The new 360 slim gets really hot

I was playing the slim and I was changing the game disc and felt extreme heat coming from top vents, so i went and grabbed a thermometer and it was reading 105 degrees. Now that's friggin hot compared to the older 360 versions.

I was playing the slim and I was changing the game disc and felt extreme heat coming from top vents, so i went and grabbed a thermometer and it was reading 105 degrees. Now that's friggin hot compared to the older 360 versions.

Wow... what are you going to do about it? Call Xbox maybe?

I always keep my systems laying down and not standing up, im not taking a chance of it falling down.

Somebody told me that it supposed to do that, the heat supposed to be blown out the side vents, probably wouldn't be long before it starts melting the vents huh?

I always keep my systems laying down and not standing up, im not taking a chance of it falling down.

Somebody told me that it supposed to do that, the heat supposed to be blown out the side vents, probably wouldn't be long before it starts melting the vents huh?

I am the same way now, I accidentally knocked it when it was vertical and scratched my MW2 disc. I almost killed someone :angry:

Anyway, I can't believe it gets that hot I thought that was one thing the new one was supposed to improve on...

lol, and I saw a news headline that it can't get the RROD, but that was only because they took the red lights off the box. So now if you get the RROD how will you be notified? When these reviewers emailed Microsoft to ask if the new 360 could get RROD, Microsoft replied but dodged the question. It must have the same chances of getting it that the 360arcade did.

I'll just stick with my old first generation 360. If I keep it up on the very top of my dresser and keep my ceiling fan on full blast (which I do anyway) I can play for about 2 1/2 hours before it starts to get hot. Then I'll quit.

I used to have it down on the floor in a low dresser cubby. The entire box would get really hot after about 30 mins of playing and I eventually got RROD. So once I got it fixed like I said put it on top of dresser with ceiling fan and it's been fine. Barely gets hot anymore (still is loud though haha).

Edited by Adema1226

lol, and I saw a news headline that it can't get the RROD, but that was only because they took the red lights off the box. So now if you get the RROD how will you be notified? When these reviewers emailed Microsoft to ask if the new 360 could get RROD, Microsoft replied but dodged the question. It must have the same chances of getting it that the 360arcade did.

I'll just stick with my old first generation 360. If I keep it up on the very top of my dresser and keep my ceiling fan on full blast (which I do anyway) I can play for about 2 1/2 hours before it starts to get hot. Then I'll quit.

I used to have it down on the floor in a low dresser cubby. The entire box would get really hot after about 30 mins of playing and I eventually got RROD. So once I got it fixed like I said put it on top of dresser with ceiling fan and it's been fine. Barely gets hot anymore (still is loud though haha).

I download my games to hard drive now. Its alot more quiet and I am guessing its less wear and does not put off as much heat compared to not downloading the game to the hard drive. That sound cant be good for it as loud as it is.

Thats just my theory.

I download my games to hard drive now. Its alot more quiet and I am guessing its less wear and does not put off as much heat compared to not downloading the game to the hard drive. That sound cant be good for it as loud as it is.

Thats just my theory.

I used to do that but I would have glitches in the games. Sometimes they would take longer to load or freeze at certain points - so I just started playing them from the discs again. I might try that again though, since I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with it.

I hope to get that new version within a year. I am still stuck with the 15 GB version of XBOX360. After two RRoD mine is probably on its last leg.

I do got the slimmer 250GB PS3. I noticed it get hot in a hurry. So far no problems out of it.

Its not really worth it tbh, the phat boys always looked better.

Has more things to it also doesnt it

Yeah, the only thing different about the slim and the 360 is that they added wi-fi (which they should of done to begin with) and made the system shorter, if you stand it up to a wii it looks like a friggin wii with the way it looks now.

Not to mention that its more difficult to open up this slim model compared to the older models. If you mess up, you could break the wire thats connected to the face plat and then you would have to send in your slim to get it fixed or replace. The wire is hooked up to the new ring so to say at least that's what I was told and seen a video of the new insides of the 360 slim.