BP is screwed

Who is Fred Levin, hes one of the best trial lawyers in the world and lives in Pensacola. He-ll he owns half the town. If Fred gets them their going to be seriously hurting. Good for them, Tony Heyward is going to wish to God he didn't screw with Pensacola. :P The little people have a BITE. :P He lives there.

If you don't believe me look at what Fred Levins law firm has won verdict wise below. Can we say Rich?

OIL SPILL IN THE GULF OF MEXICO

Update June 15, 2010 - Levin Papantonio files RICO case against BP

Levin Papantonio is currently investigating the BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico. A class action complaint has been filed and the attorneys at Levin Papantonio are ready to address the concerns of the public. Please contact us toll free at 888-435-7001.

On April 20, 2010, the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded on the Outer Continental Shelf in the Gulf of Mexico. At the time of the explosion, British Petroleum attempted to allay peoples' concerns by publicly stating the well was not actively leaking. Within days, BP began to tell the public that the well was leaking 1,000 barrels of sweet crude oil per day. The public was also told that remote operated vehicles were in the water and would activate the blowout preventer thus sealing the well head and stopping the leak. Now that these efforts have failed, BP has been forced to acknowledge that 5,000 barrels of oil (210,000 gallons) per day are being released into the Gulf of Mexico.

The primary solutions offered now are to install a dome over the areas of the leaking pipeline and pump the oil into vessels on the surface and to drill a relief well that will remove some of the pressure from the leaking pipeline and will allow a heavy fluid and concrete mix to be injected into the well to cap it. The dome solution has never been tested at the depths of the present leak (~5,000 feet below the surface). The relief well solution will take months to complete.

In the meantime, residents of the Gulf Coast are forced to prepare for the impact of the oil plume onto our shores, bays, estuaries and other waterways. The residents of the Gulf Coast will be shouldering the load of the failures of BP and Transocean. The "fail-safe" devices put in place did not work, and it has become apparent that BP and Transocean did not have the appropriate contingency plans in place to prevent this type of a disaster. Our fisherman, shrimpers, oysterman, seafood marketers and distributors and all of the various businesses and residents who depend upon the tourism dollars coming to this area, are likely to be devastated.

Levin Papantonio and its attorneys have been working in the field of environmental law for decades. We are widely regarded as one of the top plaintiffs’ firms in the country as a result of our efforts on behalf of clients we have represented throughout the country. Specifically pertaining to the present catastrophe, we have handled numerous complex environmental cases on behalf of thousands of people and businesses throughout the country. Our environmental department was started and is still lead by Mike Papantonio. Mr. Papantonio has been recognized as one of the best trial lawyers in America and is a pioneer in the area of environmental law – particularly in the field of citizens and business affected by contamination. In the Pensacola area, we handled a large class action against Conoco dealing with massive groundwater contamination and successfully obtained a settlement of nearly $100 million for the residents. We also tried to verdict the class case of Perrine, et al. v. DuPont and obtained a nearly $400 million verdict on behalf of a class of 8,000 residents whose properties were contaminated with arsenic, cadmium and lead. As one more example, Levin Papantonio is currently lead class counsel in a class action against Raytheon for diminution in property value caused by groundwater contamination. In short, our firm has extensive experience with the types of claims for damages that will be required against British Petroleum, Transocean, Haliburton and others as a result of this catastrophe. We also have the financial wherewithal to stand toe to toe with these companies in order to best protect our clients’ rights.

