6'4 205lbs WR Brandyn Harvey

atljbo

link

Harvey is considered a real sleeper for the draft but he’s generating a little buzz and could wind up getting multiple free-agent offers if he goes unselected. He’s got good size at a shade over 6-3, 201 pounds, and he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds at his pro day. A former track standout in high school, Harvey’s vertical jump was 40 inches and he posted a broad jump of 10 feet, seven inches, which is tops what any receiver did at the combine.

Philly was one iof the teams that really wanted him as a priority UDFA.

We have heard good things about this guy from the Coaching Staff, Roddy White, and the local Media.... I liked Harvey in college but no way did i think we would look at him... He could have put up bigger numbers in college if he had a better QB.

So what do you guys think of Brandyn Harvey ?

I like what I have heard so far about him. If he plays well in TC and the preseason he could take Finneran's spot. That would be ironic because they came from the same college and are nearly the same size. Weems might be odd man out if we only carry 5 receivers and have one on the Practice Squad (Ryan Wolfe maybe).

I like what I have heard so far about him. If he plays well in TC and the preseason he could take Finneran's spot. That would be ironic because they came from the same college and are nearly the same size. Weems might be odd man out if we only carry 5 receivers and have one on the Practice Squad (Ryan Wolfe maybe).

I think Weems will make the team and this is coming from a "not a fan of Weems" guy... Matt Ryan named him as a guy that has impressed him this offseason...Weems has potential as a slot WR.

I'm not a fan of Weems and thought he would be gone also but ive heard good things about the guy.

I think as of right now Harvey and Wolfe is PS guys.... If Harvey ball out during the Preseason... I can see us carrying g 6 WR's...

With the addition of him, Douglas and Meier is one reason why I know we won't draft a WR in the first round.

It depends... They can all be good Slot WR's... Some one has to prove that they can be a #2 WR... I think HD can be a #2 WR but if he is best at the slot... Keep him at the slot.

It depends... They can all be good Slot WR's... Some one has to prove that they can be a #2 WR... I think HD can be a #2 WR but if he is best at the slot... Keep him at the slot.

I beg to differ look at the Colts, Giants, Saints and Vikings receiver sets, they all have a clear alpha receiver option but the 2nd and third options are interchangeable depending on match ups. I just think if we a develop a wr core that has an Alpha receiver which we clearly have and a big position receiver which I hope Meier or Harvey can be and a nice slot line up anywhere on the field receiver Douglas can be. Couple this with your occasional deep threat optional Jenkins is and I say you have yourself a pretty good core that most DC lose sleep over.

Yes I'm sure it is nice to have a dynamic duo wr set like the Cardinals had but I much have one similar to the Colts and the Saints that exploit match ups.

I beg to differ look at the Colts, Giants, Saints and Vikings receiver sets, they all have a clear alpha receiver option but the 2nd and third options are interchangeable depending on match ups. I just think if we a develop a wr core that has an Alpha receiver which we clearly have and a big position receiver which I hope Meier or Harvey can be and a nice slot line up anywhere on the field receiver Douglas can be. Couple this with your occasional deep threat optional Jenkins is and I say you have yourself a pretty good core that most DC lose sleep over.

Yes I'm sure it is nice to have a dynamic duo wr set like the Cardinals had but I much have one similar to the Colts and the Saints that exploit match ups.

Dude im talking about our team and what we have... Not talking about the Colts, Giants, Saints and Vikings receiver sets... Only the Falcons.... I dont think Meier is a #2... He is a good move the chains WR but i dont see him as a #2 (from what i saw of him in college) ... I think Harry be a #2 but i feel like the best position for him is the slot so he can exploit NB's, LB's, and Safeties.... Like Meier.. We have to see what Harvey can do.... I think we would have taken a WR if we had a 2nd round pick this year (just what i think)

I see us taking a WR high in next years draft tho.... That doesnt mean Meier and Harvey cant be good...

Dude im talking about our team and what we have... Not talking about the Colts, Giants, Saints and Vikings receiver sets... Only the Falcons.... I dont think Meier is a #2... He is a good move the chains WR but i dont see him as a #2 (from what i saw of him in college) ... I think Harry be a #2 but i feel like the best position for him is the slot so he can exploit NB's, LB's, and Safeties.... Like Meier.. We have to see what Harvey can do.... I think we would have taken a WR if we had a 2nd round pick this year (just what i think)

I see us taking a WR high in next years draft tho.... That doesnt mean Meier and Harvey cant be good...

