I know everyone pretty much hates the Yankees on here

I don't know if it still holds true, but the 2000 World Series was the worst-rated Series ever to be televised. Thus the died down hype of a "subway series" since.

Link for affirmation: F NY

(I know this clip is from 2009)

Its probably because its 2 teams from NY and no one outside of NY cared who won it, if the Yankees won then it would be a 3 peat dynasty, and if NY one then it was just another NY team winning.

Believe me the subway series has not died down, at least not in NY, just like the BOS/NYY rivalry hasnt either ( i remember you saying its not a big deal anymore)

Its probablydefinitely because its 2 teams from NY and no one outside of NY cared who won it, if the Yankees won then it would be a 3 peat dynasty, and if NY one then it was just another NY team winning.

Believe me the subway series has not died down, at least not in NY, just like the BOS/NYY rivalry hasnt either ( i remember you saying its not a big deal anymore)

Boston has closed the door on the Yankees, what, once (maybe twice) on the Yankees in a century... and that was 2004. All the other times, they were beaten. That's not much of a rivalry to me. All the hype and attendance suggests otherwise, but the records stand.

Boston has closed the door on the Yankees, what, once (maybe twice) on the Yankees in a century... and that was 2004. All the other times, they were beaten. That's not much of a rivalry to me. All the hype and attendance suggests otherwise, but the records stand.

Its got nothing to do with records, the fact that is every time these two teams meet its always a good series and there is always drama in it. The fact that the Yankees are better then the Red Sox fuels the rivalry from Bostons side, and when they try to bring their crap into Yankee stadium it fuels the NY side.

Its got nothing to do with records, the fact that is every time these two teams meet its always a good series and there is always drama in it. The fact that the Yankees are better then the Red Sox fuels the rivalry from Bostons side, and when they try to bring their crap into Yankee stadium it fuels the NY side.

I hate the Yankees, but easily 80-85% of the time they are better than the Red Sox. It's not a rivalry just because they have played each other for a long time.

I mean, Chicago vs. Detroit isn't a rivalry either... but by your logic, it is.

I hate the Yankees, but easily 80-85% of the time they are better than the Red Sox. It's not a rivalry just because they have played each other for a long time.

I mean, Chicago vs. Detroit isn't a rivalry either... but by your logic, it is.

The all time record is 1,122-936-14 in favor of the Yankees. Its a pretty even rivalry so i dont see how 80-85% of the time the Yankees are better. The rivalry has heated up a lot since the beginning of 2000 because both teams are a whole lot more competitive now.

And what logic am i using? The fact that two teams hate each others guts, always get up to play against each other, has a history of being competitive, and the fact that the fans hate each other.

The all time record is 1,122-936-14 in favor of the Yankees. Its a pretty even rivalry so i dont see how 80-85% of the time the Yankees are better. The rivalry has heated up a lot since the beginning of 2000 because both teams are a whole lot more competitive now.

And what logic am i using? The fact that two teams hate each others guts, always get up to play against each other, has a history of being competitive, and the fact that the fans hate each other.

1) Spending a ton of money helped the Red Sox compete.

2) The Wildcard helped the Red Sox compete.

3) 1901-1918, argument for a rivalry. 1920-2003 rivalry. 85 out of 109 seasons being one-sided.

4) ESPN. Oddly enough, it's located halfway between Boston and NYC.

I wouldn't say the rivalry "heated back up" in 2000, when NY was still going to the WS.

In 1918, the Red Sox won their fourth world series.

Since 1918 in the AL East:

The Rays, Senators (now the Rangers), and Brewers won zero titles.

The Blue Jays have won two titles.

The Indians have won two titles.

The Red Sox have won three titles.

The Orioles have won three titles.

The Tigers have won four titles.

The Yankees have won twenty seven.

If I replaced the teams with variables (Team A, Team B, Team C...), would you pick the Red Sox and Yankees as the rivalry... based on that information?

This "rivalry" is shoved down anyone's throat that watches baseball, like it is REALLY IMPORTANT... the best in sports. I couldn't disagree more.

1) Spending a ton of money helped the Red Sox compete.

2) The Wildcard helped the Red Sox compete.

3) 1901-1918, argument for a rivalry. 1920-2003 rivalry. 85 out of 109 seasons being one-sided.

4) ESPN. Oddly enough, it's located halfway between Boston and NYC.

I wouldn't say the rivalry "heated back up" in 2000, when NY was still going to the WS.

In 1918, the Red Sox won their fourth world series.

Since 1918 in the AL East:

The Rays, Senators (now the Rangers), and Brewers won zero titles.

The Blue Jays have won two titles.

The Indians have won two titles.

The Red Sox have won three titles.

The Orioles have won three titles.

The Tigers have won four titles.

The Yankees have won twenty seven.

If I replaced the teams with variables (Team A, Team B, Team C...), would you pick the Red Sox and Yankees as the rivalry... based on that information?

This "rivalry" is shoved down anyone's throat that watches baseball, like it is REALLY IMPORTANT... the best in sports. I couldn't disagree more.

It has nothing to do with titles, look at the USC/Notre Dame rivalry ND hasnt been competitive in awhile but its still a big deal when the teams get together. ND hasnt beaten USC for awhile now but that doesnt stop the fans from both teams getting loud for it.

It has to do with the history between the teams, the games played between the two, the cities hating each other. It has nothing to do with the location of ESPN, ESPN is also in Cali but theres no big Mariners/Angels games.

The Yankees/Sox rivalry goes back to when both these teams came into the league, theres been ugly games, theres been close games, theres been fights, theres been good times. The Yankees dont have a rivalry with Baltimore or any other team in the east.

The reason the rivalry heated back up in 2000 is because both teams became more competitive with the rest of the league and each other, there was the whole fiasco with Martinez and Zimmer, the 2004 post season, and even last year when the Red Sox took 8 straight from the Yanks.