AJC: Can Matt Ryan Take the Next Step?

VT89

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-fans/2010/07/02/will-matt-ryan-take-the-next-step/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_falcons_fans

I don't necessarily agree with all of it but it was a well written article and quite frankly it is refreshing to hear a mostly negative article on Ryan. So much *** kissing this offseason and while I'm very optimistic for the team and Ryan's future I'm almost getting bored with the articles about his work ethic during the offseason.

Its undeniable that he went through a very rough stretch of the season about a third to midway through. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. But the way he came back from the turf toe injury, and with injuries to the best offensive player (Turner) and all the defensive shortcomings, still managed to win the last three games of what could easily have become a throwaway season reassures me. 16th in the NFL in overall rankings, according to this article, for a sophomore player, considering injuries and missed time, is no mean feat.

ppl cant say he took a step back last year. there were many things that went wrong for us last year. Ryan had a toe injury. Oline had its problems. Turner not being in the line up for a couple of games. injuries to other key pieces on both offense and defense. ppl cant put all the blame on Ryan for what happened last year. and with all of those things that happened, we STILL had a winning year. i have no doubt Ryan will bounce back and continue to grow as an NFL qb

Someone should tell Dawson Devitt that each title of his "articles" doesn't have to be in the form of a question, and it is bad journalism to do such a thing anyways. Is the guy just going to sit there and ask question after question, and just copy and paste a bunch of stats or is he going to form an opinion of his own and take a stand???

Amateur hour.

Edited by Dale4Saul2Red0

Guest Gritz

"Ryan had the most throwaways of any QB in the NFL with 30..."

That dam waggle play.:wacko:

If you and I both took a shot of Jack Daniels every time we cussed your television after one of those plays we'd both have permanent rooms at The Betty Ford Center.

If you and I both took a shot of Jack Daniels every time we cussed your television after one of those plays we'd both have permanent rooms at The Betty Ford Center.

LMAO :lol:

Umm what have you done with Godzilla :unsure:

I expect to see him alive and well back on our boards by training camp. B)

Edited by Xfactor

Someone should tell Dawson Devitt that each title of his "articles" doesn't have to be in the form of a question, and it is bad journalism to do such a thing anyways. Is the guy just going to sit there and ask question after question, and just copy and paste a bunch of stats or is he going to form an opinion of his own and take a stand???

Amateur hour.

This^^^^^

Guest Gritz

LMAO :lol:

Umm what have you done with Godzilla :unsure:

I expect to see him alive and well back on our boards by training camp. -_-

He's in training.....Lots and lots of fiber.

Injuries will take away from anyone's individual performance and multiple injuries to an entire offense will make matters even worse. Outside of Ryan, you had Turner, HD, Baker, Norwood all with injuries forcing a 2nd year QB to take on the load himself. I can't think of any veteran QB not having the same issue so with hopefully everyone coming back at full strength I expect Ryan to be good to go. The last three games of the season showed me all I need to know in that this guy gets it and is hellbent on being one of the better QBs in the league.

Edited by DBFever2

Guest Gritz

Injuries will take away from anyone's individual performance and multiple injuries to an entire offense will make matters even worse. Outside of Ryan, you had Turner, HD, Baker, Norwood all with injuries forcing a 2nd year QB to take on the load himself. I can't think of any veteran QB not having the same issue so with hopefully everyone coming back at full strength I expect Ryan to be good to go. The last three games of the season showed me all I need to know in that this guy gets it and is hellbent on being one of the better QBs in the league.

Good post, and good to see you back on here DB.....Hope you and yours have a good rest of the summer.

We're all dying for some football. don't let the thinkings of a journalist influence the truth of whats been happening. We already know Matty has been in the film room since the March. This will be the year that the league stands up and takes notice of what we have at QB.