DUI probation ends next week

Those that dont know, I got pulled over last year on January 16, 2009 on I-75 in Ga. for speeding (85 in a 70 mph zone). I had a couple of beers in the car, one of which was open. I blew a .112. So I got arrested for DUI. I Spent 6 hours in a holding cell before they let me make a phone call to my family that I was going to visit, and bailed out.

Went to court in Dooly county 6 months later, with no lawyer - i represented myself - and the judge let me go with just a fine and probation. Living in Florida all I have had to do was make a phone call every wednesday to my probation officer, and pay $40. No problem.

No jail time, or anything. Just call every wednesday and send money.

When I see all these celebrity/sports figures get DUI sentences in the news and I see the jail time and punishment they received - with all their money and all their high-priced attorneys representing them - it kind of makes me laugh how I got off so lucky.

The justice system is weird.

Edited by The Falcon Jedi

In addition, I was told that violations that occur in Ga. do not get reported to Florida. So my Florida driving license was unaffected, and no incident was reported to my Florida insurance.

I basically got off with a slap on the wrist.

YOU THINK SO? DO SOMETHING ELSE AND WATCH WHAT POPS UP THERE.

JEDI, WHAT PROMPTED YOU TO FESS UP? SOMEBODY MUST HAVE THE GOODS

ON YOU, AND YOU'RE MAKING A PREEMPTIVE CONFESSION. IF ONE OF

OUR PLAYERS HELD A NEWS CONFERENCE AND DISCLOSED THIS INFO ABOUT

HIMSELF, I DARE TO THINK WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE THREADED ABOUT HIM.

I'M GLAD YOU'RE FINISHED WITH IT. :D

YOU THINK SO? DO SOMETHING ELSE AND WATCH WHAT POPS UP THERE.

JEDI, WHAT PROMPTED YOU TO FESS UP? SOMEBODY MUST HAVE THE GOODS

ON YOU, AND YOU'RE MAKING A PREEMPTIVE CONFESSION. IF ONE OF

OUR PLAYERS HELD A NEWS CONFERENCE AND DISCLOSED THIS INFO ABOUT

HIMSELF, I DARE TO THINK WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE THREADED ABOUT HIM.

I'M GLAD YOU'RE FINISHED WITH IT. :D

Just find it weird how I got off with basically no punishment other than paying a small fine.

Wow. You got screwed. You might want to reconsider using that "lawyer" in the future.

You sound proud that you were able to drink and drive, get caught, and still basically get away with it. This is why judges should max out any offender. Because you got off so easy, you are more likely to do it again (and probably already have). Let's just hope that when karma catches up with you, you are the only person that is killed. Although, it might be more punishment for you to actually kill a few kids while you're drinking and driving and then you have to live with that fact for the rest of your life, I would never wish that on the kids or the families whose lives you would ruin.

You sound proud that you were able to drink and drive, get caught, and still basically get away with it. This is why judges should max out any offender. Because you got off so easy, you are more likely to do it again (and probably already have). Let's just hope that when karma catches up with you, you are the only person that is killed. Although, it might be more punishment for you to actually kill a few kids while you're drinking and driving and then you have to live with that fact for the rest of your life, I would never wish that on the kids or the families whose lives you would ruin.

Dude, I had like 3 beers. I was on the highway after a 5 hour trip from florida, driving straight in my lane, not swerving or weaving between cars, and there was no traffic around me anyway. All that happened to me was I got caught in a speed trap, then one thing led to another. No-one was in any danger from me. Not that Im trying to justify my actions that day - i clearly broke the law by a couple percentage points and a couple mph on an empty highway - but I am always in control of my vehicle when i drive unless some of these numb-nuts who go get plastered at a bar and drive home at 2 am.