Week 12 vs Tampa Bay Game Analysis

- Norwood 1st game back.

- Turner back from high ankle sprain.

- Owens 1st start at CB.

- 1st pass to Roddy nearly picked by Talib who shadows White for most of the game.

- Ryan steps up and to the right and is sacked from behind and injures toe out for game.

- TJ busts through the line TFL.

- Lofton and Nicholas team up and stuff Graham at the line.

- Redman in for Ryan. Ronde comes on a blitz untouched and hits Turner as he gets the balll.

- Redman takes off on one play on a scramble and gains 6 yards and goes head on with a LB not afraid to mix it up. Camera focuses in on JPW on the sidelines and you can read his lips he says " WTF is he doing?" lol.

- Redman hits big 3rd and 16 to Gonzo.

- Redman holds onto ball and sacked. Coverage sack more than likely.

- Redman trips and falls down and is sacked.

- Baker beat by a dip move and Redman sacked. (4th sack of game)

- Elam hits 45 yd FG 3-0 Atlanta.

- Biermann hits Cadillac at the line for no gain. Good play.

- Norwood good 18 yd gain up the left middle. Looked liked the old J Wood.

- Shovel pass to Norwood for TD untouched all the way to the endzone. Great burst up the middle. 10-0 Atlanta.

- Freeman completes a 39 yd pass to Bryant with DeCoud in coverage, Then on the next play a 41 yd TD pass to Bryant beating Hill in coverage. 10-7 Atlanta.

- Redman sacked again Svitek beat (5th sack of the half).

- Houston reads screen and TFL.

- Bucs 39 yd FG at end of half 10-10.

- Abe nearly sacks Freeman, but Freeman steps up and Abe runs past him. At the sidelines he throws his helmet in frustration.

- Dahl goes out and Romberg comes in at RG.

- Corey Lynch blocks punt. He jukes Coleman badly who is the protector. Ball on our 9 yd line for Bucs.

- Cadillac beats Lofton on an out route for the TD. 17-10 Bucs.

- Turner big 18 yd run and reinjures ankle on very next play.

- Ronde blitz comes free and sacks Redman (6th sack of game).

- Elam FG 17-13 Bucs.

- Abe pressures and almost sacks, but is held and gets the call and JA98 almost picks up the sack regardless.

- Biermann TFL on Ward.

- Snelling loses fumble in Bucs territory.

- JA98 and Babs nice TFL.

- Abe nearly sacks Freeman again.

- V. Walker pressures Freeman out of pocket.

- Bucs fake punt unsuccessful.

- Babs sack/FF on 3rd down, but Bucs recover. Big play.

- 4th and 4 on Bucs 34 Redman to Gonzo to pick up 1st down.

- Elam misses 43 yd FG 6:38 left 17-13 Bucs.

- Owens comes up in run support for a nice tackle at the line.

- JA98 does a good job of shedding block to make tackle.

- 51 yd FG barely missed by Bucs 2:30 left 17-13 Bucs.

- Great drive for Redman and Gonzo. They hook up 3 times.

- Big holding penalty on CB Roberson on 3rd and goal.

- 4th and goal at 5 yd line :26 left. Redman to Roddy on a slant route for the TD. Huge catch and pretty good coverage by Roberson.

Final 20-17.

Other Notes:

- Jenkins had a great game today.

- Our defense really picked it up in the 3rd quarter.

- Worst game for our offensive line. Probably had alot to do with Ryan being out as well as Dahl and Baker. And there coverage was very good also.

- Tampa Bay is going to be good in a few years. DT Roy Miller who was a rookie this past season had a great game for them and they just added McCoy and Price who is very underrated. Then they get their #1 and #2 WR's with Benn and Williams. I think they had one of the best drafts this year.

Thanks for the write up. Man, that series in the red zone for our winning touchdown was insane... The PI call and then Roddy's TD catch in heavy traffic on 4th & 5.

I would have to agree with you about the Bucs as well. They got two of the top DTs and one of the best WRs in the draft. Not to mention that Aqib Talib is one of the best up-and-coming corners in the NFL.

Thanks for the write up. Man, that series in the red zone for our winning touchdown was insane... The PI call and then Roddy's TD catch in heavy traffic on 4th & 5.

I would have to agree with you about the Bucs as well. They got two of the top DTs and one of the best WRs in the draft. Not to mention that Aqib Talib is one of the best up-and-coming corners in the NFL.

Yep, and they already have a beast DT with Roy Miller. He had an awesome game against us. With those 3 guys at DT that has the potential to be one of the best rotation of DT's in the league.

And Williams from Syracuse is pretty underrated as well. He was a 4th round pick as opposed to Benn who was a 2nd. From what I have read, Williams is looking great so far. Now we shouldn't expect huge numbers from either guy this year, but they definitley have done a good job building their team.

