Jeremiah Masoli exploring transfer options, leaning south.

SacFalcFan

Hmmm.. UF, Auburn, MSU and GT could all be good fits for him. Would make our life more difficult if it would happen. GT may be the best option for him. Sit out a year, and come in after Nesbitt.

I think he wants to improve his draft stock so GT's offense is probably not the move for a QB. **** I said the same thing for WR and BeBe happened so...

Interesting that he's exploring options, but honestly why would any prominent program take a guy like that at QB who did this nonsense AFTER the debacle that was LaGarrette Blount's tenure in college sports?

I thought Masoli had a better head on his shoulders, but apparently he's just another clown. I would be disappointed to see him playing in the SEC or ACC.

Interesting that he's exploring options, but honestly why would any prominent program take a guy like that at QB who did this nonsense AFTER the debacle that was LaGarrette Blount's tenure in college sports?

I thought Masoli had a better head on his shoulders, but apparently he's just another clown. I would be disappointed to see him playing in the SEC or ACC.

LaGarrette Blount punched a guy who was talking **** in the heat of the moment after a loss. I hardly think that's worth thinking that his entire tenure in college sports was riddled with boneheadedness.

LaGarrette Blount punched a guy who was talking **** in the heat of the moment after a loss. I hardly think that's worth thinking that his entire tenure in college sports was riddled with boneheadedness.

No, that's not all Blount was up to in college sports. Get schooled, son. :P

He was not very open to splitting carries with Jeremiah Johnson in his junior season (after he had been abusing juco kids the 2 seasons prior), despite Johnson being the starter. He openly ridiculed and clashed with Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti. He skipped numerous workouts, broke team rules, and received an indefinite suspension PRIOR to anything that happened at Boise State last year. Chip Kelly, as new head coach in 2009, took it upon himself to reinstate Blount after he improved his attendance, academics, and attitude going into his senior year.

I gave him a pass for punching the kid at Boise State because the kid looked like he genuinely deserved it. Everything that followed was absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable, though. He tried to fight teammates, fans, and coaches... and no one could get him under control.

He has to be the only player I can really think of right now that was suspended indefinitely TWICE in two years.

No, that's not all Blount was up to in college sports. Get schooled, son. :P

He was not very open to splitting carries with Jeremiah Johnson in his junior season (after he had been abusing juco kids the 2 seasons prior), despite Johnson being the starter. He openly ridiculed and clashed with Oregon head coach Mike Bellotti. He skipped numerous workouts, broke team rules, and received an indefinite suspension PRIOR to anything that happened at Boise State last year. Chip Kelly, as new head coach in 2009, took it upon himself to reinstate Blount after he improved his attendance, academics, and attitude going into his senior year.

I gave him a pass for punching the kid at Boise State because the kid looked like he genuinely deserved it. Everything that followed was absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable, though. He tried to fight teammates, fans, and coaches... and no one could get him under control.

He has to be the only player I can really think of right now that was suspended indefinitely TWICE in two years.

Well then considered me schooled son because I didn't know about the prior indefinite suspension.

I haven't heard about all the things you mentioned in the first paragraph, but I don't have any reason to think you're lying. I'm sure a quick Google search would prove you right, but I'm all about being lazy right now.

But I absolutely agree to what you said in the 2nd paragraph. The punch, while not the reaction you want to see a player have, is understandable. He's 19, he just had one of the worst games of his career, his team lost after they all talked trash about how they were going to stomp Boise, and then a doosher jumps in his face and says something, I can understand clocking him. What transpired afterward was one of the most shameful and disgusting displays of human behavior I've ever witnessed in a sports venue on live television. He deserved the full year suspension just due to that reaction alone.

But the punch and reaction after it is all I really knew about his troubles, so I'll plead ignorance.

Yep because 1 guy with a questionable past means a whole program full of them. :rolleyes:

You know I like charlie strong man, but it's more than 1 guy. Charlie did indeed contact Zach Mettengerger after he was released from scholarship. Zach decided he wanted to go to Butler and get his head on straight before going elsewhere. Charlie also took bj butler. BJ Butler developed a bigtime attitude issue, was kicked off his team, and was a major problem and UGA decided to part ways because of that. If Charlie is indeed looking at Masoli that would be a number of guys with questionable character/attitude that he is going after (adding in Dorsey as well). I feel there are times at schools like louisville or msu where head coaches do things because they have to take more chances than they do at a florida or a bama.