Dear Arthur

falken

Dear Arthur,

When you bought this team I didn't know you from Adam's house cat. Sure, I've been to Home Depot, but I still had no idea who you were. When I heard you had paid over 500 million for the Falcons I was pretty sure you were just another eccentric billionaire with a flair for life and needed to find a tax write off suitable for an outlandish lifestyle. Well, I'm not too proud to admit, I was wrong.

I'm 43 years old and I never remember not being a Falcons' fan. My older brother tried to sway me at an early age but somehow it just seemed wrong to not pull for the Falcons. Afterall, I was born and raised in Georgia. I was laying on the livingroom floor in the same exact spot for Big Ben I and II. When the Falcons lost to the Cowboys in the playoffs I was a 14 year old kid and I cried like someone cancelled Christmas. I've stuck to these Falcons through the lean years like hair on soap. My blood runs Falcons' red.

Shortly after you bought this team you stood in front of a small Georgia Dome crowd and vowed to others and myself that you would not rest until you brought a championship to the city of Atlanta. I'm sure you would be the first to admit that it hasn't always been an easy road thus far. We have encountered our share of disappointment and anguish. Even though we have yet to reach that pinnacle it pleasures me that you have not quit in your quest. The expectations are high for this team and for good reason. The transformation this franchise has made in just over two years is beyond remarkable. I have never been more excited about an upcoming Falcons' season.

What these Falcons have become goes well beyond football. You emphasize family and giving back to the community. The work that our players do off the field is a direct reflection of the values that you instill and demand. You evidently have a knack for making people believe that they can make a difference. You make people want to make a difference. Your passion for life and the beauty of sharing that with others is your greatest achievement among many.....even when we do eventually hoist that Lombardi trophy high in the air.

The signature you have left on this team makes me proud to say, "I'm a Falcons' fan".

Thanks,

Ken Radcliff

Dear Arthur,

When you bought this team I didn't know you from Adam's house cat. Sure, I've been to Home Depot, but I still had no idea who you were. When I heard you had paid over 500 million for the Falcons I was pretty sure you were just another eccentric billionaire with a flair for life and needed to find a tax write off suitable for an outlandish lifestyle. Well, I'm not too proud to admit, I was wrong.

I'm 43 years old and I never remember not being a Falcons' fan. My older brother tried to sway me at an early age but somehow it just seemed wrong to not pull for the Falcons. Afterall, I was born and raised in Georgia. I was laying on the livingroom floor in the same exact spot for Big Ben I and II. When the Falcons lost to the Cowboys in the playoffs I was a 14 year old kid and I cried like someone cancelled Christmas. I've stuck to these Falcons through the lean years like hair on soap. My blood runs Falcons' red.

Shorthly after you bought this team you stood in front of a small Georgia Dome crowd and vowed to me and others that you would not rest until you brought a championship to the city of Atlanta. I'm sure you would be the first to admit that it hasn't always been an easy road thus far. We have encountered our share of disappointment and anguish. Even though we have yet to reach that pinnacle it pleasures me that you have not quit in your quest. The expectations are high for this team and for good reason. The transformation this franchise has made in just over two years is beyond remarkable. I have never been more excited about an upcoming Falcons' season.

What these Falcons have become goes well beyond football. You emphasize family and giving back to the community. The work that our players do off the field is a direct reflection of the values that you instill and demand. You evidently have a knack for making people believe that they can make a difference. You make people want to make a difference. Your passion for life and the beauty of sharing that with others is your greatest achievement among many.....even when we do eventually hoist that Lombardi trophy high in the air.

The signature you have left on this team makes me proud to say, "I'm a Falcons' fan".

Thanks,

Ken Radcliff

100% agree

I was at the Super Bowl when we performed a Big Ben against them in their own stadium and won. !! :lol:

Guest Gritz

Beautifully written Ken.....

I think it nicely sums up how many of us feel about Mr. Blank and his goals for this franchise.

Man, when I saw the thread title, I thought, "Oh boy, here we go again..." There have been a few "Dear Arthur" posts on this board over the years that were not nearly so flattering, and as a matter of fact - accurate.

Great job at capturing the majority of our sentiments here, Ken. There was a lot of misguided anger towards Arthur around 2007, and at various other times over the years. I think the guy has showed his mettle, though, and deserves every bit of the gratitude you're offering up here.

Easy c/s.

Edited by kibitzer

Wow. Beautiful. Masterfully written Falken Ken! I am 42, and I am feeling the way you do. I honestly thought That the Falcons were going to be a whirlpool of suck forever. I just figured I was a glutton for punishment and my team was always going to be the laughing stock. But now I feel that when we walk on the field, there is a little pimp in our stride, there is a quiet confidence in the players that is seeping into the stands. We have a chance to win EVERY GAME. God, to even think that after all the years of tumult and tragedy and shenanigans, we are actually a football team that others are PREPARING for and know that a **** war is coming there way.

Dude, your letter made me want to cry. As ridiculous as that sounds from a 42 year old man. But for the Love of God, I never thought that we would even DARE to raise our heads up and feel pride in our team. Not just support out of guilt.

Go FALCONS!!!! Matty Ice, lead us to the Superbowl. We swear, we will be the sonic equivalent of a Tsunami at every game. WE ARE THE TWELFTH MAN AND WE ARE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Arthur,

Shorthly after you bought this team you stood in front of a small Georgia Dome crowd and vowed to others and myself that you would not rest until you brought a championship to the city of Atlanta. I'm sure you would be the first to admit that it hasn't always been an easy road thus far. We have encountered our share of disappointment and anguish. Even though we have yet to reach that pinnacle it pleasures me that you have not quit in your quest. The expectations are high for this team and for good reason. The transformation this franchise has made in just over two years is beyond remarkable. I have never been more excited about an upcoming Falcons' season.

Thanks,

Ken Radcliff

Man you really should put pen to paper and mail this to Blank or take out an ad in the AJC and put it there. Maybe we could take up a collection for the ad ?

Well said friend. After we lost that game against the Cowboys I was devastated for over a week (I was 12 years old). I will never root for another NFL team (unless they can help us with a playoff berth) and will continue to bleed red, black, and white the rest of my life.