New Geetar Pedal - Score

MXR Classic Overdrive

So Guitarcenter was blowing these out over the weekend for $30, and they list for $133. It's apparently the same thing as their M-66 GT-OD, which is a Tubescreamer clone. True bypass. I've been wanting a TS-type pedal to pair with my Cool Cat Drive. This was too good to pass up. Shipped today, can't wait to get it. I needed another pedal like I need a hole in my head. Oh well.

NICE!

I have way too many dirt pedals as-is or I'd order one.

I should have ordered another one for dad to finally replace his old TS-5 "potato" tubescreamer. Though if I had the FullDrive 2 like you, I wouldn't have ordered anything.

I've finally convinced myself to go home and list my les paul, seymour duncan tube overdrive and mxr phaser on craigslist tonight. Might have to list paul in atlanta too, don't know if anyone in columbus is going to pay what I'm asking.

I should have ordered another one for dad to finally replace his old TS-5 "potato" tubescreamer. Though if I had the FullDrive 2 like you, I wouldn't have ordered anything.

I've finally convinced myself to go home and list my les paul, seymour duncan tube overdrive and mxr phaser on craigslist tonight. Might have to list paul in atlanta too, don't know if anyone in columbus is going to pay what I'm asking.

Columbus SC? Is it pink? I might know a buyer. :P

The part of Falcon Bob is being played by oencilpusher.

CURSE YOU!

Don't post drunk. :P

Back OT.... have any of you geetar players ever owned a talk box? I hear they are hard to master. I played in a band once w/a guy that had one, but I never got to mess around w/it (drummer anyway). He said it took him a good while to get the hang of it. But I like that sound. Joe Walsh, Sambora, Frampton, Bobby Messano.... all good talk box players.

Back OT.... have any of you geetar players ever owned a talk box? I hear they are hard to master. I played in a band once w/a guy that had one, but I never got to mess around w/it (drummer anyway). He said it took him a good while to get the hang of it. But I like that sound. Joe Walsh, Sambora, Frampton, Bobby Messano.... all good talk box players.

I've never touched one only because I really have no need. I like them when they're done well, but it just ain't my bag, baby (cue someone to post a picture of Austin Powers with the title "Talk Boxes: They're My Bag, Baby!").

They're cool, though a little gimmicky. I've heard they are very hard to master though. I remember reading an interview with Tool's Adam Jones and when he recorded with one, he got lessons from some famous player because he wanted it to sound good before they made the record. The nice ones need their own separate amp, though Rocktron and Danelectro make ones that run through your regular amp.

:P More like sleep deprived.

Never owned a talkbox, I always liked it but it's a small dose type thing. that's why I never owned a wahwah. If you pay for it you want to put it in every song.

Update: pedal came yesterday and sounds awesome. Great low gain overdrive. However, now I want a dedicated clean boost because I like to keep both the MXR and the Dano set with the gain maxed out since neither are high gain, but they don't sound good running into one another with the output set moderately and the gain maxed. I should have just ordered two of the MXR and set one as a clean boost and one dirty.