Attention BUCS Fans:

joe horn

For those of you that have posted here prior to 2003, I'm curious:

Did Falcons fans whine as much when you guys won the Lombardi as they are currently doing over the Saints' brilliant championship run?

:)

WHOSE WHINING Joe? JUST BECAUSE WE WON'T SING THE SONGS OF PRAISE TO YOU,

YOU CALL IT WHINING. LET ME REMIND YOU ... LIKE SO MANY SAINTS LIKE TO SAY ....

THIS IS "RIVAL CENTRAL." BESIDES, IF WE DID SING YOU SONGS OF PRAISE ...

"YOU GUYS HAVE SHOWN THAT YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT EITHER!"

It too ... would go straight to your heads!

WHOSE WHINING Joe? JUST BECAUSE WE WON'T SING THE SONGS OF PRAISE TO YOU,

YOU CALL IT WHINING. LET ME REMIND YOU ... LIKE SO MANY SAINTS LIKE TO DO ....

THIS IS "RIVAL CENTRAL." BESIDES, IF WE DID SING YOU SONGS OF PRAISE ...

"YOU GUYS HAVE SHOWN THAT YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT EITHER!"

It too ... would go straight to your heads!

If you want to throw in with the rest of the goons then that's your perogative, REV. I figured at least you had enough sense to know the whole thing isn't rigged just because it didn't turn out the way you wanted it, but I guess you need to tow the party line B)

If you want to throw in with the rest of the goons then that's your perogative, REV. I figured at least you had enough sense to know the whole thing isn't rigged just because it didn't turn out the way you wanted it, but I guess you need to tow the party line B)

COME ON JOE!! YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD ME SAY ANYTHING WAS RIGGED. SURE, IT DIDN'T TURN OUT THE WAY I MAY HAVE WANTED IT, BUT THATS LIFE. THE SAINTS EARNED WHAT THEY'VE GOT. I'VE NEVER STRAYED AWAY FROM THIS .. NOT ONE INCH. AT TIMES I DO TOW THE PARTY LINE. BUT IF THE LINE GETS TOO FAR OUT THERE, I'M ALWAYS THE FIRST TO TRY AN PULL IT BACK IN. YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THIN SKINNED, YOU KNOW ITS REALLY ALL IN FUN. I'LL SAY IT AGAIN ... "THE SAINTS WON THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP," LOCK, STOCK, AND LOMBARDI." AND IT WAS FAIR AS FAIR CAN BE. :rolleyes:

Did Falcons fans whine as much when you guys won the Lombardi as they are currently doing over the Saints' brilliant championship run?

Seeing as before Katrina there weren't 4 Saints fans in total spread across the Panthers,Bucs, and Falcon boards... I guess it would be hard them to remember.

And no, the Falcons didn't whine because the Bucs owned our azzes out right. And while we may have cried about the refs after our head to head games, no one ever claimed the Bucs were helped the whole way.

Of course, not many teams have won the NFCCG and then have fans all over the country complain that the officials handed them the game. Let's see, there was the Saints and... and.... and... Ok, just the Saints.

(And by the way, go ahead and post a "rigged" joke. No one cares any more. Everyone knows that it is the only defense Saints fan have for what everyone else knows is the truth.)

Seeing as before Katrina there weren't 4 Saints fans in total spread across the Panthers,Bucs, and Falcon boards... I guess it would be hard them to remember.

And no, the Falcons didn't whine because the Bucs owned our azzes out right. And while we may have cried about the refs after our head to head games, no one ever claimed the Bucs were helped the whole way.

Of course, not many teams have won the NFCCG and then have fans all over the country complain that the officials handed them the game. Let's see, there was the Saints and... and.... and... Ok, just the Saints.

(And by the way, go ahead and post a "rigged" joke. No one cares any more. Everyone knows that it is the only defense Saints fan have for what everyone else knows is the truth.)

Crazy because I didn't understand that just because someone thinks the wrong calls were made it was actually the wrong call.