Good write up. Here are my GBU notes:

THE GOOD

-Redman is the man. 250 yards, 2 TDs, Game winning drive. Nice touch. Handled the hits

-Run defense shows up in second straight week. Front seven is ballin

-Turnover ratio even

-Busterson, played his as off. 5 tackles and a QH

-Babineaux is our best Dlinemen by far. Another 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and a PD

-Koenan did a good job

-Wildwood is back. Still wanna cut him? I'm jus askin

-Weems had a nice 18 yard punt return

-Wire and The Beer Man are absolute beasts on STs

-Lofton had eight more tackles

-The 25% third down defense was a nice sight

-The field position the DEF and STs got on the last three drives was sick (avg ATL 40)

-176 net passing yards

-Jenkins has two straight good weeks. Ugh oh

-Weems is working his way into the line up. Him, Wildwood and Harry will be murder

-Ryan got another win as a starter. He is now 17-10

-Ryan needs one win in his next three starts to bypass Vick as winningest Falcon QB

-I like the full house backfields. Should try some sets with Snelling and Norwood too

-This will probably be another NFL Replay game. This time a win!!!!!

-Weems is a good kick returner. Need Harry at PR but Weems can return kick offs

-The DBs played a decent game

-Defense played well. I believe we will go as far as they take us. Two big ones comin up

-Chevis Regal finally showed up

-Loved the stupid TB punt fake that took out their punter. Huge impact

-Gonzo went off for the second straight week

-Roddy made a game winning catch. Finally.

THE BAD

-Let a rook go 20/29, 250 yards, 2 TDs and a 118.5 PR. With McNabb and Brees comin in

-Gave up a 21 yard PR

-Lofton better get his coverage down

-OLine gave up 6 sacks, 8 hits and 10 TFLs. Sorry. This is a problem folks. Trust me

-Abe was close again but no real production. Get her done son

-Gave up three more 20+ pass plays. Much better than the seven from last week though

-Norwood got our only 20+ yard offensive play

-Didn't start fast

-No pressure on QB. Again. This is a problem folks. Where is the pressure Smitty wants?

-Wasted three or four time outs. Terrible

-Redman better learn how to slide on the scrambles

-Trye Hill needs to go back to STL where he belongs

-Grimes lost his job for the fourth time. Geez

-Chauncey started for Abe. We need a DE that can stop the run and rush the passer

-Booker dropped another clutch pass

THE UGLY

-Injuries to Ryan, Turner, Dahl, Baker and Owens. Abe even limped off late in the game

-Ryan has a turf toe. Murder. Deion just said on NFLN good luck with that one. I agree

-Run game shut down for second straight week. Good run defenses comin in with fresh tape

-Captain Hook snipe hooked another one. I will gladly drive him to the county line

-Trye Hill gives up a two play 85 yard drive. Dayum

-A freakin punt block? You kiddin me right? Come on Coleman

-We let an awful NFL team play us. We are playing like a 7-9 team

Smitty said that JA98 jhad 5 QB pressures that led to qb hits in this game.

You definitely touched on a couple of these in your breakdown.

Its awesome to pressure qbs, but when you also lay a hit on them it really effects a lot of them.

Smitty said that JA98 jhad 5 QB pressures that led to qb hits in this game.

You definitely touched on a couple of these in your breakdown.

Its awesome to pressure qbs, but when you also lay a hit on them it really effects a lot of them.

Yeah he did play well. That is why i am very anxious to see how he does with an offseason to devote to more time to DT.

Good write up. Here are my GBU notes:

THE GOOD

-Redman is the man. 250 yards, 2 TDs, Game winning drive. Nice touch. Handled the hits

-Run defense shows up in second straight week. Front seven is ballin

-Turnover ratio even

-Busterson, played his as off. 5 tackles and a QH

-Babineaux is our best Dlinemen by far. Another 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and a PD

-Koenan did a good job

-Wildwood is back. Still wanna cut him? I'm jus askin

-Weems had a nice 18 yard punt return

-Wire and The Beer Man are absolute beasts on STs

-Lofton had eight more tackles

-The 25% third down defense was a nice sight

-The field position the DEF and STs got on the last three drives was sick (avg ATL 40)

-176 net passing yards

-Jenkins has two straight good weeks. Ugh oh

-Weems is working his way into the line up. Him, Wildwood and Harry will be murder

-Ryan got another win as a starter. He is now 17-10

-Ryan needs one win in his next three starts to bypass Vick as winningest Falcon QB

-I like the full house backfields. Should try some sets with Snelling and Norwood too

-This will probably be another NFL Replay game. This time a win!!!!!

-Weems is a good kick returner. Need Harry at PR but Weems can return kick offs

-The DBs played a decent game

-Defense played well. I believe we will go as far as they take us. Two big ones comin up

-Chevis Regal finally showed up

-Loved the stupid TB punt fake that took out their punter. Huge impact

-Gonzo went off for the second straight week

-Roddy made a game winning catch. Finally.

