training camp and pre-season will be here soon. Who will be the surprise player to make the team?

jes2400

I still say it could be Brandyn Harvey. He's got good size(6-4, 205lbs), decent speed(4.5), and from what I hear, good hands. TD got some good quality players in the draft and the UDFA's. There's no telling who might step up and take a roster spot. This should be an exciting training camp and pre-season. I can't wait.

Just curious, but who counts as a "surprise player to make the team" from last season? Starting off the season, I didn't think there were many surprise players. John Parker Wilson was the closest I can think of. Maybe Vance Walker, but he was drafted, so it's not too much of a surprise he made it.

Did we have any other undrafted rookies that made the final roster week 1 of the regular season? I know we pulled people up after injuries, but those don't count. Who actually made the original 53 man roster besides JPW that weren't drafted?

I think 2008 had a lot of surprise players. That just goes to show how weak our roster was back then. I'm thinking our roster is getting really competitive now, and it seems like most of these undrafted players are having a much tougher time making the squad.

Oh yeah, forgot about Jose Valdez. So we had two last season. I am guessing Colin Peek has an outside shot to make the roster.

Just curious, but who counts as a "surprise player to make the team" from last season? Starting off the season, I didn't think there were many surprise players. John Parker Wilson was the closest I can think of. Maybe Vance Walker, but he was drafted, so it's not too much of a surprise he made it.

Did we have any other undrafted rookies that made the final roster week 1 of the regular season? I know we pulled people up after injuries, but those don't count. Who actually made the original 53 man roster besides JPW that weren't drafted?

I think 2008 had a lot of surprise players. That just goes to show how weak our roster was back then. I'm thinking our roster is getting really competitive now, and it seems like most of these undrafted players are having a much tougher time making the squad.

Oh yeah, forgot about Jose Valdez. So we had two last season. I am guessing Colin Peek has an outside shot to make the roster.

I don't think we had any real surprises last season. I guess it wouldn't be that big of a surprise if any of these players made it. They're a talented group of young players.

I think Harvey and one of the TE's will make the 53 man roster. PS I will say the other TE, Woods, and Bush.

I hope Bear Woods makes it just because I like the name. We could have fun with that one, if some posters haven't already!

The biggest surprise will be the lack of changes made to the active roster.

We are returning every starter on offense and defense from last season except Houston.

Depthwise we will probably see a few new faces on our 53 man roster, but mostly

i think the coaching staff and front office want to see continuity on the team.

Most changes and new faces will be PS material this year.

If i had to pick a surprise player, i'll geuss Franks. We lost two CBs (Houston and Hill) and only gained one (Robinson).

Edited by HouseofEuphoria

Agreed. I don't know how much of a surprise it would be, but I think Peek is gonna make the squad.

I think Spencer Adkins was a bit of a surprise last year.

I agree Harvey and Peek have a chance, but what about Dan Klecko?

Nobody here seems to think he will make the team from what I've read in the past, but I think Klecko has a chance. TD and MS love players who can play multiple positions and he can play DL and FB. The guy is 275 lbs and very strong. I think Smith and Nance have a lot of potential so we might end up keeping one of them on the 53 instead of Klecko, but it's hard to say.

It really is amazing how many really good players we have to choose from this year.

I think that its wholly conceivable for a couple rookie UDFA make it. I am leaning towards Wolfe and Peek. I think Peek will get the nod as his skill set is very TG. And one more year of Tony will go along way in developing this kid. Wolfe is intriguing to me in that he caught everything thrown his way. Not the fastest, but is shifty and runs good route. He could make it. Practice Squad for sure.

I think though we aren't done yet with some wheeling and dealing. I can still see us adding a DL, maybe even a DE. I guess we will have to see. I cannot wait for training camp. I have been away from the US for a while now, and I cam finally coming home to see football and even play fantasy football (man I missed that!)

The biggest surprise will be the lack of changes made to the active roster.

We are returning every starter on offense and defense from last season except Houston.

Depthwise we will probably see a few new faces on our 53 man roster, but mostly

i think the coaching staff and front office want to see continuity on the team.

Most changes and new faces will be PS material this year.

If i had to pick a surprise player, i'll geuss Franks. We lost two CBs (Houston and Hill) and only gained one (Robinson).

Franks won't be a surprise. Most expect him to make the team and maybe even take over the punt return duties so HD can concentrate on playing WR. That was a big reason he was drafted, for his return skills.

A few of us have Woods in our looking glass. If he does have the Beirmann mentality then I would say he is a good bet to make the LB rotation. Harvey and Peek will make it no doubt. My concern since there is still no contract signing is for Meier. There has been no discussion and he is the last high rounder not signed. Could there be injury issues?

I still say it could be Brandyn Harvey. He's got good size(6-4, 205lbs), decent speed(4.5), and from what I hear, good hands. TD got some good quality players in the draft and the UDFA's. There's no telling who might step up and take a roster spot. This should be an exciting training camp and pre-season. I can't wait.

Agreed, I think Harvey will make the team and one of our Vets will be cut.

Oh yea, Aaron Kelly. We sure had high hopes for him before TC didnt we?

I don't remember the players raving about Kelly though, we've heard nothing but good things about Harvey from everyone who has seen him play. I hope he can continue to do the same with pads on.

Agreed, I think Harvey will make the team and one of our Vets will be cut.

I hate to say it, but if that happens, it might be Finneran. I'd hate that, because he's a good guy. I've always liked him, but he's up there in age and coming off 2 leg injuries, although he still played well. I think Weem's youth and special teams value gives him the edge. Although, I'm just remembering Finneran has some FG blocks to his credit. It'll be a tough call. The competition at WR should be exciting.