to all the Techies out there.

Captain

you getting a point and shoot or a DSLR.

photography gots its own nerds. not really considered techie.

point and shoot wise, id look at a nikon or a canon. they are usually on top. budget cam wise, engadget/gizmodo(cant remember which) said canon was on top when they did their testing.

ive heard good reviews of the canon SD1400, and if you go to the right place you can get it pretty cheap compared to others.

Edited by GEORGlAfan

Well point & shoot is usually what she was into.. and $100 would be about where im looking at and anything below.. :D

well cross off the Sd1400. cheapest ive seen it was around 150-180, but its a dang good camera.

like i said. nikon or canon is the way to go for point and shoot or DSlr. check out both.

well cross off the Sd1400. cheapest ive seen it was around 150-180, but its a dang good camera.

like i said. nikon or canon is the way to go for point and shoot or DSlr. check out both.

well 150 is Ok but Cheaper first obviously.. lol if thats how much it costs to get a Good Camera then 150 it is. lol

Well point & shoot is usually what she was into.. and $100 would be about where im looking at and anything below.. :D

Just bought a Canon Powershot A1100IS for about 129 bucks a little while back. I'm no pro and it certainly exceeds my needs. 12 megapixel at that. I have heard of others with the same camera so it seems to be on sale at a lot of places.

Just bought a Canon Powershot A1100IS for about 129 bucks a little while back. I'm no pro and it certainly exceeds my needs. 12 megapixel at that. I have heard of others with the same camera so it seems to be on sale at a lot of places.

That sounds perfect.. I Really Enjoy Photography myself but im not into doing it Myself.. I let My 16 Year old sister Do her thing. lol Ill enjoy her snaps.

That sounds perfect.. I Really Enjoy Photography myself but im not into doing it Myself.. I let My 16 Year old sister Do her thing. lol Ill enjoy her snaps.

It's all good. Some pose. Some shoot. The world needs posers so it's all good.

Poser. :P

for 100 bucks you want be really getting a good camera. if she is in photography a dslr is route to go, but they're expensive. $100 will get you a standard compact point and shoot camera

Dslr sounds intriguing. Explain.. I want Bang for My buck though.

Dude, you are a helluva brother to spend that much on your sibling. no joke. On second thought, nevermind the "dude"....

BRO, you are a helluva brother to spend that much on your sibling. no joke.

She's my only sister and she never annoyed me. and she Kept it PG so I wouldn't have to whoop some kid's As5. and she's REALLY into this Photography Hobby she has.

She's my only sister and she never annoyed me. and she Kept it PG so I wouldn't have to whoop some kid's As5. and she's REALLY into this Photography Hobby she has.

bjtain as a bro>>>>

might want to look at something with video also, so she can have an all in one.

bjtain as a bro>>>>

might want to look at something with video also, so she can have an all in one.

more money out my pocket.. :( might as well get into spending for myself too.

An iMac is surely needed @ my home. but what is a DSLR? Can someone explain..?

more money out my pocket.. :( might as well get into spending for myself too.

An iMac is surely needed @ my home. but what is a DSLR? Can someone explain..?

just got a macbook pro 13in from microcenter for 999. **** is normally 1200, and macs never go on sale. white imac was 899 if you are serious.

digital SLR, and SLR is single lens reflex camera. those are those fance cameras that the pros use. if you really want to get into photography, then a DSLR is your best bet, since you can control everything. image stablization, ISO, focus, interchangeable lenses.

im becoming a photography nerd. im still a photo noob.

like you, im planning on getting a Point and Shoot, then move to the canon 7D.

just got a macbook pro 13in from microcenter for 999. **** is normally 1200, and macs never go on sale. white imac was 899 if you are serious.

digital SLR, and SLR is single lens reflex camera. those are those fance cameras that the pros use. if you really want to get into photography, then a DSLR is your best bet, since you can control everything. image stablization, ISO, focus, interchangeable lenses.

im becoming a photography nerd. im still a photo noob.

like you, im planning on getting a Point and Shoot, then move to the canon 7D.

I learned something. +1

I still like my explanation better, though. :P

Dslr sounds intriguing. Explain.. I want Bang for My buck though.

go to cnet, they have a lot of info. for dslr cannon and nikon are the best bet, for nikon i have tried out the D3000 in real life, but the D5000 is better. Havent tried out a cannon in real life, but looked at it a the stores and their entry level dslr are good. heres some of cnets favorite entry level dslr. dont buy Panasonic though, i have one and get decent shots, but compared to basic dsrl the dslr wins hands down.

more info for cameras.

Also have involved does she want to get involve in photography? google and see if theres any photography classes nearby