Bring him home McKay! I mean Dimitroff. Or somebody!

TonaBWE

AP Source: Eagles may cut Vick

By ROB MAADDI (AP) – 59 minutes ago

PHILADELPHIA — A person familiar with the team's thinking says the Philadelphia Eagles are strongly considering releasing Michael Vick.

The person says the team might cut Vick no matter what police conclude during their investigation of a shooting that followed the quarterback's birthday celebration in Virginia Beach last week. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

Vick has said he had nothing to do with the shooting. He also said he reported the incident to the Eagles and to the NFL. Commissioner Roger Goodell told the former Atlanta Falcons star after reinstating him last season that his margin for error was "extremely limited."

Vick is entering his second season with the Eagles and is due to earn $5.2 million. A three-time Pro Bowl pick, Vick is Kevin Kolb's backup and the most experienced quarterback on the roster following the trade of Donovan McNabb.

The Eagles were heavily criticized by animal rights activists and fans for signing Vick last summer less than a month after he finished serving 18 months in federal prison for his role in a dogfighting operation.

Team owner Jeffrey Lurie called Vick's actions "horrific" and "despicable." He said he did serious "soul-searching" before agreeing to sign him.

Vick was a model citizen off the field and in the locker room during his first season with the Eagles. He was popular among his teammates, who voted him winner of the Ed Block Courage Award.

But this latest incident could end up costing Vick his job, even if he's exonerated of any wrongdoing.

Vick was expected to play a major role in Philadelphia's offense running the wildcat formation. Instead, he was used sparingly. Vick completed 6 of 13 passes for 86 yards and one touchdown and ran for 95 yards and two scores. He tossed a 76-yard TD pass in a 34-14 loss to Dallas in the playoffs.

SMH at the fact that someone felt the need to post this is TATF, instead of:

A. Ignoring it altogether (and quietly celebrating that he's no longer here....)

B. Posting it in "Around the NFL", since Vick is no longer a Falcon

We will NEVER end Atlanta's association with Vick as long as our own fans continue to start threads related to his every movement/debacle. sad.gif

A. Ignoring it altogether (and quietly celebrating that he's no longer here....)

We will NEVER end Atlanta's association with Vick as long as our own fans continue to start threads related to his every movement/debacle. sad.gif

Atlanta's association with Vick will never end. He is the biggest embarrassment in Atlanta's sports history.

Get over Vick people. Alright? Alright. I don't feel that he did the shooting, and if it was Vick that got shot people would be like "he deserved it," this guy was in the dog fighting ring too, he doesn't deserve it? I still don't feel that Vick was involved, get over Vick and let's move on.

yet if show up at the dome half no wait 3/4 of the dome will be full of vick lovers that want to sweet love to him and they will call themselves falcons fans.

You mean 3/4 of those left in the Dome. I assume you are talking about the Eagles game last year when most of the Falcon fans left the building leaving Vick fans to cheer?

sorry muscle relaxer said that. when vick came back to the dome last year over half the dome cheered for him including "falcon fans".

When the game started there were boo's for Michael Vick. Towards the end of the game there were cheers because many of the attendance had left, leaving a few Falcon fans and all of the Vick fans.

AMEN!....My lord can we just get another Matt Ryan article posted up..So the people can enjoy the reading lol

Guest Gritz

My vote is still for Jeff George or Eugene Robinson...

It doesn't really matter.

They all shamed the Falcons and none of them will ever be Falcons again.

I wince a bit when any of them are currently mentioned on this board.

We have so many positive things going on with this organization. Why bring up ugly episodes from the past?

My vote is still for Jeff George or Eugene Robinson...

ehh I dont know everyone is shamed by George.... the dude was just a doosh bag. That's all he never id ANYTHING like Eugene or Vick.

He is not the first nor the last guy to have a fight with a coach on sidelines.

ehh I dont know everyone is shamed by George.... the dude was just a doosh bag. That's all he never id ANYTHING like Eugene or Vick.

He is not the first nor the last guy to have a fight with a coach on sidelines.

He looked funny doing it...

When all of those guys (and that includes Vick) were here I was a big fan of all. People mess up and go wherever. The sport is more business than anything and really I am NOT shamed by their actions. I do NOT know them and they don't care anything about me. How could they? They don't know that I exist. I'm good with that.

Atlanta's association with Vick will never end. He is the biggest embarrassment in Atlanta's sports history.

I'll go with the whole 2000 season. Talk about embarrasing! :wacko:

4-12

Scored 252 points (15.8/g), 27th of 31 in the NFL.

Allowed 413 points (25.8/g), 26th.

Differential of -161 points (-10.1/g), 27th.