THE BAD

-Let a rook go 20/29, 250 yards, 2 TDs and a 118.5 PR. With McNabb and Brees comin in

-Gave up a 21 yard PR

-Lofton better get his coverage down

-OLine gave up 6 sacks, 8 hits and 10 TFLs. Sorry. This is a problem folks. Trust me

-Abe was close again but no real production. Get her done son

-Gave up three more 20+ pass plays. Much better than the seven from last week though

-Norwood got our only 20+ yard offensive play

-Didn't start fast

-No pressure on QB. Again. This is a problem folks. Where is the pressure Smitty wants?

-Wasted three or four time outs. Terrible

-Redman better learn how to slide on the scrambles

-Trye Hill needs to go back to STL where he belongs

-Grimes lost his job for the fourth time. Geez

-Chauncey started for Abe. We need a DE that can stop the run and rush the passer

-Booker dropped another clutch pass

THE UGLY

-Injuries to Ryan, Turner, Dahl, Baker and Owens. Abe even limped off late in the game

-Ryan has a turf toe. Murder. Deion just said on NFLN good luck with that one. I agree

-Run game shut down for second straight week. Good run defenses comin in with fresh tape

-Captain Hook snipe hooked another one. I will gladly drive him to the county line

-Trye Hill gives up a two play 85 yard drive. Dayum

-A freakin punt block? You kiddin me right? Come on Coleman

-We let an awful NFL team play us. We are playing like a 7-9 team

Well what is it? Do you think the defense played good or not? There are a ton of posts in here contradicting each other. Yes the defense played pretty bad all around in the first half, but midway through the 3rd quarter our defense was playing pretty good and we were getting pressure on Freeman. We may not have got the sacks, but we most definitely had pressure.

Abe is getting pressure. Sack statistic is overrated. He nearly had a sack on one play, but was held and he got the holding penalty so he is making an impact. And on another play he pressured Freeman and almost sacked him again, but Freeman barely escaped him.

As for the Tye Hill giving up two plays that is false IMO. The first play was on Decoud. Go back and watch the game and you will see Decoud get completely turned around on the play and Tye Hill coming back to make the tackle. Unless I missed something. From what I saw Bryant ran either a deep post or deep drag from the right to the left and Hill was on the left and was way in front of Bryant. The TD catch absolutely was Hills fault, but I don't think that you can give him that 1st pass as well.

And I think you might be stretching it with calling Bookers incompletion a clutch drop. He got hit in the back as soon as the ball got there. That doesn't qualify as a drop in my book. That is more like a PBU by the LB that hit him in the back as soon as he touched the ball. Not many WRs are going to hold onto that pass.

" Sounds like someone here has an agenda to me guys " "Trust me" :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Clark Kent

Well what is it? Do you think the defense played good or not? There are a ton of posts in here contradicting each other. Yes the defense played pretty bad all around in the first half, but midway through the 3rd quarter our defense was playing pretty good and we were getting pressure on Freeman. We may not have got the sacks, but we most definitely had pressure.

Abe is getting pressure. Sack statistic is overrated. He nearly had a sack on one play, but was held and he got the holding penalty so he is making an impact. And on another play he pressured Freeman and almost sacked him again, but Freeman barely escaped him.

As for the Tye Hill giving up two plays that is false IMO. The first play was on Decoud. Go back and watch the game and you will see Decoud get completely turned around on the play and Tye Hill coming back to make the tackle. Unless I missed something. From what I saw Bryant ran either a deep post or deep drag from the right to the left and Hill was on the left and was way in front of Bryant. The TD catch absolutely was Hills fault, but I don't think that you can give him that 1st pass as well.

And I think you might be stretching it with calling Bookers incompletion a clutch drop. He got hit in the back as soon as the ball got there. That doesn't qualify as a drop in my book. That is more like a PBU by the LB that hit him in the back as soon as he touched the ball. Not many WRs are going to hold onto that pass.

" Sounds like someone here has an agenda to me guys " "Trust me" :lol::lol::lol:

Abe was not the only DL getting pressure. JA98 was constantly in the backfield and had 5 QB hits.

You don't get 5 QB hits without pressuring the QB.

I agree 100% with you about not being obsessed with the sack stat when assessing whether or not the th there was a pass rush.

There was definitely a pass rush this game. Abe and JA98 both. In fact, Smitty praised the 5 QB hits of JA98s saying this was exceptional for any DL in a single game. Heck, eveN Ffs70 acKnowledged one oF them.

Well what is it? Do you think the defense played good or not? There are a ton of posts in here contradicting each other. Yes the defense played pretty bad all around in the first half, but midway through the 3rd quarter our defense was playing pretty good and we were getting pressure on Freeman. We may not have got the sacks, but we most definitely had pressure.Abe is getting pressure.

