Falcons 32 in 32!

It seems people continue to forget that despite all the injuries, despite the horrible pass defense, despite the riduclus scheduling of 3 teams coming off a bye, despite the missed field goals that literally cost multiple games...we still had a winning year!

When some analyst talk about us it sounds like we were a 4-12 team again. For all those obstacles we played well as a team to salvage a wining record.

Now, with that said, we improved the D, injured players are coming back, schedule is easier, the kicking situation seems to have worked itself out, the players are hungry, the front office is hungrier, the fans are pumped.... We are primed for a huge year

I actually like a lot of what they said. Worst third down and red zone defense is definitely a problem, but they acknowledge our acquisition of Robinson and actually praise it. They also seem high on Spoon. Good to hear that they expect to see us challenge for the division as well.

Edited by RWhiteAF84

It seems people continue to forget that despite all the injuries, despite the horrible pass defense, despite the riduclus scheduling of 3 teams coming off a bye, despite the missed field goals that literally cost multiple games...we still had a winning year!

When some analyst talk about us it sounds like we were a 4-12 team again. For all those obstacles we played well as a team to salvage a wining record.

Now, with that said, we improved the D, injured players are coming back, schedule is easier, the kicking situation seems to have worked itself out, the players are hungry, the front office is hungrier, the fans are pumped.... We are primed for a huge year

there's nothing wrong about flying under the radar. being an underdog year in year out is one of the things i love so much being a falcons fan...

4 teams coming off bye...

there's nothing wrong about flying under the radar. being an underdog year in year out is one of the things i love so much being a falcons fan...

Makes kicking azz that much sweeter. It's nice to get praise, but let us be the underdog...the praise will come with the wins.

I thought their criticisms of the team were pretty accurate. While we, as fans, tend to explain our team's deficiencies other than just saying "we weren't very good," commentators usually just look at the bottom line and don't worry about the reasons why. That's probably why they get surprised from year to year.

The difference between 9-7 and 11-5 isn't all that much, guys. If we win the coin toss in OT against the Giants, there's a probable 10-6 season. If Ryan doesn't throw the goal line INT late in the first Saints game, we probably score there, and win that game. Just like that, 11-5.

In other words, I don't think we were worse in 09 than 08... I just think we got 2 less breaks. Now that we're better, we can catch some bad breaks and still end up 11-5.

My thoughts exactly.

He's so natural on the mic and in front of the camera. Hope he's the same way on the field.

Go Spoon!

Come on you Falcons!!!!

Nice Graham Parsons avi. Wilco the band is great too.

Yeah, that was one of my favorite things about the Spoon pick, not only the great sideline to sideline range, the athleticism, and coverage ability. He's going to add a lot of much needed swagger and character to our D, kind of like a more humble Ray Lewis, with out all the murder.

Yet we still went 9-7. Hopefully it will be addressed.

We did even with a terrible 3rd down and pass defense.

I cant see those numbers not improving.

D. Robinson will be one of the biggest factors, but DeCoud, Grimes, Biermann and Sidbury getting better will play a part. The deciding factor is how much the injury bug wants to grub on us this year.