Round 4

DE Pierre Allen 6-5 265 Nebraska

Round 5

RB Donald Buckram 5-10 195 UTEP

Round 6

CB Johnny Patrick 6-0 190 Louisville

Round 7

OG Bryant Browning 6-4 315 Ohio St.

Why take a 2nd round OLB? I mean, I know Weatherspoon seems to profile more as a pure coverage/nickel lbr, but we did just take him in the 1st, and Nicholas is a solid starter.

I feel like the other positions would be a reach. Like WR and DE. Plus after this season I think our only real

backup at LB will be Adkins. Peterson, Wire, and James might not even be on the team. Sheppard is versitile and

can play all the LB positions.

Round 1

OT DeMarcus Love 6-5 315 Arkansas

Round 2

OLB Kelvin Sheppard 6-2 239 LSU

Round 3

WR Chris Owusu 6-2 202 Stanford

Round 4

DE Pierre Allen 6-5 265 Nebraska

Round 5

RB Donald Buckram 5-10 195 UTEP

Round 6

CB Johnny Patrick 6-0 190 Louisville

Round 7

OG Bryant Browning 6-4 315 Ohio St.

Mock 5.0 already - and its only July! :lol: . I will say that this is your best one to date. I love the positions you have addressed (IMO DE, OT, WR and LB are our four biggest needs going into next year). I 100% agree with getting another LB early next year (1st four picks) and preferably one that could back up all 3 spots - this is most likely Peterson's last season,and I'm not mistaken is it not Nicholas's last year of his contract?

As for the players, I haven't seen much of DeMarcus Love yet (note to self), but I like the idea of going OT in the first. I like Kelvin Sheppard, Chris Owusu and Pierre Allen a lot though, and the rest of the picks are solid.

Edited by Smiler11

Mock 5.0 already - and its only July! :lol: . I will say that this is your best one to date. I love the positions you have addressed (IMO DE, OT, WR and LB are our four biggest needs going into next year). I 100% agree with getting another LB early next year (1st four picks) and preferably one that could back up all 3 spots - this is most likely Peterson's last season,and I'm not mistaken is it not Nicholas's last year of his contract?

As for the players, I haven't seen much of DeMarcus Love yet (note to self), but I like the idea of going OT in the first. I like Kelvin Sheppard, Chris Owusu and Pierre Allen a lot though, and the rest of the picks are solid.

Thank you. Yeah this is the last year on contract for Peterson, Nicholas, and Wire. I think all our LB'ers will

be young and fast. Except maybe Lofton.

I feel like the other positions would be a reach. Like WR and DE. Plus after this season I think our only real

backup at LB will be Adkins. Peterson, Wire, and James might not even be on the team. Sheppard is versitile and

can play all the LB positions.

I just don't like the thought of spending a 2nd on a guy who's intended to either be a backup, or push another very solid guy to backup. A C could be available that profiles as a very good starter...

Could you explain how you think WR would be a reach? Are you saying that there isn't likely to be good late 2nd round talent at either that position or TE? Cause I'm not sure I agree with that.

OT/DE(until Biermann AND Sid prove otherwise, cause remember, Abe must be replaced very soon)/SS(IF Moore doesn't do anything, this starts to become a serious need for the future)/TE/WR/DT(IF Jerry is messed up).

All of those positions seem like bigger areas of need than adding depth to the lb corps. I'll grant you we do indeed need more depth, but the second round doesn't seem like a great place to get it. That said, I do like the actual players you picked, for their talent.

I just don't like the thought of spending a 2nd on a guy who's intended to either be a backup, or push another very solid guy to backup. A C could be available that profiles as a very good starter...

Could you explain how you think WR would be a reach? Are you saying that there isn't likely to be good late 2nd round talent at either that position or TE? Cause I'm not sure I agree with that.

OT/DE(until Biermann AND Sid prove otherwise, cause remember, Abe must be replaced very soon)/SS(IF Moore doesn't do anything, this starts to become a serious need for the future)/TE/WR/DT(IF Jerry is messed up).

All of those positions seem like bigger areas of need than adding depth to the lb corps. I'll grant you we do indeed need more depth, but the second round doesn't seem like a great place to get it. That said, I do like the actual players you picked, for their talent.

First of all I think Little is the best WR that will go 2nd rd. And he will be off the board when we pick. After

him I don't see another WR worth taking in the 2nd except MAYBE Posey. And I do mean MAYBE. A good WR should be

a complete WR. He should be able to run good routes, catch, block, YAC, beat man press, etc. I just don't see that in the other WR's after Little. That's why I would wait til the 3rd round for a WR. Owusu is also an excellent KR.

They replayed the Stanford vs Washington State game last night and Owusu was outstanding up until he got leveled by a safety and was out for the rest of the game.

He is definitely a game changer.

For Love, I'm not sure about TD taking a right tackle who only will have played one year at that position in college. Also, being coached by Petrino, he's probably a quitter.

They replayed the Stanford vs Washington State game last night and Owusu was outstanding up until he got leveled by a safety and was out for the rest of the game.

He is definitely a game changer.

For Love, I'm not sure about TD taking a right tackle who only will have played one year at that position in college. Also, being coached by Petrino, he's probably a quitter.

Love played RT, RG, LG all of last year(09) and will play this year(10). So that's 2yrs. at least 24-25 games. Plus having played RG makes it even better for him.

(versatility)

Edited by hawkeye

Love played RT, RG, LG all of last year(09)

My bad. I should check multiple sources before blabbing my mouth. The Arkansas participation reports for the '09 games have him at OT all year, as you have correctly said.

Also saw that he was one of the captains for every game last year except one, which is a great sign for him as well. I will definitely be keeping an eye on him this fall.

Thanks for straightening me out.