A year ago, the best entertainer of the land died

#1 pick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told my wife after she woke up from a nap that the most famous man in the world died. She threw names at me for half an hour before I started giving her clues and her jaw dropped when I told her who it was.

He literally was the most famous man alive and the months of follow up on the news and evening specials kind of proved me right.

There are a lot of wasted tears, IMO, but there wasn't a corner of the planet that wasn't aware of who he was.

I told my wife after she woke up from a nap that the most famous man in the world died. She threw names at me for half an hour before I started giving her clues and her jaw dropped when I told her who it was.

He literally was the most famous man alive and the months of follow up on the news and evening specials kind of proved me right.

There are a lot of wasted tears, IMO, but there wasn't a corner of the planet that wasn't aware of who he was.

lol @ Magic saying the best moment of his life was eating KFC on the floor with MJ. Dude was the celebrity that even A-list celebrities would get star struck by. There aren't too many living icons left on that level if any.

An interesting individual to be sure, I just wonder how many people that now "celebrate" MJ would have admitted to being fans on 6/24/09. MJ was huge in the 80's and earl 90's but within the U.S. there are very few people that followed his WHOLE career.

Anyone else remember this mess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF89npFbn8g

The video alone writes it's own jokes.

An interesting individual to be sure, I just wonder how many people that now "celebrate" MJ would have admitted to being fans on 6/24/09. MJ was huge in the 80's and earl 90's but within the U.S. there are very few people that followed his WHOLE career.

Very true. I remember when Johnny Cash died all these people were coming out and pretending to be life long fans. Every celebrity had something to say and I was thinking to myself "A year ago, you wouldn't even let the old guy into one of your VIP parties"

That game was awesome btw.

Very true. I remember when Johnny Cash died all these people were coming out and pretending to be life long fans. Every celebrity had something to say and I was thinking to myself "A year ago, you wouldn't even let the old guy into one of your VIP parties"

That game was awesome btw.

Good example, it's almost laughable. I'm telling you the looks people would have gotten blasting MJ on 6/24 would have been a lot different compared to 6/25.

I couldn't stand the Sega Genesis version of Moonwalker, the arcade version was pretty good though.

A thread wishing a child molestor to rest in peace. Ok then

What's a molestor? Not for nothing but he was never found guilty of any crimes. Was MJ weird? Yes. Was he eccentric? All day long. Could you draw personal opinions that they guy hurt children? Yes, but he was never found guilty of anything. Also, the more you hear about the family he paid, the more you have to question their motives and what really happened.

Guest Regular Guy

What??? Will Ferrel and/or Vince Vaughn DIED last year?

I need to go to other places online more often. I feel as if a boulder has been dropped on me. Sad day..............

:P

dude doesnt deserve to RIP.

Why, because hes black?

Funny how I never hear the same said about Elvis, yet he was messing around with an underage girl in Priscilla.

People hated Mike because he was real, but they cant change anything though. Michael is loved around the world, and nothing Americans can say about him will change that.

thriller_michael_jackson1.jpg

What's a molestor? Not for nothing but he was never found guilty of any crimes. Was MJ weird? Yes. Was he eccentric? All day long. Could you draw personal opinions that they guy hurt children? Yes, but he was never found guilty of anything. Also, the more you hear about the family he paid, the more you have to question their motives and what really happened.

excellent post 67

Man, this STILL makes me sad.

You know what was cool? The day after MJ died (RIP), everyone in southwest Atlanta was playing his songs. Young, old, black, white, whatever; everyone was playing his music. It wasn't just V103 or 95.5 the beat, but it was people playing cd's, tapes (in older cars), and mp3's. People were playing his songs in cafes, restaurants, their homes/apartments... all over the place. Nobody was told to do this, they/we just did it out of remembrance. If you drove up next to someone playing it, they looked at you and acknowledged what you/they were doing and it was cool; real cool.

Someone will bring up the pedophilia stuff (like they did when he died) and sway things. However, he was our greatest entertainer EVER.

I mean, think of all the people in the entertainment industry in this country. Nobody is in the same league as him.

It is hard to even compare his success to other venues.

Michael Jackson to entertainment > David Beckham to sports

Michael Jackson to entertainment > Bill Gates to computers

Michael Jackson to entertainment > John Williams to composing

Michael Jackson to entertainment > Meryl Streep to acting

His music will live on for centuries. I doubt any of us will have that kind of legacy.

I'm going to listen to Beat it now and groove out.

Michael Jackson to entertainment > David Beckham to sports

Michael Jackson to entertainment > Bill Gates to computers

Michael Jackson to entertainment > John Williams to composing

Michael Jackson to entertainment > Meryl Streep to acting

Michael Jackson to entertainment > Michael Jackson to pedophilia

That game was great. Even the dogs would be mesmerized by the dance when Mike went into his "special move".

RIP to the greatest entertainer I've ever seen.