Anybody watching NFL Network?

paulitik

So here I am reading Ain'ts crying about not getting any respect from the Media :lol:. I'm watching the NFL network newsbreak discussing the Lions signing Dre Bly, then they show the highlight of Bly's pick in SF and Roddy running behind him, right as Bly starts high-stepping, they end the clip. No Roddy chasing him down, no swatting the ball out.

Leave it to NFL network to make someone look good in a game that we crushed them in.

Sorry, had to vent.

So here I am reading Ain'ts crying about not getting any respect from the Media :lol:. I'm watching the NFL network newsbreak discussing the Lions signing Dre Bly, then they show the highlight of Bly's pick in SF and Roddy running behind him, right as Bly starts high-stepping, they end the clip. No Roddy chasing him down, no swatting the ball out.

Leave it to NFL network to make someone look good in a game that we crushed them in.

Sorry, had to vent.

Come on now. Let's try to put things in perspective. It's the Lions that they're trying to pump up. You know, the same team that was said to have named Houston their no.1 corner just after trading for him. :lol:

They just want to get those fans a little excited. :P

Come on now. Let's try to put things in perspective. It's the Lions that they're trying to pump up. You know, the same team that was said to have named Houston their no.1 corner just after trading for him. :lol:

They just want to get those fans a little excited. :P

I'm not dissing the pick, but Dre Bly was a really good corner at one time. I'm sure there was more than enough footage to choose from besides that bonehead play. The NFL network loves to show the Falcons getting burned, fair enough when we deserved it, but not cool when the game and play were dominant performances by our team.

the conspiracy theory about the NFLN being obsessed with showing the Falcons getting burnt is stupid.

I feel the same way. It's 32 teams in the NFL why would they focus on just the Falcons to dog out? Really?! That's a waste of time. Obviously they love NE, DAL, NO, IND more than others but they don't have a vendetta for certain teams

Do you guys realize that Michael Turner is on the front page splash on NFL.com today??

While some in the media would like to see the Falcons tank, it is not a system wide bias. The Falcons are gaining the respect of the league, just by the winning attitude and CONSISTENT hard and good play. We have gotten the back to back "curse" off our backs and almost everyone can see that the Falcons are building a good team to last. Give it some time, but please drop the "everyone hates us" theme and remember for years(unfortunately) the Falcons were that bad most of the time(Thankfully this has changed).

As far as the Dre clip, when in last year did he really do a great job?? He had maybe one or two good plays that they could show from last year, and they chose to use the clip to highlight what he could do for the Lions without depressing the Lion fans totally. Please take it as trying to console the Lions rather than beating up the Falcons, because certainly all the true Falcon Fans remember the score in that game and how it went!! Only the Lions fans might not know and therefore have some hope for the season.

the conspiracy theory about the NFLN being obsessed with showing the Falcons getting burnt is stupid.

Nobody really believes that there is a "conspiracy", we're Falcons fans, we notice it. It's still uncanny how often it happens. Especially on the old NFL films from the 70s and 80s. Most of it because we just sucked. We're fans, we all have a tendency for hyperbole. Don't take everything you read on a MB so seriously.