Funny that noone can point out the wrong calls and show that they weren't correct...

Last thing I seen was 3 viking drives continued due to the Saints roughing the passer.

Penalty yards strongly favoring the Vikings by 70 yards.

What hurt the Vikes were the fumbles.

The Vikings fans claim that there were several "late" hits that were not called. In reality, there were several hits on that would constitute a foul. All of the WERE called except one...the blow to the knees that would have nullified an interception if it had been called. Of course, all one has to do is look at the 2008 Saints/Vikings game to see an example of an "obvious" missed call that would have resulted in a turnover being nullified -- the Reggie Bush face-mask. As long as humans are officiating games, there will be missed calls.

However, using the 2008 AP down-by-contact call/review is not going to help your cause. In 2008 Hochuli called that play down-by-contact under review because, although there was some movement of the ball in AP's arms, AP's hand had not come away from the ball before his knee hit the turf, and none of the replay angles showed anything different. Hochuli made the exact same call in the 2009 Saints/Giants game after one of our LBs picked up a Manning fumble and appeared to have possibly fumbled it himself out of the endzone. In addition, if you think a ball moving before the knee hits the ground (even though the player still has his hand on the ball or still has the ball pinned between his hand and body) constitutes a loss of possession, then you would have to give the Vikings the ball in OT, because the ball CLEARLY was moving after the Viking defender's helmet hit the ball. If that constitutes a loss of possession, then PT would not benefit from forward progress and would not have been awarded the 1st on 4th down. That is what the Vikings fans are saying. They are wrong. If you believe PT lost possession in OT of the NFCC, then so did AP in 2008. The truth is, under NFL rules, neither was a loss of possession, and both were the correct call.

The Meachem catch in OT Vikings complain about was also the correct call. Many Vikings fans point to the fact that the replay showes the ball hitting the ground...and it DOES! Prior to 2000 that would NOT have been a catch. In response to the Burt Emanuel catch being overturned in the 1999 NFCC, the NFL changes the rules governing what is a catch. Previously, if the ball touched the ground at all before the process of the catch was completed, it was incomplete. Now, the ball CAN touch the ground...it can even move around slightly...as long as the player gains control before the ball touches the ground and does not let the ball touch the ground when it is out of his control. Meachem pinned the ball between his leg and hand, and his hand never came off the ball even as it hit the ground.

The Defensive Pass Interference call was also correct...but the point of contract was not obvious. See this video. Many Vikings fans say that even if there was contact, the ball was "uncatchable." Unfortunately, they don't understand what NFL officials look for when they call a ball uncatchable in a PI circumstance. Since the receiver was interfered with, there is no telling where he might have been able to get to. In that circumstance, the ball would have to land well out of bounds or well away from the player in order to be ruled uncatchable. As an actual NFL referee who reviewed my video wrote to me, "If the ball lands 10 feet out of bounds or the receiver breaks inside and the ball is thrown outside – those are good examples of uncatchable. But these athletes are so amazing, if it's in the same zip code, it's normally considered catchable."

Hey...I feel bad for Vikings fans on some level. They have been so close so many times...and they always seem to find unbelievably bizarre ways to lose. Any long-time Saints fan should be able to relate. I feel their pain.

:blink: Who's whining? You Saints have been so sensitive lately. From now on, before you post in RC take some midol.....geezzzzzz!

I'm actually agreeing with nola on this one. He is telling the truth here. It is TATF and not RC fans that do the 'RIGGED WHINING' nonsense. Actually, I think jh knows this but he just tries to get under our skin here in RC...then again if jh wasn't an azzhole and hate all Falcons fans, then we'd think an alien took over his body and started typing... :lol:

Yeah, WFW, JH is just staying true to his nature. Stirring up the pot and sitting back watchin all the action.....typical.

Are you flirting again? Like I told you after multiple PMs. I don't swing that way.

Eat your Men's room nachos by yourself.

You need to talk to your therapist about your obsession with male genetalia.

