If Michael Vick has a timeline problem, so does Roddy White

We noted yesterday that Eagles quarterback Michael Vick could have a timeline problem, as the owner of the restaurant that hosted Vick's birthday party says he has security-camera footage that contradicts Vick's claim about when he left the party.

But as D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal Constitution points out, if Vick has a timeline problem, Falcons receiver Roddy White does too.

White backed up Vick's version of events, saying the two were long gone before a fight broke out that ended up with Vick's former friend and dog fighting co-defendant Quanis Phillips was shot.

As Ledbetter notes, it's likely that White will be hearing from NFL Security as the league continues looking into the matter. And it would be wise for White not to say anything that could be contradicted by security tapes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/30/if-michael-vick-has-a-timeline-problem-so-does-roddy-white/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only who thinks this will not turn out good?

I was hoping it was a no story. But the smoke is starting to spread. I just hope Roddy had no significant part in this latest Vick drama. As long as he tells the truth, I think he will be fine. After this, if he stills supports Vick, I would just talk to him by phone.

Edited by FalconinPA

Am I the only who thinks this will not turn out good?

Honestly I don't think anything is gonna happen. Unless they can prove he was involved with the shooting...him being gone before violence erupted is gonna lead to nothing. Understanding YKW's history and the monumental screw up he had a few years ago, people are kind of anxious to see if he's involved in something again. However, from what we've heard the police have no interest, they (I'm guessing Roddy was with him when they left) were shaking hands of partygoers...and then they left. The league will investigate but if they don't find anything more...this will go away.

This is really moronic .... it could be a very simple matter of Roddy leaving, Vick saying he was getting up out of there as well. Roddy left and Vick doubled back through and didn't really leave when he told Roddy he was leaving.

I wish Roddy would just stay the **** away from that idiot, but I really don't believe he in any way had anything to do with the stupid **** that happened at that party.

Honestly I don't think anything is gonna happen. Unless they can prove he was involved with the shooting...him being gone before violence erupted is gonna lead to nothing. Understanding YKW's history and the monumental screw up he had a few years ago, people are kind of anxious to see if he's involved in something again. However, from what we've heard the police have no interest, they (I'm guessing Roddy was with him when they left) were shaking hands of partygoers...and then they left. The league will investigate but if they don't find anything more...this will go away.

Pacman was never present when violence erupted also look how that turned out?

The one thing that gets me about this whole affair is that some people are saying it might have been a "CHANCE" encounter between Vick & Phillips - the party was advertised on the internet and at the club as a free admission open invitation to "Michael Vick's All White 30th Birthday Bash." and they are calling it a chance encounter? C'Mon Now! :rolleyes:

LINK

I didn't pay that much attention to the Pac-man thing, but wasn't that because he supposedly "caused" the violence by throwing the $ in the air? Just asking...

They've got to connect Roddy (or YKW) to the shooting in some kind of way. Not that things can't change but the police have said they have no interest in him. Even the reports of the surveilance tape are supposedly of YKW shaking hands on the way out and leaving before the shooting took place. I think reporters are anxious to see if anything happens b/c of a certain guys history...but it sounds like nothing to be honest.

This is really moronic .... it could be a very simple matter of Roddy leaving, Vick saying he was getting up out of there as well. Roddy left and Vick doubled back through and didn't really leave when he told Roddy he was leaving.

I wish Roddy would just stay the **** away from that idiot, but I really don't believe he in any way had anything to do with the stupid **** that happened at that party.

Problem is Roddy is saying he left WITH Vick.

There lies the point.

Already the timeline has been proven a lie.

If Vick wasnt already a person of interest he will be now.

He argued with the guy inside the club, they took it outside arguing and the guy was shot 3 minutes(?) after Vick and Roddy left. So, who else was part of this "entourage" with them? Did they all leave at once?

The fact that Roddy was with him at all that night makes me nervous.

We dont need this dragging on through the whole season with a deep investigation

that questions our #1 WR. We need Roddy 100% focused into football.

The one thing that gets me about this whole affair is that some people are saying it might have been a "CHANCE" encounter between Vick & Phillips - the party was advertised on the internet and at the club as a free admission open invitation to "Michael Vick's All White 30th Birthday Bash." and they are calling it a chance encounter? C'Mon Now! :rolleyes:

LINK

Definitely wasn't chance. The question is was he invited/did YKW know he was coming? Phillips is supposed to stay away from MV7 just like the reverse is true...so why is he going to a Bday party for the man?

So, if you read Dled's column, he writes:

...He’s [white] probably not in any trouble under the personal conduct policy, but maybe he just should have sent Vick a birthday card instead of going to work the youth football camp and attending the birthday bash...

Which wasn't reported in PFW, because it's much less of a story that way.

Even if the video shows that White and Vick left only a few minutes before the shooting, the most important thing is they weren't there.

The "timeline" is off by 20 minutes or so. Vick said 1/2 hour , it was less than five minutes. That may be a big deal for Vick, not for White.

So, if you read Dled's column, he writes:

...He’s [white] probably not in any trouble under the personal conduct policy, but maybe he just should have sent Vick a birthday card instead of going to work the youth football camp and attending the birthday bash...

Which wasn't reported in PFW, because it's much less of a story that way.

Even if the video shows that White and Vick left only a few minutes before the shooting, the most important thing is they weren't there.

The "timeline" is off by 20 minutes or so. Vick said 1/2 hour , it was less than five minutes. That may be a big deal for Vick, not for White.

Basically. In other words...this doesn't need to be in TATF.

Definitely wasn't chance. The question is was he invited/did YKW know he was coming? Phillips is supposed to stay away from MV7 just like the reverse is true...so why is he going to a Bday party for the man?

i don't think it matters if he was invited, it's what vick did when he showed up/they had an altercation. unless he called the authorities he did the wrong thing. we don't know yet what happened though. maybe he came to the party and vick told him to leave. maybe he came to the party and they were hanging out in the VIP together catching up on old times before the altercation. the truth will come out but it's not looking good if vick and roddy's stories aren't true.

i don't think it matters if he was invited, it's what vick did when he showed up/they had an altercation. unless he called the authorities he did the wrong thing. we don't know yet what happened though. maybe he came to the party and vick told him to leave. maybe he came to the party and they were hanging out in the VIP together catching up on old times before the altercation. the truth will come out but it's not looking good if vick and roddy's stories aren't true.

True. I just said that speaking in general terms. I have my theories, but if Phillips showed up unannounced, confronted Vick, and Vick left...probably not going to lead to anything (although you do bring a good point up about calling his P.O. or the police). If they've been in contact, were hanging out, etc. then he's got some explaining to do.

3 minutes, 30 minutes... does it even matter? All that matters is that they were gone before it happened.

Well, if Vick once again shows he's got problems with telling the truth, Goodell will be all over him. Thats why it's so unbelievably stupid by him to even get close to a potential problem.

In this case I wouldn't mess with Goodell, and thats why it's crazy not telling the truth, even though it's only 3 minutes, 30 minutes or 3 hours...