry about beating aints, they should worry about us.

Did you read the OP? "Almost" won't get the W.

You are wrong on the bold part, right on the underlined part.

Falcons have to beat more than just the Saints, teams like the Cowboys, Vikings, Packers, Colts, Patriots, etc will also be chasing that Lombardi. Dammm it's hard to win that 1st one when you think about it. :o

Best post so far.

You right bro. We gotta beat those teams to get the iron but we won't sniff a game against those teams unless we BEAT AN AINT.

By the way I think the the Sucs will be a factor. Against the Falcons and the Aints. Mostly against the Aints.

Falcons have to beat more than just the Saints, teams like the Cowboys, Vikings, Packers, Colts, Patriots, etc will also be chasing that Lombardi. Dammm it's hard to win that 1st one when you think about it. :o

Right now, Taints are the best, right? To be the best, you gotta beat the best. You're in our sights 2x this year. I use this acronym at work, when solving problems, all the time - PTS. It stands for "Place To Start". Taints and Fudge-Packers are the only ones on your list above we need to worry about right now. And F-Packers are coming to our house this year. I think we can handle them. We'll get at least one of the 2 matches between our clubs this year, too.

Cowboys choke out if they stay true to form. Perhaps we won't have to worry about them either.

Viqueens? Really? Is Favre watch still on? I don't even know who their QB is this year, but they seemed to crumple and implode last year. Luckily, for you Taints. :P

Colts/Pats - what can you say about them? They are in the mold of what Atlanta is trying to build here - a winning tradition. Anything could happen. I think the Brady/Belichek relationship is wearing thin, like a 20 yr old shotgun marriage. The magic there seems to be fading, if last year is any indication.

I'm not bold enough to go out on a limb and say, "2010 is the year the Falcons take it all!", yet. Not w/out the first snap of a pre-season game yet. We are headed in the right direction, though.

Beating Taints 2x this year? That would be sweet! And it's a PTS for all the rest of it.

Last year is in the books, so fuggedaboutit. We were one horrible pass behind the line of scrimmage away from kicking their ***es in the Dome last year and that was with a backup QB. In a similar circumstance, that won't happen again, especially if #2 is the QB. We didn't win and we didn't get the SB, they did. So, I agree with the OP that we need to crawl up in their ***es this season and make sure they know their rightful place in the natural order of things.

you should know. took a natural disaster and making a government and league feel sorry for you to get one, while many thousands of other citizens from different states and cities suffered from the same fate with less than half of the publicity.

Last year is in the books, so fuggedaboutit. We were one horrible pass behind the line of scrimmage away from kicking their ***es in the Dome last year and that was with a backup QB. In a similar circumstance, that won't happen again, especially if #2 is the QB. We didn't win and we didn't get the SB, they did. So, I agree with the OP that we need to crawl up in their ***es this season and make sure they know their rightful place in the natural order of things.

:lol:

Amen Mr. One Ounce!!!

Well, you're right in the sense that we need to beat the Saints, because we are probably going to need home field advantage to reach the Super Bowl. (First round bye won't hurt either)

We'll also probably need to beat the Saints because they will be fighting for one of the six playoff spots that we covet. It also wouldn't hurt the confidence of this team to beat the reigning champs either.

....but if we were to lose to the Saints early in the season on our trip to the Super Dome all would not be lost. Afterall, it's the third game of the season. We will still have lots to play for with everything still on the line. It's a divisional game which is always important but I promise you the loser of these games will still be very much in the mix in the NFC.

I think the team itself realizes that even symbolically the Saints are between us and playoff success. Whenever you break down the team it always ends with the question of how they compare to the Saints. I don't think its solely because of the fact that we're in the same division, rather that they have owned us over the past few seasons and both teams had extraordinary one season turnarounds and are overall quite comparable. It reminds some of Indianapolis' struggle and eventual triumph over the New England Patriots from last decade. Peyton Manning needed to beat Tom Brady. The Colts defense needed to outplay the Patriots' defense. Tony Dungy needed to outcoach Bill Belichick. Matt Ryan needs to beat Drew Brees. The defense needs to be as good as the Saints defense. Mike Smith has to be better than Sean Payton.

Its not necessary for us to beat the Saints at all this season to make the playoffs. Its not necessary for us to beat the Saints in the playoffs to make the Super Bowl. But like New England was a symbolically and physical barrier between the Colts and the Super Bowl, so it is with the Saints and Falcons. They're the nemesis; the super villain. I don't think this team will be Super Bowl ready until they beat the Saints in significant fashion. And if it happens, it will make it all the sweeter.

It is an old rivalry; an often overlooked rivalry, but it's still an old rivalry. I can't remember a year where the Falcons didn't want to beat the Saints and vice versa. Even when we were in the toilet (or they were), beating the Saints is always at the top of the list.

Here's to this year and not playing them with the middle of our offense gone.

Brooking gets burned by Miller over the middle.

Boley shows some soft tackling on the Duece screen.

Nicholas shows why he shouldn't be getting the disrespect some people show him on here by giving Chevis that pick that took all the way home for us when he gets to Brees on the blitz.

Coleman showing that coverage ability we needed from him last year.

Houston having one of his tease moments where he actually looks like the player he was meant to be, then he has his WTF moment giving up that bomb to Colston.

Douglas showing his moves in the open field on that punt return. We missed him last year.

Ryan displays his laser rocket arm on that TD pass to Roddy.

Jenkins making a play, something we needed from him last year.

Elam boots one right between the uprights... WTF happened to him from 08 to 09. They must have started using left footed footballs or something, or he put his shoes on the wrong foot last year.

Norwood showing his skills. Absolute speed demon. Now, if only he could stay on the field.

What is Brooking doing on the field in a Hail Mary situation? Seriously though, going out like that was lame sauce.

Funny you guys keep hanging on having a close loss due to injuries(like the Saints had no injuries) but you forget that with your team at full strength, your boy Ryan threw three interceptions and lost the game.

It is threads like these that make this a saint friendly board.

Every division game is important and usually very tough regardless of how they looks on paper. The mere fact that we have stood our ground with the saints with such a lousy defense the last 2 years says it all.

You don't look past any division opponent and just because one has had a little better success recently doesn't mean anything. The saints, bucs, and panthers all stand in our way and as of right now we are all 0-0 in this division.

It is threads like these that make this a saint friendly board.

Every division game is important and usually very tough regardless of how they looks on paper. The mere fact that we have stood our ground with the saints with such a lousy defense the last 2 years says it all.

Before last year, the Saints secondary was by far the worst in the league and routinely gave up huge chunks of yet the Falcons have won once in the last 4 meetings.

Before last year, the Saints secondary was by far the worst in the league and routinely gave up huge chunks of yet the Falcons have won once in the last 4 meetings.

And? Maybe you should re-read the portion you quoted in your reply.

Winning a sb hasn't made their fans any smarter.

And? Maybe you should re-read the portion you quoted in your reply.

Winning a sb hasn't made their fans any smarter.

My post was pretty easy to understand and follow. Saying the Falcons had a bad defense but kept it close against the Saints is irrelevant when the Saints also had a horrible defense and was the reason for games being closer than they should've been.

Edited by jmood88