Breaking Down the NFC South

Zodiac

We'll start out first with most peoples Dark Horse this year, The Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons have taken the neccesary steps to fix what was wrong last year, with the signing of Lockdown CB Dunta Robinson they have taken a step forward in improving the Pass D. however D. Rob Who had knee surgery 2 years ago hasnt had his Lockdown seasons since said surgery, thier are a lot of questions surronding if he will return to form this year. The Falcons also put together a secure draft, with the only real eye popping pick being Sean Weatherspoon, but GM Thomas Dimitroff also drafted depth as well just to make sure the Falcons didn't run into the same depth issues that they did last year when the injury bug hit them. RB Michael Turner has said he is nearly fully recovered from his injury last year, and if Matt Ryan lives up to the Hype surronding him the Falcons could be posed for a long run in the playoffs.

The New Orleans are the Defending Super Bowl Champs and they have every right to brag about it. With a High Powered offence led by Drew Brees and having Lance Moore returning along with Marques Colston should make for a dynamic duo at Wideout. The Saints also have a very suprising running game with Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush. The Saints are also returning a pretty Decent D minus Scott Fujita. The Saints draft was also confusing as they used thier 1st rounder on a DB instead of an OLB to replace Fujita. Age is also to be a cause for concern for the defending champions. Darren Sharper will be turning 35 this year, and Drew Brees isn't to far behind him as He will be 32 in January. Many people have been quiet about Brees' shoulder as they should be. the All-Pro QB had Shoulder Surgery 5 years ago when he tore his labrum in his throwing arm. It will also be interesting to see how Reggie Bush does this season following all the controversy around him and USC. Drew Brees may have also inherited the Madden Curse, not to mention thier could be a huge hangover for the Saints. The Saints will get into the play-offs but with most of thier prime players getting up thier in age it will be interesting to see what happens down the stretch. Also the Saints had every thing that could go right, go right for them last season, and you know what they say about messin wid da voodoo mon.

The Carolina Panthers are an Interesting team, with Jake Delhomme gone and Steve Smith breaking the same arm in 2 years it will be most likely be a long season for the Panthers. However the one bright spot they do have is their running game with Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. However That most likely will not be enough to get them to the play-offs. The Panthers draft was rather.... intersting as they chose 3 Quarterbacks one of which being Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd round (much to Mel Kiper Jr.'s dismay.) Clausen's arrogance could either work for him greatly or be the cause of his downfall it will be intersting to see how things play out this season for the Panthers.

Fianlly we have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs are on the rebuilding path and thier doing a **** good job so far. Josh Freeman has shown flashes promise, and the bucs put together a marveolous draft this year. however the Bucs will still not return to form just yet, while you'll see a lot of promise out of this years team you'll be even more suprised in the next 2 years.

Edited by Zodiac

We will be vastly improved due to the simple fact that we will have several players returning from injury. The Panther's running back is DeAngelo Williams not Maurice Jones-Drew. They will be improved because of the lack of turnovers at the quarterback position. The Saints are the Saints, but we could have won both games last season. I'd venture to say that we get atleast one this season. The Bucs are a little improved but will still be on the bottom looking up.

are the Saints, but we could have won both games last season. I'd venture to say that we get atleast one this season. The Bucs are a little improved but will still be on the bottom looking up.

Just make sure your calendar says "payback day" on nov 7th... Cause as much as you think the falcons are gonna give it to those silly little aints, Cough cough 17-10 bucs won cough cough, my bucs are gonna give it to the falcons twice fold! 45-10 home stomping in the lovely G.dome after your bye week. :)

Just make sure your calendar says "payback day" on nov 7th... Cause as much as you think the falcons are gonna give it to those silly little aints, Cough cough 17-10 bucs won cough cough, my bucs are gonna give it to the falcons twice fold! 45-10 home stomping in the lovely G.dome after your bye week. :)

The Bucs couldn't hang 45 on a high school team

The Bucs couldn't hang 45 on a high school team

And now there gonna hang up 55pts on you, keep jawing. :)

you know 45 was being nice about it, if you wana get down to the bone of the issue the bucs are gonna make the falcons go away for week. You'll simply shut down for the week as you recover from whats going down november 7th... If you dont believe me ask BCeaglesfan, she'll tell you the same thing.

What the crap are you even talking about? "Cough cough 17-10 bucs won cough cough"? Are you talking about beating the Saints last year? The game that the final score was 20-17? After the Saints packed it in for the rest of the regular season? Also, the expression is two-fold, not twice fold.

Cough cough 17-10 bucs won cough cough, my bucs are gonna give it to the falcons twice fold! 45-10 home stomping in the lovely G.dome after your bye week. :)

Please....

last year you go into NO and beat them 20-17 handing them only their second loss of the season. Then upon your triumphant return back to Raymond James you get stomped by the Falcons, allowing a backup RB rush for 150yds, and a QB playing injured to pass for 225.

NO only beat the Falcons by a combined 11 points and there were at least three blatant calls that were blown, and two instances in which Jenkins killed a scoring drive. Redman a BACKUP QB carved the Aint's defense up for 303 yds.

CAR is rebuilding and aside from one great and one up and coming RB, they've lost play-makers on both sides of the ball.

