Johnson reportedly willing to accept less money to play for Knicks

Joremarid

Let's see how the New York fans and sports media treat him when he goes MIA when/if they ever make the playoffs.

I didn't want to see the Hawks break the bank to keep him anyway.

no kidding. the article sites one reason he wants to leave is b/c our fans and media were too mean to him.

good luck in ny

It amazes me that teams think that players who haven't won in their previous stops are the answer. LeBron couldn't win in Cleveland, so he has to go to a team with a stacked roster to try to win. Same for Bosh and Stoudemire. Moral to the story: it takes more than one player to do it and even though the "stars" get the credit, they shouldn't.

Everybody is a second banana to their team.

LOL@the Hawks (Spirit) breaking the bank to keep ANYBODY. Didn't we just shuffle picks in the draft to save like $300k?

Sanford & Son(s) need to sell this team to a single owner, and not a corporation.

A single owner that actually has money to run a team!

Ok, I'll admit that I'm rather ignorant when it comes to the NBA. I only watch keep up with it near playoff time(if the Hawks are good). But why is there no talk of the Hawks going after LeBron James? Are the owners too tight with money? Do we not have some talented guys to give him a good supporting roll to win championships? Can someone explain? Thanks!!

Ok, I'll admit that I'm rather ignorant when it comes to the NBA. I only watch keep up with it near playoff time(if the Hawks are good). But why is there no talk of the Hawks going after LeBron James? Are the owners too tight with money? Do we not have some talented guys to give him a good supporting roll to win championships? Can someone explain? Thanks!!

someone in the FO, maybe it was Sund, said to the AJC that they would love to have lebron here.

someone in the FO, maybe it was Sund, said to the AJC that they would love to have lebron here.

Oh. ok...thanks. But are they really going to make a serious push for him or are they just trying to appease the fans by saying "well we at least made him an offer". Because Im sure every team would love to have him...but not all will make a serious run for him.

Oh. ok...thanks. But are they really going to make a serious push for him or are they just trying to appease the fans by saying "well we at least made him an offer". Because Im sure every team would love to have him...but not all will make a serious run for him.

i read where if Joe leaves then they will have the room to offer lebron a max contract. whether they go for him or not i am not sure.

i read where if Joe leaves then they will have the room to offer lebron a max contract. whether they go for him or not i am not sure.

Hard choice for Lebron. Everyone is going to offer him a max contract. He basically gets to choose where he wants to go and not worry about contractual differences :lol:

Guest Gritz

well that would be aweome, but i doubt its true.

These owners actually landing LeBron?

There's a better chance of Justin Bieber winning an MMA match.

Why are teams so willing to pay max contracts to players who are second banana's in reality? If Joe Johnson is the best player on your team, then your team isn't going to be going to any championship series, let alone winning anything. Smart teams who are well under the cap would be wise to keep that flexibility if they cannot get one of the top level guys. There will be more FA's next year, and smart teams would be wise to keep that in mind.