http://www.levinlaw.com/PracticeAreas/BP-Oil-Spill-Lawsuit.php

A History of Our Verdicts & Settlements

Mass Tort/Product Liability

•$1 Billion Verdict in Go-Kart Burn Case

•$480 Million Verdict in Defective Single-Engine Aircraft

•$42 Million Verdict in Rezulin Case

•$11.1 Million Settlement in Phenylpropanolamine Cases

•$10 Million Verdict in Accutane IBD Case

•$10 Million Verdict in Asbestos Case

•$7.25 Million Verdict in Defective Exercise Equipment Case

•$7.0 Million Verdict in Accutane IBD Case

•$3.5 Million Verdict in Defective Tire Case

•$3.2 Million Verdict in Defective Dump Truck Case

•$2.4 Million Verdict in Mismatched Boat Engine Case

•$2 Million Verdict in Prescription Drug Case

Personal Injury/Wrongful Death

•$380 Million Verdict in Environmental Case

•$31 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice Case

•$30 Million Verdict in Tobacco Case

•$25 Million Verdict in Brain Injury Case

•$22 Million Verdict in Brain Injury Case

•$18 Million Verdict in Train Derailment

•$13 Million Verdict in Automobile Accident

•$12.0 Million Judgment in Brain Injury Case

•$11.5 Million Verdict in Dental Malpractice

•$9.23 Million Verdict in Brain Injury Case

•$9 Million in Tobacco Case

•$8 Million Verdict in Medical Malpractice

•$8 Million Verdict in DRAM Shop Case

•$5 Million Verdict in Airplane Crash

•$4.8 Million Verdict in Trucking Accident

•$4.3 Million Verdict in Electrocution Case

•$3.8 Million Verdict in Railroad Crossing Collision

•$3.25 Million Verdict in Privacy Invasion Case

•$2.4 Million Verdict in Trucking Accident Case

•$2.2 Million Verdict in Negligent Sale of Ammunition

•$2 Million Verdict in Toxic Waste Case

•$1.8 Million Verdict Against Federal Govt. for Negligence

•$1.5 Million Verdict in Rape Case

•$1.5 Million Verdict Against State Govt. for Negligence

•$1.4 Million Verdict in Slip and Fall

•$1.2 Million Verdict in Automobile Accident

•$1.2 Million Verdict in Bus Accident

•$1.2 Million Verdict in Forklift Accident

•$1.1 Million Settlement in defective bench grinder case

•$1.0 Million Verdict Against County Govt. for Negligence

•$1.0 Million Verdict Against Commercial Carrier Corporation

Securities Litigation

•$42 Million Verdict in Fraud/RICO Case

•$21 Million Verdict in Discrimination Case

•$10 Million Verdict in Breach of Contract Case

•$3.6 Million Verdict in Negligent Publication of Toll Free Number

•$1 Million Verdict in Discrimination Case

Insurance Bad Faith

•$7.0 Million Verdict Against Hartford Insurance Company

•$7.0 Million Verdict Against Auto-Owners Insurance Company

•$3.6 Million Verdict Against Utah Home Fire Insurance Company

•$3.3 Million Verdict Against State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance Company

•$2.7 Million Verdict Against Fireman's Fund Insurance Company

•$2.6 Million Verdict Against Zurich American Insurance Company.

•$2.4 Million Verdict Against Fla. Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company

•$1.5 Million Verdict Against Aetna Casualty and Surety Co.

http://www.levinlaw.com/FirmOverview/A-History-of-Our-Verdicts.php

Edited by nativefalcon

Whoa, thats an impressive list. He may own the town when all is said and done, but it will be a town with oily beaches & benzene in the air.

I get your drift tho...somebody definitely needs to pay for this disaster. I wish we could get a real investigation into this but it will never happen.

Just some of the coincidences that seem suspicious...

1-Hayward selling shares right before this happened

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/7804922/BP-chief-Tony-Hayward-sold-shares-weeks-before-oil-spill.html

2-Halliburton doing some sub work, and had just conveniently purchased boots & coots (oil cleanup company)

3-Goldman sachs sold 44% of BP stock 3 weeks before blow out

http://moneycentral.msn.com/ownership?Holding=Institutional+Ownership&Symbol=BP

& Goldman sachs shorted the Gulf of Mexico

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/goldman-sachs-reveals-it_b_558774.html

4-Schlumberger Exited Deep Horizon Hours Before Blowout

http://adropofrain.net/2010/05/rumor-schlumberger-exits-deep-horizon-hours-before-blowout/

5-oil rig workers forced to sign papers not to talk

What puzzles me is why aren't they also suing the Federal Government? Afterall, it's the Federal Government who's department of interior failed to carry out safety inspections as regulations stated they should. To me, the Fed is just as culpable as BP is...

