Falcon Fans that live out of town

ghoticov

I moved from Atlanta, GA to Fresno, CA last year. Last year I was able to get DirecTV and subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket. This year, because of trees surrounding my house, I cannot get DirecTV. I wish DirecTV offered a way to PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL games on the internet, I would pay for it.

So my question is how do you "out of towners" watch the games with having NFL Sunday Ticket?

As many know, I have been around these boards since ummmm....whew.. about the year 2000 and I have seen people talk about it but I never paid much attention being that I lived in Atlanta at the time.

So help a fellow fan out... what's the best way to catch a game? A local bar? Sirius Satellite Radio? Streaming 92.9Dave FM Online? PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL the games online?

Marc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually hit up Buffalo Wild Wings or my local sports bar(Wrigley Field). I live in Ft. Wayne IN and it's impossible to get a clean sat. signal. I have cable with NFL Redzone, and I'll hop online(NFL.com). I'm usually at the bar though. Saves me money on sunday ticket, plus i don't have to clean up.

I moved from Atlanta, GA to Fresno, CA last year. Last year I was able to get DirecTV and subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket. This year, because of trees surrounding my house, I cannot get DirecTV. I wish DirecTV offered a way to PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL games on the internet, I would pay for it.

So my question is how do you "out of towners" watch the games with having NFL Sunday Ticket?

As many know, I have been around these boards since ummmm....whew.. about the year 2000 and I have seen people talk about it but I never paid much attention being that I lived in Atlanta at the time.

So help a fellow fan out... what's the best way to catch a game? A local bar? Sirius Satellite Radio? Streaming 92.9Dave FM Online? PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL the games online?

Marc

Hey, I know this is probably not logical, but i would cut them da*n trees down!!! Even if I lived on the middle of the forest, I would cut them all down! :lol: No way I miss the Falcons game. But thank God for the NfL sunday ticket!

My only choice is streams as there is no other way to watch unless we have a monday night game, plus not going to bars as most games start around 7am lol there are a few sites that you can use im sure someone will let you know the best ones. but bewarned they usually go down so you need atleast 3-4 sites so you can quick switch and not miss anything :lol:

Well normally I wouldn't respond to a post like this but because you posted up Fresno I had to. I have at least 12 relatives that still live in the No. Been visiting them since 1965.

Was out there as recently as Dec 2009. The No has a special place in my heart. Even drove there from ATL Twice. Son is traveling there in three weeks for a hiking trip at Yosemite.

Blackstone, Ft. Washington, Lost Lake, Clovis bring back so many memories.

PM me if you need a Direct TV spot to watch the games. I can get some of my peeps to hook you up. Very prominent people. Docs, police captains, lawyers, real estate agents, models, ex ball players and even hard luck people with a Direct TV hook up.

Only for you Ghoticov. Even though you hated on me for years. Anything for a real Falcon fan.

Anyway, whatever you do make sure it's legal. No torrents or jack tracks. Go with NFL Ticket or NFL Rewind if you can. Keep it legal. Don't jack. You can see all the Falcon games there.

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

I live in Knoxville Tennessee and I watch the Falcons on TV, I usually always get NFC South games on Fox, and last year I got all of our games on TV with the exception of Tampa(both times) and Buffalo...The Miami game was'nt on either, but I was at that game..

Edited by Bill4Falcons

I have cut down several trees/branches when i was living in apartments. I always made sure I had an apartment that was facing the correct way. One late Saturday night, after a long night at the bar I went out there with a hatchet to cut off one branch that was blocking the local channels, which the Falcons happened to be playing on the next day. It took **** near an hour, I was drunk....it was CRAZY loud. But I got the job done!. A) Im surprised I didnt get arrested, or at least a police visit B) I am surprised/glad I didnt hurt myself. The other time I had a tree that would mess up the reception when the wind would blow, that time I just happened to pay city landscapers $40 cash to hook me up....much easier and much quieter, since it kind looked official, well more official then me up in the tree with a hatchet. Point is.....kill the tree/eliminate the branch causing the interference, plant another one, watch the Falcons and spend $15 on an 18 pack instead of $15 on 4 or 5 beers.

Just my 2cents

Ray Lewis

ghoticov,

I live in Portland, OR.

If I can't get to a bar, I have about 5 or 6 pirate websites I rely on. ph34r.gif

It sucks, but it's what I need to do to see my Falcons.

I would suggest going another route if at all possible. They are not 100% reliable, plus the illegal factor, but if you want me to PM you all the links I use I'd be happy to do so!

By the start of the season, some that I use may even be dead. I went through that last year when my most favorite and reliable site went down.sad.giftongue.gif

If ya gotta "Jack" then ya got to. If you are indeed a fan you become very inventive to be able to watch/hear the games. I have cut trees, put up bigger antennas and even rode around in my car to get a radio signal.

Edited because I was wrong :)

Edited by Greg M

Marc

Word you central cali livin' now? i lived there for like ten years as a kid. live up north by Santa Cruz now.

I usually hit up Buffalo Wild Wings or my local sports bar(Wrigley Field). I live in Ft. Wayne IN and it's impossible to get a clean sat. signal. I have cable with NFL Redzone, and I'll hop online(NFL.com). I'm usually at the bar though. Saves me money on sunday ticket, plus i don't have to clean up.

your not too far from me at all... i live in sidney ohio at the moment bout 20 mins north of dayton. But in the fall i move to lima ohio for school...

I hit up buffalo wild wings on sundays... Its cheaper than redzone....

Marc

Well when you get NFL sunday ticket you can also have the option to watch the games live on your computer and Iphone App....It comes with SuperFan and this year superfan is free and comes with NFL sunday ticket....So you could get it and just use the internet part I guess lol

My least favorite thing about the NFL is the exclusive rights they give to Sprint and Direct TV. I use an iPhone, so there are no NFL apps, that let you watch games or highlights. My apartment can only use Comcast, so I either watch RedZone or go across the street to the Sports Bar. Thanks goodness there is a Sports Bar across the street, I'd go insane if I lived in the boonies.

It seems to me, that if the NFL offered a $20 pay-per view for watch non-market game available on most cable and satellite systems, they'd make a lot more money than getting people to shell $300 or $400 extra bucks a year for a few months of programming. I would love to be able to watch my home team, and I'd have no problem shelling out a few bucks a game to do so.

By spending my Sundays at the Sports Bar, the NFL is making me an weekend alcoholic.

Well when you get NFL sunday ticket you can also have the option to watch the games live on your computer and Iphone App....It comes with SuperFan and this year superfan is free and comes with NFL sunday ticket....So you could get it and just use the internet part I guess lol

I came here to say this as well. If you have a good connection, the DirecTV app is pretty decent quality.

if you can ever get DirecTV again this is what you need to do:

Have DirecTV install your system. A day or two later call up DirecTV and tell them you need to update your service address to an Atlanta area address. If you have any relatives or friends, use theirs. The address just needs to be valid. You can even keep your billing address the same. Once you do this, you will have Atlanta local channels and wala...all ATL Falcon games and even WXIA local coverage for bonus coverage. As a falcon fan this is better than sunday ticket.

I live in Alabama and have done this for the past six years because i wanted HD local channels...

Living in (yechhhh) Panty Land, I have the luxury of going onto Ft. Bragg and watching all the Falcons' games at their cool *** sportsbar. B) If, for any reason, the game isn't shown there, I have a website (whose name escapes me at the moment) that I can go to in order to watch the game. Since we have to play the Panties, I'm guaranteed to see at least two Falcons games per year without having to leave the house.