Injuries sideline Derrick Morgan at Titans' OTAs

hawkeye

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 23, 2010 9:40 AM ET

The Tennessee Titans were thrilled when defensive end Derrick Morgan was still available with the 16th pick in the NFL draft. But things haven't gone well for Morgan in the two months since the Titans drafted him.

Morgan was arrested for speeding and driving with a suspended license, and he's been more spectator than participant in the Titans' organized team activities, which end this week, because of hamstring and calf injuries.

Still, coach Jeff Fisher sounds optimistic that Morgan will be ready to go when training camp starts.

"We could choose to get him out here and try to do the drills and subject him to a setback potentially,'' Fisher said, per the Tennessean. "[but] we decided we're just going to wait. We'd rather have him training 100 percent in the month of July and coming to camp.''

Morgan vows to be both physically and mentally ready when the season starts.

"I'm really being a student of the game right now,'' Morgan said. "I'm trying to learn the mental part of things, learning the plays and things like that. I'll stand next to [defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil] when he signals in the plays and I'm envisioning myself doing things. So I'm getting down a lot of the defense and it should have me ready for the season.''

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

With the exception of Chris Johnson, the Titans hsve #### for luck when it comes to the first round.

Umm.... Jevon Kearse, Keith Bullock, Albert Haynesworth, and Vince Young may disagree with you.

Haynesworth may be a bum now, but he was decent and then great for a season with the Titans.

And say what you want about Vince Young, he is the subject of much discussion... he may not put up fantasy numbers, but he leads the team to wins and he's improving. Best QB in his draft class, at any rate.

Kenny Britt also looks like he will be a reliable option for Young in the passing game... big tall guy with good hands.

The Titans aren't NEEEARLY as bad in the 1st round as many other teams. 8 of their previous 9 first round picks as the Titans have become solid starters for them and Morgan was deemed the safest bet at DE by everyone in this draft. While that doesn't necessarily mean anything, I'd say it shows they aren't terrible in the 1st round.

Umm.... Jevon Kearse, Keith Bullock, Albert Haynesworth, and Vince Young may disagree with you.

Haynesworth may be a bum now, but he was decent and then great for a season with the Titans.

And say what you want about Vince Young, he is the subject of much discussion... he may not put up fantasy numbers, but he leads the team to wins and he's improving. Best QB in his draft class, at any rate.

Kenny Britt also looks like he will be a reliable option for Young in the passing game... big tall guy with good hands.

The Titans aren't NEEEARLY as bad in the 1st round as many other teams. 8 of their previous 9 first round picks as the Titans have become solid starters for them and Morgan was deemed the safest bet at DE by everyone in this draft. While that doesn't necessarily mean anything, I'd say it shows they aren't terrible in the 1st round.

As much of a D that Cutler is, I would still take him over Young...beyond that though, Young is the best of the rest.

As much of a D that Cutler is, I would still take him over Young...beyond that though, Young is the best of the rest.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on that. Cutler is a whiney girl that gets mad when things don't go his way. Oh and not a very good QB either, despite what Skip Bayless thinks of him.