Good Point---cappy

I am sick and tired of how BP says "we" the public are responsible too because they are simply responding to demand despite environmental risk---thats like saying RJ Reynolds makes cigarettes only because the public wants them with no concern for human health

Edited by Nono

Been a while since we had a good nutjob conspiracy theory around here... Welcome back, Lee...

Gotcha covered, bud. Here's a conspiracy for ya, that might raise more suspicion.

"

There is a company called NALCO. They make water purification systems and chemical dispersements. NALCO is based in Chicago with subsidiaries in Brazil, Russia, India, China and Indonesia. NALCO is associated with U [of] Chicago Argonne program. U [of] Chicago Argonne received $164 million dollars in stimulus funds this past year. U [of] Chicago Argonne just added two new executives to their roster. One from NALCO. The other from the Ill. Dept of Education.

If you dig a little deeper you will find NALCO is also associated with Warren Buffett, Maurice Strong, Al Gore, Soros, Apollo, Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Hathaway Berkshire. Warren Buffet /Hathaway Berkshire increased their holdings in NALCO just last November. (Timing is everything).

The dispersement chemical is known as Corexit. What it does is hold the oil below the water’s surface. It is supposed to break up the spill into smaller pools. It is toxic and banned in Europe. NALCO says they are using older and newer versions of Corexit in the Gulf.. (Why would you need a newer version, if the old one was fine?) There is big money and even bigger players in this scam. While they are letting the oil blow wide open into the Gulf, the stakes and profit rise."

http://anticorruptionsociety.com/2010/06/02/the-real-reason-oil-still-flows-into-gulf/

Attorneys are probably mad about the oild spill because there is only room for one gigantic lifesucking greasy conglomeration in town.

I'm not defending every lawyer by any means, but like Unions, without them conditions for the average American would be far worse than they are now.

What puzzles me is why aren't they also suing the Federal Government? Afterall, it's the Federal Government who's department of interior failed to carry out safety inspections as regulations stated they should. To me, the Fed is just as culpable as BP is...

First, you cant sue the Federal Govt.

Second, BP are the ones who knew better, but as is their nature they threw caution to the wind and wrecked a good portion of the Gulf Coast. Industry has to take their role as good citizens with dead seriousness, especially when they control the fortunes of millions of people in their hands. When you run red lights on regular basis you might get by with it time after time but sooner or later your luck will run out and their might be deadly consequences. They not only hurt an entire region, they just killed some people. I believe that when businesses do things the right way, they should flourish and get rich beyond their wildest dreams. Cross the line and you deserve whatever you get.

No, but I am about to start law school. :unsure:

Don't hate me. I'm doing it for good, not evil, I swear. :(

Atl Bear I found this article on their website, I have a relative thats a family friend of Fred Levins, his claim to fame in the lawyer world, was about 20 or so years ago, a Navy Seal diver was sick had a cold or something and didn't want to go diving, we'll the navy forced him and he died. Fred sued the U.S. govt and the verdict was like 30 million, but he was like one of the first lawyers to get the US Govt to pay up. The rest is history. The govt and all govts had I forgot something they would stand behind and he broke it down. Dave might know what I'm talking about. Its like suing the govt over something a police officer has done. A lot of times you can't, even if hes dead to rights.

Put it this way if I was going to law school and was trying to find a firm to work at, I would be trying my best to get on at his place. They took over the old city hall at Pensacola, its a 5 story building full of lawyers. Yaa if you have a tort case, like suing big tobacco, their your people.

Hes also the on the side Roy Jones Jrs boxing owner and about 20 others.

I bet their going to be the ones spearheading this case because its their home. ;)

Also if you ever been to Pensacola you would realize it, its gorgeous, they have had the military there and never had to rely on tourism so its not covered in signs like Panama City is, my sister lived there for about 11 years and I can't believe how trashed its getting. Screw BP. ;)

Edited by nativefalcon