If you could add a former falcons player to the 2010 roster

FalconinPA

If you had to pick a former Falcons player to help with a position of concern(to yourself)who would it be? Offensive and Defensive side.

1. The position that I am most concerned with on the defensive side is DE

I would bring back Chuck Smith or Claude Humphrey. I only saw Humphrey play in a few games in the late seventies with my dad, but my dad swears he was terrorizing in that position.

2. On the offensive side I would bring back WR Terance Mathis. Him and Roddy at least make a deadly combination on paper.

I know the game has changed alot from when some of these guys played, but it is just for fun.

Edited by FalconinPA

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had to pick a former Falcons player to help with a position of concern(to yourself)would would it be. Offensive and Defensive side.

I would bring back Chuck Smith or Claude Humphrey. I only saw Humphrey play in a few games in the late seventies with my dad, but my dad swears he was terrorizing in that position.

2. On the offensive side I would bring back WR Terance Mathis. Him and Roddy at least make a deadly combination on paper.

I know the game has changed alot from when some of these guys played, but it is just for fun.

On Defense, at DE, it would have to be Claude Humphrey or Scott Case at the SE position.

On Offense...probably no one. Maybe Lynn Cain to accompany Turner.

Even though he is not one of my favorite Falcons, I would have to bring back Deion Sanders for the defense. Imagine our secondary with him and Dunta Robinson back there. As for offence, I would bring back Mike Kenn, he would be a great one to protect Matt's blind side. Deion would take care of our return duties as well.

Edited by e.lo

If you had to pick a former Falcons player to help with a position of concern(to yourself)would would it be. Offensive and Defensive side.

Claude Humphrey and Mike Kenn

The Last real change in football was the Forward pass.

Everything else is just the rules of the game.

Even though he is not one of my favorite Falcons, I would have to bring back Deion Sanders for the defense. Imagine our secondary with him and Dunta Robinson back there. As for offence, I would bring back Mike Kenn, he would be a great one to protect Matt's blind side. Deion would take care of our return duties as well.

Ooooh! Good call on Mike Kenn. I almost forgot about him. I wouldn't mind Mathis, Crump, or Rison in their prime.

On D, it's a toss up for me between Deion and Humphreys.

I loved Scott Case and Jesse Tuggle, but CB and DE are definitely more need positions.

Guest Gritz

On offense I'd take WR Michael Haynes.....dude could fly and had good hands.....Roddy and Haynes? Lord help the opposition.

On defense I like the idea of Claude Humphrey helping out Abe and the boys on that D-line......

To help this team out

Got to go with the masses

Humphrey on D But it's a toss up between him and Deion

Alfred Jenkins on O , yes there is Mathis, Rison and others but I liked watching Jenkins

BUT I would love to see W. Andrews running again, also Jamal Anderson, plus some Hampton and Cain

I was a big fan of Nobis, Brezina, Kykendahl(sp), Tuggle but the current LBs are good.

honorable mention some Scott Case thrown in there somewhere

Edited by delaigle

To help this team out

Got to go with the masses

Humphrey on D But it's a toss up between him and Deion

Alfred Jenkins on O , yes there is Mathis, Rison and others but I liked watching Jenkins

BUT I would love to see W. Andrews running again, also Jamal Anderson, plus some Hampton and Cain

I was a big fan of Nobis, Brezina, Kykendahl(sp), Tuggle but the current LBs are good.

honorable mention some Scott Case thrown in there somewhere

I have to agree with you on Alfred Jenkins. ALthough he is not mentioned as much, it was fun watching him along with Alfred Jackson. I always called them the Alfred brothers

Claude Humphrey and Mike Kenn

The Last real change in football was the Forward pass.

Everything else is just the rules of the game.

Oh yea, I forget the O-line

If you can find them go back and look at some old ATl vs Chi games.

I use to get a laugh out of watching Van Note completely stop Butkus

On defense, I would love to have the Gritz Blitz boys.

On offense, I would love to see Willie Andrews. My uncles swear he is the best running back the Falcons has ever had.

William was a GREAT back. Even John Madden said in his book One Knee Equals Two Feet that, had he stayed healthy, Andrews was a HOF rb.

My choices are Deion Sanders and offensively, give me Mike Kenn. He was the best OT in football for years, imo, but got no recognition. Munoz sucked up all the air in the room back then, but I always thought he was a bit overrated.

Defense: Would go with pass rush, and take Rod Coleman, or Humphries (or Kerney for the newer), enabling us to play a standard D. Or, would take Deion, and move toward a heavy blitzing scheme (like the old Eagles). Deion only helps us if we're willing to blitz.

Offense: Mathis or Kenn. Need a solid OT and a good 2 WR. Either one of those guys would make a big difference.