off topic but why do they make fun of the King on 790 the Zone

russ7000

What did this guy do to be so popular? It seems like everybody who calls in interprets him and says( EMMM :wacko: )

It's an inside joke. He used to work for 790 along with Chernoff.

Personally, they are the only sport talk that I can stomach in Atlanta. Buck and Kincade are just horrible and don't even get me started on the Stews.

It's an inside joke. He used to work for 790 along with Chernoff.

Personally, they are the only sport talk that I can stomach in Atlanta. Buck and Kincade are just horrible and don't even get me started on the Stews.

The few times I listened to the Stews, they didn't mention any Atlanta team once. It's frustrating because it's Redskins-Caps 24/7 here. I actually get a chance to listen to some Atl radio, I get to listen to them talk about Kobe Bryant and Jay-Z for 2 hours. Lame. That was like a week before the draft too.

The few times I listened to the Stews, they didn't mention any Atlanta team once. It's frustrating because it's Redskins-Caps 24/7 here. I actually get a chance to listen to some Atl radio, I get to listen to them talk about Kobe Bryant and Jay-Z for 2 hours. Lame. That was like a week before the draft too.

The Stews (due to their contract with Sporting News) changed their format and because they're national you won't hear them take time out to focus on Atlanta sports. They used to dedicate their 1st hour to Atlanta sports a few years back when the 1st hour was local and the remaining time was national.

I used to like Chernoff and King honestly. Can't really take Steak in the morning (haven't listened in years) and Buck & Kincaide just play radio. I don't even bother.

The Stews (due to their contract with Sporting News) changed their format and because they're national you won't hear them take time out to focus on Atlanta sports. They used to dedicate their 1st hour to Atlanta sports a few years back when the 1st hour was local and the remaining time was national.

I used to like Chernoff and King honestly. Can't really take Steak in the morning (haven't listened in years) and Buck & Kincaide just play radio. I don't even bother.

LOL, the first 45 minutes of their first hour was their intro.

He's the most knowledgeable college football voice on Atlanta sports radio, that's why he's so popular. Him and Matt Chernoff have done the unthinkable and have taken over the ratings lead from Buck & Kincaid. First time in like 6 years that B&K haven't been the ratings titans.

What did this guy do to be so popular? It seems like everybody who calls in interprets him and says( EMMM :wacko: )

I havn't lived anywhere near the ATL area for the last 13 years so I never hear 790 but I'm betting that you are talking about Chuck Oliver.

:lol: @ interprets

Edited by Flip Wilson

why did you move this. even though it did not have anything about the falcons you could have let it stay. it is not footballseason and we do not have anything else to talk about. cound't you have waited till the season start to be so tight about your :angry: FALCONS TALK !!!! :angry::angry::angry: you guy kill me with this crap that why nobody on the dog gone blog any more.... loosen up some :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Calm down guy

I used to listen to 790 on my computer, but I stopped long ago. I now PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL stations on my iPhone, and while there are hundreds of local sports stations, I usually get more Falcons coverage outside of Atlanta than on the local stations.

I listen to Chernoff and the Kang. I like them better then the Stews, the stews were better when they weren't syndicated. Buck and Kincaid are tolerble.

My fave of all was the bottom line, with Dimino and Chilini, the days Steak is gone, its pretty much it, but Steak ruins it. I really wish Steakie would take a hint and say he sucks at talk radio and let Dimino and Chilini do the morning show. Steak's family owns 790 why hes on the show, he owns it. ;)

One show thats really BAD. Mike Bell and David Pollack, I like David Pollack but Mike Bell gets old after about 2 or 3 listens.

If you have a nationally syndicated show,a re you going to talk Atlanta sports for 3 hours? I just asking? The Stews are an acquired taste. We know alot don't care for them, but obviously some do. I like the Kang, but Chernoff is like any other talking head out there. He gets boring after a while.

I don't know why 790 got rid of Chernoff. Him and Oliver had the best mid day show in the city when it came to pure sports discussion. Steak Shapiro and Mike Bell are terrible. How they still have jobs in this market is unbelievable. They are both obnoxious cornballs that don't know shyt about sports and are full of themselves. Why they think people care about their personal lives so much is beyond me. Yeah Mike we get it, you're a 45 year old frat boy and Steak likes to eat out a lot and watch chick flicks.

Give Dimino and Cellini the morning show by themselves and get rid of that God awful Pollack and Bell show.

I havn't lived anywhere near the ATL area for the last 13 years so I never hear 790 but I'm betting that you are talking about Chuck Oliver.

:lol: @ interprets

Exactly---I think we are talking about Chuck Oliver & he is the King (of Applebee's)---very smart and not sure why he puts up with Chernoff who is so snarky