I am talking about the Falcons too, and what I believe our wr philosophy is not to have a clear 1 & 2 option as it is to having a clear 1 and exploit options similar to those teams. Again I don't see us draft a speedy slot wr in the 3rd 2 years ago and a big slow possession wr this year and signing the only deep threat wr with bad hands to a health contract last year as us looking for a clear #2 wr.

link

So what do you guys think of Brandyn Harvey ?

I'll tell you what I think.

It was D!ck Vermeil that use to say about scouting for players - if you were watching a practice and you had to search for a legitimate player, there isn't one.

In other words, real legit players make themselves noticable. You don't have to try to find them out of a crowd. They make themsleves known.

At our most recent minicamp, Harvey was making himself known.

I didn't go there looking for a receiver. Heck, I figured with White, Jenkins, Finn, HD, Weems, and Meier we were pretty set. But me and my boys I was with couldn't help but to ask, "Who is that?"

Harvey stood out. Stood out of the already impressive crowd of receivers.

Maybe he simply had a real, real good practice. But let's just say I'm won't be the least bit surprised to see him make this team over just about anyone else on that list.

Falcons | Could spread the football around more in 2010

Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook

Tue, 08 Jun 2010 07:41:34 -0400

Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith said the offense could be more balanced this upcoming season, according to CBSSports.com. "We are now in a situation where we have a number of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, and I think we can take advantage of distributing the ball to our playmakers," Smith said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl#ixzz0s3liREpW

Doesn't sound like a coach concerned about a number #2 option.

I think we should carry 6 WRs this year. We have a ton of potentially very good WR's and I would be pissed if one was taken from our PS. I like Weems, but i like Douglas more in the slot. I might even like Meier and Wolfe in the slot as well. Weems to me is just an all around solid player who rarely makes mistakes.

You don't see him take many punts or kicks back for TD, but he usually has a good return avg and does not fumble often. Although his TD per catch ratio is freakishly good lol. But I would really like to see atleast one of the younger guys besides Meier out there.

sounds good to me.

Falcons | Could spread the football around more in 2010

Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook

Tue, 08 Jun 2010 07:41:34 -0400

Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith said the offense could be more balanced this upcoming season, according to CBSSports.com. "We are now in a situation where we have a number of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, and I think we can take advantage of distributing the ball to our playmakers," Smith said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl#ixzz0s3liREpW

Doesn't sound like a coach concerned about a number #2 option.

yeah, i actually dont think we draft a WR at all next year.

At our most recent minicamp, Harvey was making himself known.

I didn't go there looking for a receiver. Heck, I figured with White, Jenkins, Finn, HD, Weems, and Meier we were pretty set. But me and my boys I was with couldn't help but to ask, "Who is that?"

Harvey stood out. Stood out of the already impressive crowd of receivers.

same here, i had zero expectations for harvey before mini camp. i left thinking he would be 1 of 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see what summer camp brings out in him. He's had mini camp, rookie camp and OTA's to learn the book and get the feel with the team and coaches. He's been recieved well by all, coaches, players and media. Could even be the reason why Meier has not signed yet? Hmm?

You know its preseason when people are claiming an UDFA will be our #2 receiver in the coming future.

Harvey stands an outside shot at best at making this team...his best chance comes at being a gunner on special teams. And there is nothing wrong with that.

To be a #5/#6 receiver on an NFL team, you better be able to play special teams.

And dont tell me he can return kicks...he is not any good at returning...but he does lay a lick on dudes in the running game/peel back blocks.

But he would have to take a roster spot from a well established Finn, Wolfe, and a myriad of other UDFA's.

You know its preseason when people are claiming an UDFA will be our #2 receiver in the coming future.

Harvey stands an outside shot at best at making this team...his best chance comes at being a gunner on special teams. And there is nothing wrong with that.

To be a #5/#6 receiver on an NFL team, you better be able to play special teams.

And dont tell me he can return kicks...he is not any good at returning...but he does lay a lick on dudes in the running game/peel back blocks.

But he would have to take a roster spot from a well established Finn, Wolfe, and a myriad of other UDFA's.

He did return punts at Villanova!