Another reason Hollywood sucks

Hatch

This is getting ridiculous.

Hollywood can't come up with anything new, I can come up with thousands of hit movies but yet these pros can't come up with nothing new so they have to remake classics? lol.

Bank it: RoboCop will most likely be remade also sometimes in the future.

Edited by Hatchetinator

Hollywood can't come up with anything new, I can come up with thousands of hit movies but yet these pros can't come up with nothing new so they have to remake classics? lol.

RoboCop is already being remade homie. It's got a release date of 2013 though, so atleast we won't have to watch it.

Hollywood Sucks!!! There's no more creativity in Hollywood anymore. The worst part about it is that there are probably hundreds of unknown screenplays written by hundreds of unknown writers, but no one in Hollywood wants to give them a chance.

right, bunch of big hit movies that's been passed over for classic remakes, that's hollywood for ya.

Hollywood Sucks!!! There's no more creativity in Hollywood anymore. The worst part about it is that there are probably hundreds of unknown screenplays written by hundreds of unknown writers, but no one in Hollywood wants to give them a chance.

Yep. I would love to open up a studio that only accepted original scripts from mostly unknown writers. No Transformers 5 **** would ever cross my table.

Guest Regular Guy

Wonder when there will be a Dr Who movie?

Or a Breakfast club. Set in an "urban" school.

Dangerous Minds :lol: Maybe that'll be remade too!

When I first saw the trailer for Splice, the beginning of it, I thought it was going to be RoboCop. Because they were standing over the thing and operating but you were seeing from the things point of view. I was like "... no..no...no no no no!"

I'll rip someone's head off if they try to pull that.

I don't think you'd have to, not only would John Hughes roll over in his grave, he'd rise from it and feast on the flesh of those involved. ...and I'd cheer him on.

Any reason to start the zombie apocalypse, ya know.

Short Circuit is being remade, release date 2011. My link

Next they will redo Howard the Duck. :P

I agree though, what kills me their are TONS of books out there with great stories they could do and what does Hollywood do? Run back to remakes. Its Sad, whats really sad when they try to remake classics. :( Like classics that should NOT be remade. Not meaning Short Curcuit by any means was a classic( like the Pink Panther), but you know what I mean. Short Circuit was a decent little B rated movie, the kind you watch on HBO when nothings on. I wouldn't pay to go see it, even when it was new. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon

I don't think you'd have to, not only would John Hughes roll over in his grave, he'd rise from it and feast on the flesh of those involved. ...and I'd cheer him on.

Any reason to start the zombie apocalypse, ya know.

Ya know, that sounds like a solid Hollywood pitch. You gonna use it?

They made movies from Stephen King's work, why not Dean Koontz? Yeah, I know he's kinda "hacky" and some of his stuff is cheesy/plausible. But at least there's some interesting story lines there that could be developed. Better than re-hash, anyway.

Pretty sure RoboCop has already been greenlighted my friend.