The Official 80's Music Thread

LSFalcon

This thread is for one purpose and one purpose only, to list and discuss the hits of the 80's. Whether you were like Judd Nelson, or Emilio Estevez, or Anthony Michael Hall in The Breakfast Club, or like Ferris Bueller, or even if you were like Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, you should enjoy the music presented throughout this thread. So throw on your acid washed jeans and Members Only jackets and take a trip back in time to the 1980's. B)

I'll start it off with the smooth sounds of Billy Ocean and his Caribbean Queen.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O em gee, Jay.... I hate to admit it, but one of the bands I was in back then actually played that song. :ph34r:

Did the singer hit the note? You know which one I mean... That note at the end of the song is pay off for listening to it for the 1,000th time.

This video captures the essence of 1984 metal in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyePfnR3DmA&feature=related

I always liked Dokken over the other hair bands-they were a tight band that had some good lyrics and George Lynch was THE man when it came to the 80's guitar shredders in my opinion. Still like to listen to the "Tooth and Nail" CD now and then...