Early Fantasy Football Sleepers

Nice ! thanks for sharing, you seem pretty into it, you should get on the list for FalconsFantasyFootball.com

http://football25.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/43813

Shoot falcoholic a PM

Yea, I've seen that league before. It's insane how detailed it is. I just don't know if I want to join cuz then I'd have too many leagues and it starts to become hard to keep track of. I'll see though, maybe I will change my mind. Thanks.

Wouldn't call John Carlson a sleeper.

Matt Forte is someone who is down in a lot of rankings. I can see him bouncing back this season.

John Carlson is a sleeper because he is ranked 238th by Yahoo. That's not even close to being drafted since most leagues have between 150-200 picks. He is definitely under the radar and can be drafted really late.

Matt Forte was my favorite RB in the 08 draft class and I actually wanted the Falcons to draft him before we signed Turner. He had a great rookie year but a terrible sophomore year. I don't really see him rebounding. His problems we're Chicago's poor offensive line and it still hasn't been upgraded. Martz likes to run a pass heavy offense so that again is a negative for Forte and now he's got Chester Taylor behind him stealing carries. As much as I like him, I would stay away from him this year.

Link to Sleepers - http://ogdraft.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/fantasy-football-sleepers/

Link to Super Sleepers - http://ogdraft.wordpress.com/2010/06/26/fantasy-football-super-sleepers/

Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming!

Edited by Snelling44

John Carlson is a sleeper because he is ranked 238th by Yahoo. That's not even close to being drafted since most leagues have between 150-200 picks. He is definitely under the radar and can be drafted really late.

Matt Forte was my favorite RB in the 08 draft class and I actually wanted the Falcons to draft him before we signed Turner. He had a great rookie year but a terrible sophomore year. I don't really see him rebounding. His problems we're Chicago's poor offensive line and it still hasn't been upgraded. Martz likes to run a pass heavy offense so that again is a negative for Forte and now he's got Chester Taylor behind him stealing carries. As much as I like him, I would stay away from him this year.

Link to Sleepers - http://ogdraft.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/fantasy-football-sleepers/

Link to Super Sleepers - http://ogdraft.wordpress.com/2010/06/26/fantasy-football-super-sleepers/

Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming!

Carlson is ranked inside the top 12 of TE's on many rankings. He'll be active on Sundays in most leagues

Forte had knee issues and his workload from his rookie season and his time at Tulane kind of caught up to him.

Martz likes to use a versatile RB and the soon to be 31 year Taylor is just depth.

Carlson is ranked inside the top 12 of TE's on many rankings. He'll be active on Sundays in most leagues

Forte had knee issues and his workload from his rookie season and his time at Tulane kind of caught up to him.

Martz likes to use a versatile RB and the soon to be 31 year Taylor is just depth.

Well Carlson is listed 15th by ESPN, 14h by NFL.com and 21st by Yahoo in terms of TE rankings and those are the three major ones most people use to make their leagues. I think he has a chance of being a Top 5 TE this year. That's why I have him as a sleeper. He is ranked way below what I project him to have stat wise.

As for Forte he could have a bounce back year and you could be right. If you feel that way you should definitely draft him, don't go against your gut. I just think he won't have that great of a year.

Well Carlson is listed 15th by ESPN, 14h by NFL.com and 21st by Yahoo in terms of TE rankings and those are the three major ones most people use to make their leagues. I think he has a chance of being a Top 5 TE this year. That's why I have him as a sleeper. He is ranked way below what I project him to have stat wise.

As for Forte he could have a bounce back year and you could be right. If you feel that way you should definitely draft him, don't go against your gut. I just think he won't have that great of a year.

I guess the debate on Carlson is more of a debate on the term sleeper. My idea of a TE sleeper would be Rob Gronkowski. He's on a passing team with little in the way of incumbents at the position and has a QB searching for a new best buddy(Wleker bad knee-Moss moody and aging)

As for Forte, I think I`ll go hard on WR/QB depending on draft position because all of these shared RB positions are really dangerous.

I guess the debate on Carlson is more of a debate on the term sleeper. My idea of a TE sleeper would be Rob Gronkowski. He's on a passing team with little in the way of incumbents at the position and has a QB searching for a new best buddy(Wleker bad knee-Moss moody and aging)

As for Forte, I think I`ll go hard on WR/QB depending on draft position because all of these shared RB positions are really dangerous.

I guess it is our definition. I know mine might be a little different than other peoples and I've heard that a lot lol.

I usually like to take RB's early and BPA but i think this year i will lean more towards WR's at the top. I just don't like any of the mid-round WR's that much.