Impact rookie wide receivers can be selected later in NFL Draft

hawkeye

Sat, 26 Jun 2010 08:46:20 -0400

Of the 15 rookie wide receivers with 30 or more catches last season, 10 were chosen in the third round or later and eight were selected in rounds four through seven, according to Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com. Four of the rookie wide receivers, in terms of yardage leaders, were selected after the first 80 choices went off the board.

I agree that you can get a good WR later in the draft. Maybe even an UDFA WR.(Harvey) But this year I would love

to have Greg Little in the 2nd or even Chris Owusu in the 2-3. But I keep saying that we won't draft a WR 1st rd

b/c it's just to risky of being a bust. I think we will draft one within the first 3 rds tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Sat, 26 Jun 2010 08:46:20 -0400

Of the 15 rookie wide receivers with 30 or more catches last season, 10 were chosen in the third round or later and eight were selected in rounds four through seven, according to Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com. Four of the rookie wide receivers, in terms of yardage leaders, were selected after the first 80 choices went off the board.

I agree that you can get a good WR later in the draft. Maybe even an UDFA WR.(Harvey) But this year I would love

to have Greg Little in the 2nd or even Chris Owusu in the 2-3. But I keep saying that we won't draft a WR 1st rd

b/c it's just to risky of being a bust. I think we will draft one within the first 3 rds tho.

I like Greg Little a lot, has nice size in 6'2 205 and he also possesses speed. A sure playmaker having playtime as both a WR and RB and also doing some kick returning, dude also showed blocking alibity (remember that 10-yard driveback and then pancaking the CB, followed by a little trash talk) surely is a stud