28 members have voted

1. 1. Lesnar vs Carwin

• Lesnar
    • Carwin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock will destroy this fool in a minute or less.

If you think this is going to be an easy fight for Brock, you are sadly mistaken. Carwin is by far the most lethal opponent he has faced by far. Carwin has finished everyone he fought in the first round, all twelve fights. He is the only guy in the UFC with bigger hands than Lesnar. My money says those big hands knocks LESSnar on his rear for good. Knock out highlight reel fight for Carwin.

Brock will be rusty after his layoff for over a year, similar to Rampage was versus Evans.

Also, this will be the first time Brock will be fighting somebody his size and somebody who has wrestling skills. Carwin has heavy hands also, the only fighter in the UFC with bigger hands than Lesner.

Lesnar. I have never seen a man beat a world class fighter into submission with a headlock pounding like he did to Frank Mir. That just aint possible.

Did you happen to watch the Carwin vs. Mir match? Carwin basically KO'ed Mir while pressing him against the cage, almost like they were in a clinch. I was pulling for Mir, but Carwin was equally dominant against Mir.

Carwin is very dangerous, but not very well-rounded in MMA. While Lesnar is still green, he has the wrestling skills to keep Carwin from hurting him.

I believe Carwin has some pretty good wrestling experience as well.

Brock will be rusty after his layoff for over a year, similar to Rampage was versus Evans.

Also, this will be the first time Brock will be fighting somebody his size and somebody who has wrestling skills. Carwin has heavy hands also, the only fighter in the UFC with bigger hands than Lesner.

I think Carwin will win, but Brock isn't going to be in nearly the same situation as Rampage, IMO. I think Rampage is basically a shot fighter at this point in time. Maybe not physically, but mentally, Rampage just isn't there anymore. I don't think he has the heart/drive/will to be a top flight MMA fighter at this point in his life. Maybe he get's it back; but I think Rampage has checked out mentally. As much as I don't like Brock, I don't think there's a chance in he77 that he will walk into the Ocatgon in anything but a mood to fight like a maniac.

Im a lesnar fan. I would like the see him get the w, but generally in the ufc if you take time off or miss significant time; for whatever reason, you are not ready. It will be very difficult for lesnar to beat the rust and carwin too. I would really love to watch this.

Because he's a wrestler that proved you can fake it and kick ***

Naah, not really.I don't care that he fake wrestled. I just tend to favor watching the lower weight classes in any sport. But I did like the first UFC cards, where pretty much everybody fought everybody. I like to see skills displayed, not just some steroid monster rush across the ring and pound a guy. Yea, that may be effective, but it's not a skill and it's not fun to watch.To me anyway. I just don't want to see Brock herald in a monster era in MMA and the little guys just get ignored. And I think they had a plan for Brock to be their champ.And I don't think they expected Frank Mir to beat him their first go round.

How many sports can you lose your second fight, get a decision in your third and be fighting for the title in your fourth? Something just aint right about that. a 4-1 heavyweight champ. SMH.

Because he's a wrestler that proved you can fake it and kick ***

That and all the guys who talk about how just being a good wrestler was enough to be successful.

Brock has broken a lot of the stereotypes that some bjj guys have perpetrated.

IE it does not matter how big or strong you are someone with great technique will almost always win.

Brock, and it's not even close. I think Carwin is the only guy than can win a stand up, punch out match with Lesnar.

For anyone else in the UFC to beat him, you gotta get him on the ground.

Have you seen Kimbo in punchouts he is beast he is very weak in groundgame though. I wanna see them go at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPWCd6JoHs&has_verified=1

Brock, and it's not even close. I think Carwin is the only guy than can win a stand up, punch out match with Lesnar.

For anyone else in the UFC to beat him, you gotta get him on the ground.

See, I disagree with that statement. I think there are a few heavyweights that could take Brock if they could remain on their feet. But Brock is so powerful and capable at "ground & pound" that most of those guys cannot force him into a standup affair. Even in the 2nd Mir fight, there was a point early in the second round where Mir clocked him and then hit him with sort of a "flying knee" that wobbled him. And Mir is a BJJ guy.

I'm not a little guy. A little over 6 ft and about 230. I owned my own gym. I was a US Paratrooper. I bounced in a nightclub and always handled myself well. I have two older brothers and so I always considered myself 'tough'. I don't claim to have MMA skills but I would never back down from anyone.

If I looked across the octogan at Brock Lesnar I would ish my pants for the world to see.

Lesnar is bigger and faster. If he keeps it standing, Carwin has a chance because he has heavy hands and that'll come down to who lands the shot first. On the ground, Lesnar has the definite advantage because he's faster, slicker, and a better wrestler with a better pedigree. If he gets in top position, I don't think Carwin will be able to move the behemoth. Lesnar has good body control and stays in tight until he gets to a dominant position and then he rains down the ham hocks. Carwin's best bet is to keep the fight on the feet and catch Lesnar. As it stands, I think Lesnat can get him on the ground for some vicious GNP and end the fight.