Fair enough. The Good should have said something like the defense shut down the run game (2.6 ypc and 0 TDs) and played good pass defense after half time adjustments. Make no mistake about it they got roasted in the pass game in the first half.
Sack statistic is overrated. He nearly had a sack on one play, but was held and he got the holding penalty so he is making an impact. And on another play he pressured Freeman and almost sacked him again, but Freeman barely escaped him.
Sacks are not overrated. Trust me. At least Smitty doesn't think so. He has been begging for them from the LDE position since he got here. You let Busterson rip off a three sack game. If that happens I promise you Gazoo will come out of the freakin wood works and claim that sacks are key.
Very interesting play. In reviewing it again I tend to agree with you. DeCoud got his ankles totally broken on this play. This play was almost exactly like the Austin Miles play against Dallas. On that play Peyton and several other posters argued that this was the RCB's man. I totally disagree. This was DeCoud's man all the way. Interestingly enough PFF charged DeCoud with both plays. I agree with them.

that was a great game, even if it didn't go my way at the end. Freeman really showed some flashes this game, while caddy also had a strong showing. Some of the calls Rah was making just made NO sense to me, or anyone else for that matter. Im shocked this is on Tatf while being so... oh whats the words,"well thoughtout"? :) i think the OP did a great job, +1.

Sucks I have to wait til NOVEMBER before we can get our revenge... and we will get our revenge. :)

- Tampa Bay is going to be good in a few years.

It may not take that long.

Everyone said the same thing about us after our 2008 draft, the same year we posted an 11-5 record.

"They'll be good in a few years" does not really apply in todays NFL. Teams have a much shorter window of opportunity to be successful. It's 'Win Now' or we'll make wholesale changes. Going into the second season

of the new regime in Tampa i tend to think thier 'arrow is pointing up'...so to speak.

I fully expect the Bucs to have a better record than the Panties this coming season. Perhaps 8-8.

They played us extremely tough in both games last year and they have improved in all areas of thier team.

The coaching staff has had another off-season to tweak thier game plan while adding in a fantastic draft class.

While i dont think they'll challenge for the division crown this year, we cannot look past them at all.

My Bro-in-law is a die-hard Bucs fan and he's cautiously optimistic about thier play-off chances this year.

I'm not sure about play-offs, but they could seriously surprise some folks this season.

And then there's that darn NFC South last-to-first reputation to consider. <_<

Yep, and they already have a beast DT with Roy Miller. He had an awesome game against us. With those 3 guys at DT that has the potential to be one of the best rotation of DT's in the league.

And Williams from Syracuse is pretty underrated as well. He was a 4th round pick as opposed to Benn who was a 2nd. From what I have read, Williams is looking great so far. Now we shouldn't expect huge numbers from either guy this year, but they definitley have done a good job building their team.

Yea, the Sucs are not gonna be a cakewalk like everybody thinks ......

I think the Bucs has allot of talent... They seem to be heading in the right direction... They can potentially have a nasty 3 DT rotation... If Monte Kiffin was still there i would be a lil more worried.

They have talent tho..... I will wait to see how they put it together before i actually get a lil worried...

Abe was not the only DL getting pressure. JA98 was constantly in the backfield and had 5 QB hits.

You don't get 5 QB hits without pressuring the QB.

I agree 100% with you about not being obsessed with the sack stat when assessing whether or not the th there was a pass rush.

There was definitely a pass rush this game. Abe and JA98 both. In fact, Smitty praised the 5 QB hits of JA98s saying this was exceptional for any DL in a single game. Heck, eveN Ffs70 acKnowledged one oF them.

It seems like all of your post involve JA98, is that all you talk about.

I think the Bucs has allot of talent... They seem to be heading in the right direction... They can potentially have a nasty 3 DT rotation... If Monte Kiffin was still there i would be a lil more worried.

They have talent tho..... I will wait to see how they put it together before i actually get a lil worried...

I think that Bucs are getting their Defense back to form, but at this point i dont trust that Coaching staff get put together the talent or a gameplan enough to sustain a winning season, Just dont see if from them, but they are stacking the talent and watching the game I was thinking the same thing regarding the DLine of the Bucs.

The two members were arguing about a pass rush which I provided a specific quote from our head coach about the pass rush.

Anytime you throw facts up here when a debate is going on, the young guns around here go berserk and start attacking you.

LAWL @ Price being underrated, LAWL @ Benn and Williams being true #1 and #2 WRs in the NFL. Oh this is comedy.

As far as the game goes, sounds about right, looking at the writeup you'd have thought we had no chance in the game, congrats to the defense really making it happen for us.

LAWL @ your generic remarks with no specifics to back them. Please explain.