2010 MBGT game has been decided. Now, to choose a place....

Week 2, the home opener vs Arizona, September 19th.

In the years past, James Stammer has stepped up and procured the locations of our world famous get togethers. He has indicated he may not make it this year. That does not prevent us from continuing on. Anyone wishing to step up and make arrangements?

James? Any advice?

Last year, we stayed at Fairfield Inns and it was a great place. No outdoor pool or grilling, but the room they had was perfect. We ordered pizzas and watched football. SOme of you went to Six Flags, the malls, the zoo, my backyard....and a very select few went on the MBGT Beer Tour®.

I open this to discussion. Does anyone have suggestions for other locations? Is anyone interested in stepping up to handle this? Who wants to do another MBGT Beer Tour®?

Any random photos from last year? Previous years?

DSCF0233.jpg

Ahhhhhh.....The good ol days.

Discuss.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer tour sounds like fun again. The last hotel was pretty good. It's probably the closest to MARTA. Who knows all the hotels in the area? We need someone to check several and get us a good rate. Also, Who is the best person to cantact the Falcons about the group tickets?

When I came down for the Bears game last year, I used Priceline.com and ended up getting a room at the Dunwoody Hilton Suites for $38 a night. The room was insanely awesome. 2 flat screens, small bar/fridge area. Separate bedroom and living room. HUGE bathroom. It was right around the corner from the Fairfield.

Hilton Suites Perimeter

When I came down for the Bears game last year, I used Priceline.com and ended up getting a room at the Dunwoody Hilton Suites for $38 a night. The room was insanely awesome. 2 flat screens, small bar/fridge area. Separate bedroom and living room. HUGE bathroom. It was right around the corner from the Fairfield.

Hilton Suites Perimeter

Yeah, however that was a last minute Priceline deal. We would all have to do a last minute price line deal and I am not sure we could pull that off. I checked and the regular rates are much higher and they don't seem to offer the free breakfast Fairfield did. To many, that is a huge deal.

I should have chickened out as I am in the process of buying a house and funds are tight, but what the heck. I hope that someone steps up and organises this, as I've just booked my flights! Flying to Atlanta on Thursday 16th, and flying back on the 20th.

I intend to stay at the same hotel as everyone else this year. Could I suggest/request that we make sure we get a hotel within safe and easy walking distance of a MARTA train station, as I'll be relying on the trains to get around.

I should have chickened out as I am in the process of buying a house and funds are tight, but what the heck. I hope that someone steps up and organises this, as I've just booked my flights! Flying to Atlanta on Thursday 16th, and flying back on the 20th.

I intend to stay at the same hotel as everyone else this year. Could I suggest/request that we make sure we get a hotel within safe and easy walking distance of a MARTA train station, as I'll be relying on the trains to get around.

Hal said he would. I suggested the same place as last year as we were treated well. I know it was fairly close to MARTA, but not sure how close as I used the station near my house. I am sure others here can give you a ride if needed.

Hal said he would. I suggested the same place as last year as we were treated well. I know it was fairly close to MARTA, but not sure how close as I used the station near my house. I am sure others here can give you a ride if needed.

Sounds good to me. There was a MARTA station close to last year's hotel, as I remember passing it.

I think that we also need to squeeze a trip to the Brickstore, Decatur in to the weekend's festivities.

Sounds good to me. There was a MARTA station close to last year's hotel, as I remember passing it.

I think that we also need to squeeze a trip to the Brickstore, Decatur in to the weekend's festivities.

There's another place we need to go to called The Fred. It's a top secret location that only a few chosen, elite and knowledgeable can get in to.......:lol: Really, it's a neat place. Regardless, I am still in for the Brickstore. I missed out on the 13th anniversary party a couple of weeks ago. I was also thinking of doing the Sweetwater Brewery tour this year. More details later.

Let's do the same place. Nice surroundings, not too far from Marta. UK, I'll stay sober to give you a ride if you need one. I'm always up for a Beer Tour!

Duffman, you are supposed to be local by now.

Let's do the same place. Nice surroundings, not too far from Marta. UK, I'll stay sober to give you a ride if you need one. I'm always up for a Beer Tour!

What are you brewing today? I'm brewing my Belgian dark strong with Eric(10 gal) and Dave is brewing 5 of an imperial IPA.

Hey gang. Sorry that I have been MIA for a while. Between work (lack of and trying to find some) and my father (suffering from getting old) I've been rather lax in helping out.

I can and will be happy to help out. We can get tickets thru the Falcons ticket office. I need to let them know it's the Arizona game and I will post prices this weekend.

As for the hotel, I will call them again and see what they will do for us. They liked having us last year and being able to use that room made hanging out pretty easy.

Thanks man. Last year's hotel sounds likea good idea and is close enough to a the MARTA that I shouldnlt have any transport issues (hopefully).

Roll on the Beer Tour.

Probably won't be a raffle anymore either. Oh well, It was a good few years with the Flowery branch tours and the field passes and golfing. Now we can't even cook out anymore, which was the funnest part of the weekend. It gave the women something to do :) I mean ordering take out?? give me a break. The whole thing has went into the crapper in my opinion :(

OK, here are the group ticket prices. We just need to order 25 or more to get the group pricing. They do not need to all be in the same price category either.

LL Sideline (rows 1-30) $140

LL Redzone $99

LL Corner $79

LL Endzone (rows 14+) $69

ML Corner $79

ML Endzone $69

UL Prime (rows 1-13) $79

UL Prime (14+) $55

UL Sideline (rows 1-13) $55

UL Sideline (rows 14+) $49

UL Corner (rows 1-13) $49

UL Endzone $39

LL = lover level

ML = mezanine level

UL = upper level

I will speak with the hotel people on Tuesday, the GM is off for the holiday weekend.

OK, here are the group ticket prices. We just need to order 25 or more to get the group pricing. They do not need to all be in the same price category either.

LL Sideline (rows 1-30) $140

LL Redzone $99

LL Corner $79

LL Endzone (rows 14+) $69

ML Corner $79

ML Endzone $69

UL Prime (rows 1-13) $79

UL Prime (14+) $55

UL Sideline (rows 1-13) $55

UL Sideline (rows 14+) $49

UL Corner (rows 1-13) $49

UL Endzone $39

LL = lover level

ML = mezanine level

UL = upper level

I will speak with the hotel people on Tuesday, the GM is off for the holiday weekend.

I want 2 UL Corner (rows 1-13) $49 less chance of me taking a tumble lol.