Steelers RT out for the season

Link

Willie Colon-T-Steelers Jun. 28 - 3:40 pm et

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Steelers RT Willie Colon expects to undergo season-ending Achilles' surgery on Wednesday.

Colon is the Steelers' best lineman, so this is a very tough loss for Rashard Mendenhall, immobile fill-in QB Byron Leftwich, and Ben Roethlisberger once he returns from suspension. Pittsburgh's most likely Week 1 front-five lineup now probably would have Trai Essex moving from guard to right tackle, Max Starks staying on the left side, and Maurkice Pouncey, Justin Hartwig, and Chris Kemoeatu on the interior. What once appeared to be a revamped and potentially promising group for 2010 has taken a significant blow.

While I would never wish anything bad happen to any player, our defense is gonna have a field day against the Steelers!

Edited by Toronto_Dirty_Bird

With a last name like Colon, I'm surprised the Ain'ts didn't try to trade their whole draft for him.

That is a big loss for those guys. Them big boys need to stretch before they start going full steam after an off-season eating cheeseburgers.

I would never count on a win,especially on the road in Pitt, but this does make things a bit better for our D.

Guest Gritz

None of this makes for an automatic win for Atlanta. No sir. Steelers still have a very strong D and the game is in their back yard.

Off subject, but I'm going to have an updated file for you to see in a couple of days Supes.....I have been kickin' it the last few days....... ;)

None of this makes for an automatic win for Atlanta. No sir. Steelers still have a very strong D and the game is in their back yard.

SUP, I FEEL LIKE WE'D BEAT'EM EVEN WITH THIS GUY. NOTHINGS AUTOMATIC.

BUT WE GOT SOMETHING TO PROOF, AND WE'LL HAVE SOME WHAT OF AN ATTITUDE.

I JUST DON'T THINK THEY CAN KEEP UP WITH US ON THE SCOREBOARD.

Best post so far.

Most of the message boarders have penciled this one in already. I jus don't know.

I think they will give us all we want. Opening day. In Pittsburgh. OK, chalk it up if you want to. This is the NFL. Not the NCAA.

Spoken like a true Marine. :lol:

I can't help it. The off-season makes me a bit stir-crazy. By the time week 1 rolls around, I'm one step shy of rabid. And what makes it worse is that we play the Stealers week one. I don't know about all of you, but I get so sick of seeing my hometown bars, pubs, taverns and most of all the Dome, filled with more of their fans than our own. I say we turn the "Terrible Towels" into the "Terrible Tourniquet".

Edited by MorganGrafixx