Sapp picks Falcons as surprise contender

hawkeye

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sapp likes us to be a contender this year. He says we are strong up the middle with PJ, Babs, and Lofton. And that

should free up Abe coming off the edge. BTW he also likes Ryan, Turner, TG, and White. LOL

Yeah, I read that. Also him and Faulk of all people said on TOTAL ACCESS a couple weeks ago that we'd win 11 games this year.

I'd settle for 11 wins. Should be good enough for a play off appearance.

A surprise? :huh:

It's not a surprise to me. I've seen on several occasions Sapp having good things to say about us. It did surprise me at first, since he's a former Buc. Like on Inside the NFL on Showtime, when they did their picks, he would pick us often. Now Faulk saying something good about us, that's a surprise. If Dukes says something that good about us, I will expect to go outside and see pigs flying and h**l freezing over.

Edited by jes2400

Sapp likes us to be a contender this year. He says we are strong up the middle with PJ, Babs, and Lofton. And that

should free up Abe coming off the edge. BTW he also likes Ryan, Turner, TG, and White. LOL

I'm following him on twitter. whenever he answers my tweets its about the Falcons and he always has something positive to say.

Guest Gritz

Obviously couldn't stand him as a player, but kind of like him as a media personality.....and it doesn't have much to do with his being respectful of the Falcons. He just doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and he seems to be having fun.

SURPRISE OR NOT .... HERE WE COME! AND WE AIN'T MESSING AROUND.

LOOK FOR THE FALCONS TO BE A MORE PHYSICAL TEAM THIS YEAR, AND THIS

GOES FOR ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. EVEN THE OFFENSE WILL HAVE A

DEFENSIVE MENTALITY. YES! PAIN WILL BE DISTRIBUTED ON BOTH SIDES OF

THE BALL. DO WE HAVE CHIPS ON OUR SHOULDERS? BE ON OUR SCHEDULE ....

AND YOU'LL FIND OUT! B)

Yeah, I read that. Also him and Faulk of all people said on TOTAL ACCESS a couple weeks ago that we'd win 11 games this year.

I'd settle for 11 wins. Should be good enough for a play off appearance.

Actually 11 wins wouldn't have got us in the playoffs last year.

If we had beat Carolina and the Giants we would have had 11 wins. Philadelphia and Green Bay would have still beat us out for the wildcard spots. Philly beat us head to head and had a better conference record, and Green Bay had a better conference record.

I'll be okay with 11 if it makes us division winners, but I would rather have 13 or 14 wins and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Actually 11 wins wouldn't have got us in the playoffs last year.

If we had beat Carolina and the Giants we would have had 11 wins. Philadelphia and Green Bay would have still beat us out for the wildcard spots. Philly beat us head to head and had a better conference record, and Green Bay had a better conference record.

I'll be okay with 11 if it makes us division winners, but I would rather have 13 or 14 wins and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Yes I see what you're saying but if we'd win 11 games consistently year in year out the odds are we'll make it in. Most years 11 is good enough.

i hate it when someone's talking and they have a camera on sapp and he always has that surprised look! he looks so ******** every time he does that. for instance, someone could be like "this is matt ryan's third year with the falcons..." and they put the camera on sapp as his eyes get big and he makes his "are you f'n serious?!?! it is?!?!" look.

he looks like a reh-tard..

Obviously couldn't stand him as a player, but kind of like him as a media personality.....and it doesn't have much to do with his being respectful of the Falcons. He just doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and he seems to be having fun.

I do like him as a media personality. Personally, I think he held a grudge for awhile over vick, now that vick is out and an eagle he seems to have gotten over it.

It's not a surprise to me. I've seen on several occasions Sapp having good things to say about us. It did surprise me at first, since he's a former Buc. Like on Inside the NFL on Showtime, when they did their picks, he would pick us often. Now Faulk saying something good about us, that's a surprise. If Dukes says something that good about us, I will expect to go outside and see pigs flying and h**l freezing over.

Did anyone see the segment discussing Tebow? Whatever your opinion is of him, the way Dukes acted regarding him was completely tasteless in my opinion. I can't stand listening to him, as soon as he is replaced Total Access will be much better to watch.

Guest The Masked Falcon

Did anyone see the segment discussing Tebow? Whatever your opinion is of him, the way Dukes acted regarding him was completely tasteless in my opinion. I can't stand listening to him, as soon as he is replaced Total Access will be much better to watch.

IMO if the player isn't African-American then Dukes rarely has anything positive to say about them.

IMO if the player isn't African-American then Dukes rarely has anything positive to say about them.

Strong statement...but the truth is you may be on to something. He continues to try and trash Matt Ryan and said if we didn't win this year it was ALL ON HIM! (Which is stupid, but I digress...). However, while YKW was our QB, he talked about the receivers, O-line, playcalling, etc. I think he was right at the time...but it's very transparent for him to change his tune SO drastically when talking about the two.

Guest The Masked Falcon

Strong statement...but the truth is you may be on to something. He continues to try and trash Matt Ryan and said if we didn't win this year it was ALL ON HIM! (Which is stupid, but I digress...). However, while YKW was our QB, he talked about the receivers, O-line, playcalling, etc. I think he was right at the time...but it's very transparent for him to change his tune SO drastically when talking about the two.

I didn't want to believe that about him because I hate to believe that anyone is that bias......but I try to stay objective and observant at the same time.

It became obvious after a while to me that Dukes has some similarities to someone who has a similar name:

David Dukes

And just for the record I believe that they are both idiots.....David Dukes being the more dangerous of course.