New jersey !

B) I hope he brings more honor to it than the latest guy to wear it for any length of time. It may be too much to ask these days. Of all people to move on from this team, and completely show himself to be a tool, KB56 is the last player I thought I'd see act like such a terd.

B) I hope he brings more honor to it than the latest guy to wear it for any length of time. It may be too much to ask these days. Of all people to move on from this team, and completely show himself to be a tool, KB56 is the last player I thought I'd see act like such a terd.

He acted like a di ck one game, but obviously you don't know what KB brought to this team since his rookie year in '98. To say he brought no honor is a fallacy. He was the Falcons Man of the Year in 2002 for his community service, he's twice been voted to the Pro Bowl, the NFL's all-star game. His 212 tackles in 02 season were the most by a Falcon in 20 years. He played hurt, and was a mainstay on the defense for 10 years. Fans could count on this guy for 10 years to give it his all.

No honor? give me a break! When he donned the Falcons uniform, he was honor!

EDIT: one year he donated $56 dollars a tackle to the Community Food Bank as well. (how is this not bringing honor to your number?)

Edited by JKH5785

He acted like a di ck one game, but obviously you don't know what KB brought to this team since his rookie year in '98. To say he brought no honor is a fallacy. He was the Falcons Man of the Year in 2002 for his community service, he's twice been voted to the Pro Bowl, the NFL's all-star game. His 212 tackles in 08 season were the most by a Falcon in 20 years. He played hurt, and was a mainstay on the defense for 10 years. Fans could count on this guy for 10 years to give it his all.

212 tackles? Are you serious? He hasn't broke 140 since 2003.

212 tackles? Are you serious? He hasn't broke 140 since 2003.

yeah I meant 2002. Thanks DemBirds. I wouldn't have caught that error, I wasn't paying attention. I saved this article I read about him awhile back, and misquoted it.

Here is a link if interested article

To say that he brought no honor to our organization is out of line. I'm sorry. I know he rubbed alot of fans the wrong way, including me, with that Dallas spectacle. However, you cannot forget what this guy did for the team and community for 10 years.

Edited by JKH5785

yeah I meant 2002. Thanks DemBirds. I wouldn't have caught that error, I wasn't paying attention. I saved this article I read about him awhile back, and misquoted it.

To say that he brought no honor to our organization is out of line. I'm sorry. I know he rubbed alot of fans the wrong way, including me, with that Dallas spectacle. However, you cannot forget what this guy did for the team and community for 10 years.

i can, cause i never really got to experience it. all I got to experience was one year with brooking and then hes out and being a jacka$$. But then again im a young fan, so its all good.

A thread about the state of New Jersey?? TATF! :lol:

Dont mean to burst your bubble, but whats with the numbers on that jersey. That doesnt look even remotely close to the numbers on Falcons jerseys. Did you get that off ebay from a seller claiming it was "authentic"?

LOL. I thought that LeBron made his decision and was ready to post "Wrong Forum" until I saw the OP. :D

Yeah overall he is a good man. That game he was caught in the emotion of returning to the place he calls home. Once a year he throws a fundraiser down in Newnan and really puts on a great event for everyone who comes. The Keith Brooking Foundation is a nice charity.

He sucked that game though!

i swear i stared at this thread for a good fourty seconds before realizing it wasn't about the state of new jersey...

You haven't heard? Since Blank is having such a time with a new stadium, we are moving to the new Meadowlands to help them pay it off. The new name will be the New Jersey Fuhgeddaboutits and our team colors will be Snookie Orange and Bon Jovi Denim Blue

Did you read my post? I said "more" honor. I never said he didn't bring any honor. KB56 used to be one of my favorite players. Perhaps you are also a fan who is butt-hurt like Keith that the Falcons let him go.

Btw, did that $56/tackle include the pile jumping everyone talks about on here? I defended him plenty on this board, but let's face it - the organization made the right decision. He's still doing it in Dallas. And he's showed no class to an organization who helped make HIM successful, just as much as it was the other way around.

He acted like a di ck one game, but obviously you don't know what KB brought to this team since his rookie year in '98. To say he brought no honor is a fallacy. He was the Falcons Man of the Year in 2002 for his community service, he's twice been voted to the Pro Bowl, the NFL's all-star game. His 212 tackles in 02 season were the most by a Falcon in 20 years. He played hurt, and was a mainstay on the defense for 10 years. Fans could count on this guy for 10 years to give it his all.

EDIT: one year he donated $56 dollars a tackle to the Community Food Bank as well. (how is this not bringing honor to your number?)

what? are you talking about keith brooking? when did he have 212 tackles? im confused...

Actually it came from nfl.com

to many scams running around on ebay.

had to have it custom made seeing that #56 wasnt on the list.

I'll get a better picture up.

That jersey was not purchased from NFL.com, I can look at the material that numbers were cut from and tell you that.

EDIT: It's funny somebody gave me a -1 for pointing out the truth. I know my jerseys. I collect Falcons Game jerseys and I have seen everything from brand promos to real gamers to authentic store bought and fakes. That jersey is a knockoff, I'm sorry, but don't tell people it came from NFL.com and demean the quality of their merchandise. I hate to sound like an ***, and I wasn't going to say anything at all about the look of the Jersey till the OP said that he purchased it from NFL.com. It took me 2 seconds to realize it was not real. the mesh is stitched straight down from pit to hem w/ little side panel, and the numbers are the same thick shiny material that are on all the China knockoffs that are floating around flea markets and eBay. If this didn't tip you off, you could always look at another noticeable difference in the number Font being completely wrong. I'm not trying to talk crap about the jersey, but telling people you bought it from NFL shop when you know you didn't is completely wrong. It may actually effect someone's' decision in buying a jersey of their own or a gift for someone and I don't think it's right to mislead the fans who wouldn't know any difference. Again, sorry, but it's the truth. If you feel like calling me a liar, try, but I really know my jerseys. With how much they cost now-a-days, I think our fellow fans deserve an honest review of a product.

Edited by JKH5785

For the most part, Keith Brooking was and is a class act. I did see where he was sticking the dude with his elbow, but that was out of frustration. Like you said, for ten years he was a great player and a decent human being.

I still keep up with him as a Cowboy, I've got friends out there in Texas that think he is the greatest.

keep smilin,

waiting for NFL and the Falcons to begin.

olehippy13

Yeah overall he is a good man. That game he was caught in the emotion of returning to the place he calls home. Once a year he throws a fundraiser down in Newnan and really puts on a great event for everyone who comes. The Keith Brooking Foundation is a nice charity.

He sucked that game though!

YOU'RE RIGHT. KB's NOT A BAD GUY, AND HE PLAYED A LONG TIME FOR US.

AND YOU'RE RIGHT AGAIN WHEN YOU SAY, "HE SUCKED THAT GAME THOUGH."