If there are any NO, Car, and Tampa fans that are out there thinking that they are leagues ahead of ATL, and ATL is scrub team, you all are sadly mistaken. The Falcons will be on top of this division for years to come, and if you wish to be in the top two, you'll have to get through us first. Every year since Mike Smith and TD have taken over this team we have added strength and stability and finally a team with no direction is on the fast track to being a top team in the league. Get use to it, THESE AREN'T THE SAME DIRTY BIRDS FROM YEARS PAST!

Buccaneers 6-10

NO 7-9

Car - 8-8

Edited by JKH5785

You sad sack bucs havent hung 45 points on a team in YEARS. 45-10, sounds familiar. OH, that was the score when we stomped the Niners last year. ;)

65-10 now, gonna set a new franchise record. :)

still, your not getting the facts playing the bucs nov 7th 2010 isn't playing the 49ers the year before. you'll be getting a clearer picture of the issue come nov 7th.

still, your not getting the facts playing the bucs nov 7th 2010 isn't playing the 49ers the year before. you'll be getting a clearer picture of the issue come nov 7th.

Nice to see you've got your bravado back, Bucman. For a while there, you were crawling on your belly with a sad case of "we are so messed up, I am so embarrassed blues." Not sure how the moves you made in the offseason have instilled you with so much confidence, but as the perennial #1 troll on the TATF board, glad to have the old Bucman back.

You jackhole Falcons suckups.......that have never won anything of significance...blow your gay uncircumcised trumphets at will....................and boast no trophy.........

There you go with the hole's again. You are all about the brown star.

You jackhole Falcons suckups.......that have never won anything of significance...blow your gay uncircumcised trumphets at will....................and boast no trophy.........

I bet you guys really miss Chucky ....enjoy your one trophy, Raheem aint bringing you any, but before it's over with, we will have several ....enjoy the cellar again Sucko .....

Think you need a dictionary to understand the word POWERHOUSE. The Saints are FAR from a POWERHOUSE. They had literally everything in the world that could possibly go there way go their way last year and they barely made it then. Your beloved Saints are far from a powerhouse.

Barely made it? hahahaaa, they were one of the highest scoring teams in history, and had by far the largest margin of victory over opponents last season.

The Aint's had a season where they got every chance bounce go their way. They won't be so fortunate this year.

Prime example was the NFCCG, the Vikings were the better team that night, but the Aint's got that chance play at the end off a HOF'ers goof.

SAINT*ANGER, when your team fails to repeat, and most likely fails to make a playoff run...I hope your so gracious as to come back on here and continue to drop your Aint's are a "powerhouse" knowledge on us some more.

Guest Gritz

I can't even get mad at the Sucs fans when they're being represented by the "Let me stay in denial, I like it here" bucman and the 'Oh my God, am I really gay?" yardturd.

I also enjoyed experimenting with hallucinogens in my younger days. Dont do it too much though, it will have long term effects.

Edited by blackredfellow

The Aint's had a season where they got every chance bounce go their way. They won't be so fortunate this year.

Prime example was the NFCCG, the Vikings were the better team that night, but the Aint's got that chance play at the end off a HOF'ers goof.

SAINT*ANGER, when your team fails to repeat, and most likely fails to make a playoff run...I hope your so gracious as to come back on here and continue to drop your Aint's are a "powerhouse" knowledge on us some more.

I've been telling anyone who would listen Saints were going to rise above since the beginning of the '06 season...ask any rival who's seen my posts through the years. Vikings are the ones that got lucky cuz Saints and Drew Brees were jittery, and got 'Saints lite' instead of all out full octane. That's what it amounts to.

Saints just needed "at the least" a middle of the pack defense that won't allow opposing teams to score with the perennial #1 offense. Guess what? they got 1. Last time before this past season they had a half *** D, they were playing NFCCG a mere 3 seasons ago....POWERHOUSE.

Sadly Most of the fumbles were caused by AP's poor ball security. You guys didn't improve you D and that was probably Sharper's last good season, he probably doesn't have the legs to keep up with the younger players at his age. You guys also can't call yourselves powerhouses just yet. Did you have a spectacular season last year? yes you did. However you Defense was majorly flawed and got exploited several times, including by a rookie quarter back and Ronnie Brown for around 45 points. You also added nothing to your D what so ever. You guys lost Scott Fujita than didn't even draft someone to replace him. Not to mention all the offseason Vicodin stuff, Reggie being dragged into the USC thing, and a potential huge superbowl hangover. the team celebrated for around 2-3 weeks and when you party in NO you party big. for those weeks most of the players weren't probably watching what they were eating. and Eating wrong for even a month can F up your whole season.

The saints have a long way to go before being powerhouses, yes they're certaintly a good team. However lets not forget Brees shoulder hes getting older and no one knows how long a surgically repaired shoulder will last expecially with his quick "snap" releases that he does. Not to mention you guys just can't draft at all. Although I do give you credit when your signing free agents you all are good at that.

If the Bucs are within 3 touchdowns in that game I'll be shocked.

The Bucs talent wise don't measure up, and even lower on the coaching pole, Morris is an awful coach.

Fool! You had your shot.........blew it.....Next up........maybe 13-3 with that puxxy schedule.........maybe 12-4 and sucking wind..

Whatever the record...........Hoist the metal or continue your 40 million year era of lameness.......