I think you maybe gay =X

You need to talk to your therapist about your obsession with male genetalia.

I think you maybe gay =X

Once again, you are wishing out loud Laugher. I have a fiancee, a really hot FEMALE fiancee. If you keep sending me those disgusting PMs, I'm going to have to get the authorities involved.

Ironic though:

A "laugher" must be a happy person, gay means happy. :o

Once again, you are wishing out loud Laugher. I have a fiancee, a really hot FEMALE fiancee. If you keep sending me those disgusting PMs, I'm going to have to get the authorities involved.

Ironic though:

A "laugher" must be a happy person, gay means happy. :o

Hey man you have a hot fiance I have a hotter one!! This is the net, I am a heart surgeon.

Serious though it's ok to be gay man no one will judge you, I am sure you and your "fiance" presume a transi, will be very happy.

okay guys lets drop the personal **** and grow up.

who gives a flying **** this is the internet you cant prove ****.

Cept that saints fans are insecure because noones talking about the superbowl anymore and the falcons are riding high this year and dethronign them... nuff said.

Hey man you have a hot fiance I have a hotter one!! This is the net, I am a heart surgeon.

Serious though it's ok to be gay man no one will judge you, I am sure you and your "fiance" presume a transi, will be very happy.

I'm sure your cellmate is quite "beautiful". Isn't there a curfew in the prison cyber cafe?

Your argument might have more sting, if you actually knew how to spell "fiancee"

Edited by paulitik

okay guys lets drop the personal **** and grow up.

who gives a flying **** this is the internet you cant prove ****.

Cept that saints fans are insecure because noones talking about the superbowl anymore and the falcons are riding high this year and dethronign them... nuff said.

The Internet is like Willy Wonka's place, you never have to grow up. You just have to watch out for Ain'ts fans trying to go all Catholic Priest on you.

Yeah I didn't want the Bucs to win in 2002, but I was happy for them when it was over. Really, it's hard to even consider them a bitter rival after only 7 years, and back then it was way too new to ever take personally. In fact, if it wasn't for jb being such a histronic old yenta all the time I don't think I'd really have too many bad things to say about them, and even when I do it's usually just to spite him. :)

But MAN some of these Falcons fans are having a tough time accepting our success. I guess I'll have to start quoting them so REV won't feel compelled to back them up on good faith B)

Yeah I didn't want the Bucs to win in 2002, but I was happy for them when it was over. Really, it's hard to even consider them a bitter rival after only 7 years, and back then it was way too new to ever take personally. In fact, if it wasn't for jb being such a histronic old yenta all the time I don't think I'd really have too many bad things to say about them, and even when I do it's usually just to spite him. :)

But MAN some of these Falcons fans are having a tough time accepting our success. I guess I'll have to start quoting them so REV won't feel compelled to back them up on good faith B)

Good stuff Hornmaster.........we Bucs fans love your Saints as well...........Let's keep this Lombardi thing down here where it belongs..........

I got the Falcons up for that 'man trophy'............Hoping they'll rid themselves of all the females they have signed.............Bwaaaaaaaa.ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,...........

Crazy because I didn't understand that just because someone thinks the wrong calls were made it was actually the wrong call.

Funny that noone can point out the wrong calls and show that they weren't correct...

Last thing I seen was 3 viking drives continued due to the Saints roughing the passer.

Penalty yards strongly favoring the Vikings by 70 yards.

What hurt the Vikes were the fumbles.

Apparently, even Roger Goodell thought so. Wasn't a ref even fined for blown calls? Oh, and Farve hobbling like he had two broken legs hurt the Vikings worse. But of course the ref flagged that play... oh wait...

Is jh throwing out that same rhetoric still? You and I have congratulated the saints and their fans about the Lombardi and we're willing to move on but their not. jh spews out his tired old bitterness with a blanketed statement about a few malcontent Falcons fans saying it was rigged and tries to drag the rest of us in on his reindeer games. We're to smart for it REV2! Besides everyone sees through jh's nonsense anyways...

well said wfw...+1