College World Series Thread.

SacFalcFan

Have a nice flight back home Clemson. We still have business to handle in Omaha.

Those last couple of batters for Clemson had me on pins and needles. When our left fielder fell over the bull-pen pitchers mound and then the batter got a hit I was certain that we were doomed. And thank goodness for that great play by our 1st baseman for the final out.

I'm certainly happy about sending Clemson home and beating them on back to back nights for the second time in 8 years in the CWS, but that UCLA team is frightning(sp) and the pitching staff is monsterous. It's gonna be real tough to pull that series out, IMO. Fingers crossed... :rolleyes:

Tanner owns Leggett in the significant games. I'm not sure there's a single Clemson athletic team that handles pressure well. I was hoping being the underdog could get the baseball team to win it all, but once South Carolina beat Oklahoma, the pressure was back on and the team would get tight again (just like every other CWS Clemson has been in).

Gamecocks take game one 7-1 :o Came very close to getting a complete game 1 hit shutout from Blake Cooper.

One down one to go. Still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping we can finish this and bring the title back home to Columbia with us. I'm unfamiliar with being this close to winning a championship and I'm not sure what to do or how to behave.

Gamecocks take game one 7-1 :o Came very close to getting a complete game 1 hit shutout from Blake Cooper.

One down one to go. Still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping we can finish this and bring the title back home to Columbia with us. I'm unfamiliar with being this close to winning a championship and I'm not sure what to do or how to behave.

that is great.. i missed the game tonight.. will this be your first championship in any of the big sports?

I feel the same about not knowing how to act right now. Im going to miss part of the game tomorrow due to class which sucks. Huge win and great showing by Cooper tonight. I didnt know what to expect from him, but we have been doubted the whole postseason and still have won.

Yes Sac this would be our first in any big sport.

I feel the same about not knowing how to act right now. Im going to miss part of the game tomorrow due to class which sucks. Huge win and great showing by Cooper tonight. I didnt know what to expect from him, but we have been doubted the whole postseason and still have won.

Well normally a UGA fan but never hurts to bring another one here to the good ole SEC let's go Gamecocks. I'm glad for the entire group that entire athletic program just never seems to bust through that wall this is their chance. I believe long term other good things to come for SC

that is great.. i missed the game tonight.. will this be your first championship in any of the big sports?

IF WE WIN IT, it will be our first championship. Still not counting on it though. That UCLA pitching staff is full of live arms. I believe two of the pitchers were drafted quite high and the other one is a finalist for the Golden Spikes award. I just gotta keep hoping; can't begin to expect anything good to happen to my team. :o

You know, I'm thinking I will not tune in until the game has been going for at least an hour or so. It's pathetic I know, but I've learned to accept that I am a bad luck omen for the Gamecocks and that they fall apart as soon as I begin to watch a game on television or if I actually allow myself to believe they are going to win. I'm pretty sure I lost the Papa Johns bowl for us, and I'm certain that I'm the reason the Gamecocks got put out of the NCAA tournament in the 1st round that year we were a 2 or 3 seed going in.

In my opinion, you might be better off than me in this situation. You have something to prevent you from watching it whereas I have to deal with the dilemma of whether to risk sinking my team because I got selfish and tried to actually watch them play. I'm virtually certain that I am poison to them.

Don't you think the professor will consider ending the class early in order to allow the students to watch the game? I can't imagine that a prof. would be so inconsiderate as to keep the students in the calss from watching the game.

Well normally a UGA fan but never hurts to bring another one here to the good ole SEC let's go Gamecocks. I'm glad for the entire group that entire athletic program just never seems to bust through that wall this is their chance. I believe long term other good things to come for SC

Well I certainly hope that good things are on the way. But good things seem always to be "on the way to Carolina" and I guess they somehow get lost on the highways and end up going somewhere else.

I really hope everyone here can pull hard for us. If so, I might be comfortable trying to watch the game. My hand is cramping into a permanent claw from keeping these fingers crossed continuously for so long. :D